1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Star Citizen

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Parge, 10 Oct 2012.

1. rollo

rollo Modder

If only we could play with each other its still fully random at last check.

2. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Inside CIG: Asteroid Hangar:-

3. JazzXP

JazzXP Eh! Steve

Unfortunately it's pretty unplayable for me at the moment. Get in to a game, goes for about a minute then get kicked back to the hanger. I guess it's to be expected in an (pre)Alpha state.

4. Moppi

Moppi Minimodder

Same for me

5. rollo

rollo Modder

Alot of people reporting similar experiences and blaming them for allowing so many access as it looks like it was not ready for the number of logins and players that they have recived since they upped it to 200k.

6. LeeBoy123

LeeBoy123 What's a Dremel?

Exactly why I left eve online, game was so much fun before caps etc, then it just slowed everything down.
    I guess I could be partly to blame for the blobs too, being the guy that suggested Suas should *play* eve online... I didn't think he would take it this far tbh lol
    My favourite times were gorilla warfare in the curse alliance against sa etc, after that game started progressing badly and it all went down hill :(

7. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

I caved on the "not buying a stick" and got this.

8. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Good buy :) Especially for that price!

9. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

10ftC:-

10. PaulC2K

PaulC2K PC Master Race

Theres some interesting unseen stuff in this video:

Its all stuff from the PAK files we download from updates, it does seem rather strange just how much excess content is in there which has zero relevance to what we have access to.
    But its a nice glimpse at what already exists, even if its only whitebox content, as it gives you an idea of what we'll see in the future and whats going on behind closed doors which we havent set seen. Its no 'Behind the Scenes' video, but its still great to see some of this stuff and easy to get excited about it all.

11. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Gladius sale coming tomorrow, on sale for a week. That's the Aegis Light Fighter that was a stretch goal a while back.

12. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

AtV #5:-

GLADIUS SALE $80!!!

Also, Ben & James are doing a "Wingman's Hangover" style show called "Reverse the Verse" on twitch at 18:00BST

EDIT: "Reverse the Verse" recording here

Last edited: 10 Jul 2014
  13. Pieface

Pieface Modder

Guys this game looks really interesting to me, and I'd love to try it. The only thing I don't get at the moment is where do you pledge for the game? Or has that stopped now? I see loads of pledges for ships and stuff but not for the game.

Thanks

14. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

On the RSI website, click on "Store" in the top menu, then on "Pledge".
    To get the game you want one of the "Game Packages", probably a "Single Ship Packages" unless you won the Lottery recently.

To play immediately, you'll also need an "Arena Commander Pass" for an extra $5 - this is because the last alpha slots went in April I think.

If you select a ship not currently available in "Arena Commander", you'll be loaned a basic Aurora, Hornet or 300i, whichever is closest in price to the ship you actually bought. (Almost EVERYBODY has loaners right now)

Once your purchased ship is available, they'll take back the loaner.

Don't forget to apply to our org, Bit-Sec.

15. Pieface

Pieface Modder

Cheers. What ship did you guys go for? Don't want to waste my money on a crap ship when a better one is not much more

16. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Personally, I have an Aurora LN, a Hornet F7C-R Tracker, and a Freelancer-DUR.

Bit Sec has quite the rag-tag fleet, but we're not sure exactly what, as the needed page of the RSI website "Organizations" section is still not ready.

17. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

BitSec has basically everything up to Constellation size, gets a bit random after that. Common early ships are the Avenger and 300i series - better than Auroras but not silly prices.

18. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

If you want to go one up from the most basic ship, the 300i or Avenger are both good options! :D

19. Pieface

Pieface Modder

I do like the look of the freelancer but not sure if ill make full use of the game to pay that much money! Decisions

20. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

You could get the "limited edition" Gladius, which goes on sale this weekend for $80