1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Elite - Dangerous by David Braben

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Jedra, 6 Nov 2012.

1. Chicken76

Chicken76 Minimodder

Finally was able to allocate some time to this game last night! Wasn't an early backer, just bought the pre-order package.
    Mixed feelings so far. My docking attempts are very clumsy. Also, navigating the menues is very distracting.
    My question is: is it worth upgrading the sidewinder or should I buy something else and sink credits into that?
    Also, why does it say that all the equipment is loaned? Is it going to dissapear at some point?

2. ThirtyQuidKid

ThirtyQuidKid Minimodder

Try to complete the tutorials before playing the game. It will help with basic piloting, landing and combat. The menus take some getting used to especially in flight but they do work especially well with head tracking(if you have the setup). Everything is loaned to start with till you upgrade, but they will give no trade in value. As for the sidewinder definitely upgrade as it is a very agile combat capable ship able to take out ships much larger than itself....

3. Chicken76

Chicken76 Minimodder

I did play those tutorial missions prior to launch, but none of them had any landing or taking off involved. I managed to complete all of them multiple times except the last one. Dog-fighting is not the problem, navigating through the menus/map is.

So everything is loaned, even the sidewinder itself? Do I need to buy a new one and upgrade that?

About ships, where can I check a list of characteristics, like maneuverability, weapon damage, etc? Google showed up a wiki, but it's pretty flimsy.

4. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

The big tip for landing if you have a joystick is to bind your POV HAT(s) to lateral thrust and vertical thrust (forward/backward as well if you have more than one POV HAT). This means you simply blow in to the station at max thrust, jam on the brakes when fairly close to the pad and and then use the HATs to pull off a smooth landing in seconds.

Or, if you're awesome, full thrust straight at the pad, level off and kill thrust at exactly the right moment to end up right on top of it. Gear down, done.

NB: The latter approach usually ends up with a dead ship, but is fun when it works.

5. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

The only way is awesome. :p

6. Chicken76

Chicken76 Minimodder

Is it possible for a group to take on an assignment, complete it together and share the reward?

7. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Not that I am aware of, but if you all manage to get in the same "instance" and one person is finding it hard to either kill for bounties or make any decent profit then the group can, shoot at people who are wanted and let that person get the final couple of hits to get the rewards.

Now that they have killed the "Rare" goods off, all day today there has been for me 1 ton of Eranin Pearl Whiskey show up at Azaban City so now, I need to work my way up to a hauler to get some decent cargo space, and risk loosing money on each trade run as the trade data is pretty much 100% wrong.

8. mrMonkeyChunks

mrMonkeyChunks EVGA Cheesecake

Speaking of groups is there a bit-tech group at all?
    I understand the system isn't exactly... reliable at the moment, but perhaps we can get a list going of all our commander names?

I'm Cmdr MonkeyChunks in game.

9. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Cmdr GravitySmacked

10. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Cmdr NaloaC

11. Chicken76

Chicken76 Minimodder

I have a couple of questions:

1. What is "integrity" and how can it decrease from A to A?
    [​IMG]

2. What components increase the jump range? I'm thinking of the obvious FSD. Anything else?

12. Jehla

Jehla Minimodder

1. I'm not totally with it on component fairings, but remember seeing someone saying there is a numerical value behind the letter which can go up/down without effecting the letter shown. A bit like grade boundaries I guess. - this could be nonsense though.

2. Either a better FSD or making your ship lighter (cargo dose effect this, I think fuel does too) will increase your jump range.

13. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

if my understanding is correct, the class gets better with the numerical increase but the integrity is in reverse, in that A is better than E. tbh the fitting window is a bit poor in places.

14. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Cmdr Phinix here:D

Question: so now after rare being "nerfed", what do you guys transport?

I have a Cobra with 20T cargo space, what could I do with this amount?

15. Chicken76

Chicken76 Minimodder

What "rare" are you talking about?
    I'm also curious what's good to ship around. I'm in a Hauler with 16T cargo.

16. GravitySmacked

Took down a ship with a 76k bounty, go to collect it and it's not showing up - this has happened twice today :grr:

17. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Are you claiming it in the right region? You have to dock at a station with the faction you're claiming the bounty against. Could be Federation, Alliance, Empire or Corporate.

18. GravitySmacked

Yeah as far as I can tell. The bounty isn't showing up in my ship menu as available to collect from anywhere.

19. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Assume you got the information blast you got the bounty after taking the kill? Sometimes other hunters or law enforcement get the final shot in meaning you don't get the bounty. No proportional split for damage in the wilds of space!

20. GravitySmacked

Yeah absolutely, that's how I know how much it was worth.