1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Any 'vapers' out there?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sentinel-R1, 13 May 2013.

1. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

I've been recommending the Naturevape Pro Mini because its so damn easy to wick with cotton, and the flavour is unbelievable. The flavour is a biggie for me. That and the throat hit. If its not hitting hard, its not worth it. Thats where nicotine levels play a big role. Anything below 18mg and the throat hit doesn't quite do it for me. Some 11mg flavours are ok though, namely menthols. If you go for the NV tank, pick up some Ice mint from him too. Lovely stuff. If I have a crap flavour (USA mix), I usually mix it with some Ice mint to kill it. Works well.

2. Ljs

Ljs Modder

Cool thanks for that, I'll check it all out.

I didn't realise just how big the Vamo V5 is, doesn't look like something you can stash too easy while you are out and about!

Edit:

Yeah, I'm sold on the idea of the NV Mini - something else to dabble with and the idea of changing wicks doesn't really phase me so it seems a good idea. Just trying to piece something together that I think will be suitable for me now.

Hmmm...

Last edited: 21 Sep 2014
  3. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Last edited: 6 Jan 2018
  4. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Took the plunge today, picked up a Kanger EMOW starter kit. In fact we have two one for me one for my dad.

Just charging them up now, going to give it a serious go and hopefully quit smoking regular cigs. I don't smoke a lot when I am at work etc though when i am home i smoke a fair bit more. Working nights and not being able to leave the store helps.

5. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Good luck Dom. :thumb:

You'll have to let us know what the EMOW is like, I'm either on my MVP2 or just regular evod batteries with evod cartomisers. That EMOW looks like a nice inbetween bit of kit TBH.

Paticularly interested to know if those new cartomisers are good on the flavour hit.

6. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Not too bad so far just using a spear mint flavor, it's £2 a bottle so not expensive and maybe not as tasty as some of the other brands. Just trying to keep the price down whilst I give it a go. Looking forward to trying the aniseed flavor I picked up.

This is the start of an equally expensive habit just on mods etc alone.

7. tk421

tk421 Idiot.

i was hoping there was a vaping thread going here ...

i've been smoke-free since 6/11/12 ... over 2 years now. been doing DIY for 18 months or so ... haven't bought vendor juice in a year. all my devices are rebuildable now as well ...

my all day setup is a mamu max (dual 1800 mah lipo / dna20 box mod) with a RSST set up 2Ω micro coil and cotton.
    backups include a panzer clone, a valkyrie clone, various dripping atties, a couple of twists, and a hana type unlabeled clone dna30 box.

8. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

I just bought my first DIY kit. Not a kit really, but Its the nicotine, PG and VG, and some flavours (coconut, cappucino, passion fruit, and menthol - all Capella flavours). Very excited and can't wait to receive them, hopefully tomorrow.

On a sad note, my naturevape nearly died in my pocket while I was playing volleyball. It literally broke in half where the 510 connector joins to the battery. After extensive surgery, I had to make a custom centre pin for the 510 connector, solder new wires to the circuit board, and make a new button for the battery. It was my best and biggest c-twist too. Sigh. It works now, but it looks like frankenstein lol.

Some pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Last edited: 6 Jan 2018
  10. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

It needn't be too expensive. Clones are frowned on by many, but you can get some very good quality clone mods & atomisers these days. The biggest switch I found was going from ego-style batteries to 18xxx batteries; though once you've got a good charger and some high quality batteries (efest, sony VTC4/VTC5) you're set.

Get hold of some of this stuff: Red Astaire concentrate. I cannot get enough of this flavour. As long as you stay under 50/50 PG/VG you don't need to go over 15% flavour (I'm using 20% at the moment, as I'm on a 70%VG/30%PG 5mg mix)

True. I dropped the top cap for my Mutation X earlier and there's not a single mark on it, despite being brushed stainless steel.

On that note, I've been very impressed with the Mutation X so far. The airflow is insane compared to what I'm used to - I don't even need to open it halfway to get huge lung hits. Running dual coils of 0.5mm kanthal at 0.25ohms; Red Astaire tastes SO MUCH better on this than anything else I've ever tried.

11. tk421

tk421 Idiot.

[​IMG]

L-R:

mamu max & RSST
    panzer clone & atomic clone
    valkyrie clone
    svd (deceased) & kfl+ clone
    mamu DENA & Igo-L
    vamo & evod (threads are tanked, that's all that fits it)
    1000mah joye twist & aspire bdc (510 ce5 style)

12. Ljs

Ljs Modder

After reading around a bit (quite a lot actually) I finally made my mind up and recieved a package in the post today - an IPV2, some Red Astair and a Nautilus mini.

Going to use the Nautilus mini for a week or two and then order up a Kayfun and possible and RDA (undecided which) in the next week or so with some different juice.

So far so good. :)

13. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

The IPV2 is bloody amazing. How are you finding it with the Nautilus?

14. Ljs

Ljs Modder

To be honest I don't have much (anything) to compare it with so can't really comment. Just tinkering around with it all getting comfortable at the moment. Haven't had a cigarette since I took it all out the packaging so that's awesome.

15. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

got a vaporshark rDNA on the way

[​IMG]

pretty hyped

16. Ljs

Ljs Modder

Does anyone know where you can get a stand/base with a 510 thread other than an ohm meter?

I've seen videos of people using ohms meters as a stand while they rebuild their RBAs but I'm not sure I need the meter function on it (I've heard they can be wildly inaccurate anyway). Suppose I could knock one together if not.

17. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

18. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Another Naturevape user here, and for the price I really can't fault it. I've tried some extremely expensive equipment and yet their Pro kit for under £40 delivered gives a better flavour and hit than anything else I've experienced.

I'd recommend even an experienced vaper to grab one of these kits and then come back here to tell me I'm right...

19. siliconfanatic

siliconfanatic Johny-come-Lately

Does anyone know of a nice starter kit that I could look into? I'd prefer something with a large tank (clear, if possible), cartomizer or clearomizer, doesn't bother me. I'd look myself, but I am not quite sure what to look for.

Willing to spend about $40

Last edited: 28 Oct 2014
  20. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

A kanger evod was my first purchase, didn't dissapoint,

I just splurged on a few things...

20W Eleaf iStick Express Kit
    Aspire MINI Nautilus
    some juice and some heads. Fingers crossed!