1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Elite - Dangerous by David Braben

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Jedra, 6 Nov 2012.

1. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

rare goods, all of them...

2. aramil

aramil One does not simply upgrade Forums

So spent two days (one out, one in) exploring (upgraded sidey) out towards the orion/crab nebs, and came back to return to a dock, and the first real player (ie not an npc) i see in two whole days interdicts me...... So i made him go pop :naughty: , and went on my way.

If you look at some of the components power/thrusters etc usually there is a varient with a lower mass which will increase LY. Also cargo/fuel(fuel tank weights nothing without fuel)

Last edited: 21 Dec 2014
  3. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Huzzah, got myself a brand, spanking new Cobra :D

4. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Well done man:thumb:
    I also got myself a Cobra and am very happy since:D

COBRA RULEZ !!! :rock:

5. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

its been 4 days since I ticket and emailed support about the `upgrade edition` and still no reply. they changed it since I ordered it for my dad which is very worrying - they only have a low cap for the broadband so downloading the game isn't an option.

6. JazzXP

JazzXP Eh! Steve

As a brand new player, still getting my bearings, but yeah, having a lot of fun just doing cargo transport missions between bases in the starter Sidewinder. I've replaced most of the parts though. Going for light parts currently to increase my jump range (and obviously better Frame Shift Drives too). Once I get a handle on it all, then it's time to get some bigger ships :D

7. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

New record. Just managed to destroy a fully decked out Anaconda in my Sidewinder! Some other bugger made the kill shot right at the end though, so lost my Bounty. Needless to say I went on to annihilate that Commander! :D

8. Chicken76

Chicken76 Minimodder

If I buy a new ship, can I transfer equipment from my Hauler to it or do I have to buy everything again? The Hauler is wobbling pretty badly and it's making me sick ...
    Can I turn this off somehow?

9. ThirtyQuidKid

ThirtyQuidKid Minimodder

Good job, you should record some of the encounters and put it up for other to see.......

10. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Been meaning to try out the ShadowPlay function offered by Nvidia, be worth setting up for these encounters! :thumb:

11. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Gah! Just got rammed in my heavily upgraded viper, which I was using to camp the Nav beacon (near the sun) in one of the local systems. I had 88k of bounty and was just about to pop a 30k ASP, when out of nowhere I exploded, clearly rammed by a heavy ship of some sort. I had full shields but all my power was to my weapons :/ so instead of 118k to the wallet, I lost all that and had to pay 45k insurance costs.

Oh well, it is the brutal nature of Elite I guess :D

12. Chicken76

Chicken76 Minimodder

Is the Cobra a decent fighter in it's stock configuration?

13. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Not for combating small ships. Problem being the secondary gun placements are far apart so they prove ineffective against ships of equal or lesser size. The Viper on the other hand is an excellent combat ship but it takes a little upgrading to make it competent.

14. ThirtyQuidKid

ThirtyQuidKid Minimodder

I have the Cobra now and it's not bad. A little slow as stock with less manoeuvrability. I overcome to a degree by using it in combat with flight assist off with small ships. Blogins summed it up above really.

If you want pure combat then go for the viper fully upgraded. Thats what I had before the cobra upgrade and to be honest I should have stored it at the station instead of part-exing for the cobra.....

15. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

So I'm thinking of picking this up.

Is it worth getting at the moment? I've heard a lot of stuff is still to be released?

Is it playable with a gamepad? I'm planning on picking up a HOTAS setup but that won't be until after Christmas.

16. Landy_Ed

Landy_Ed Combat Novice

Not any of them are really decent in stock config. If you can get yourself an explorer spec one, and upspec that a little, it's excellent.

17. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Joystick is the way to go. Personally I couldn't play the game with a joypad.

Not sure what Frontier are planning as I've not kept up with recent developments. That said you can buy the base game now but there are plans for DLC that will cost extra on top. Assuming the tiered pay structure through Beta is anything to go by, otherwise there's going to be plenty of pissed customers that bought into the 'Lifetime Expansion' pass! :D

18. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Personally, I'd say wait a little bit as I'm already running out of things to do so am on the verge of quitting the game until they produce an abundance of content.

Works perfectly fine on a gamepad or keyboard & mouse, it's a case of the game plays best on what you're used to.
    I only have a cheap stick at the moment and doesn't work too well, so prefer to use my PS4 controller at the moment... I plan on picking up something like the X55 Rhino eventually as I'm playing a few more flight sims lately but haven't found any fall-backs to using the console controller.

19. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

If you hang around Nav beacons, stuff will drop out of supercruise near you, don't be in stuff's way when that happens!

20. DraigUK

DraigUK Minimodder

My first ED video

Merry Xmas and all that!

I'm bored, drunk and waiting for the kids to fall asleep to do the stockings, if you are also, here is something to watch. Completing multiple Elite Anaconda kill contracts. Have a good one!

Last edited: 25 Dec 2014