1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Grand Theft Auto V

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Quuwahi, 30 Oct 2012.

1. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

Just came here to post that, no patch notes though.

Mouse issues?

2. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I suspect the patch was to fix the user account name issue, which has obviously been causing outrage for a number of international users.

3. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

250MB could be a bit big for the username issue?

Unfortunately I'm reliant on Rockstar servers, currently 1.6kb dl speed

4. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Yeah,
    So, The first SP heist, the Jewellery store, Escaping on the bikes, soon as i'm in the tunnel, if i left/right click the mouse or left/right bumper on the controller, the game crashes to desktop, And does it when i exit the tunnel and transfer to Michael who's in the truck.
    Mouse/Keyboard are plugged directly into the PC, Xbox One controller is plugged into a USB Hub on my display, but i do also plug it into the keyboard. Only other USB device i have always plugged in is a UareU Finger Print reader.

Sam

5. silk186

silk186 Derp

What is the general cause of loading times? Why do some games not benifit from SSD while others due. What is the bottleneck for loading times in GTA V?

6. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

That's pretty seriously annoying - I'm sure you've probably had all manner of suggestions/ideas/tried all sorts, but is there any mouse driver/supportware installed?

7. samkiller42

I've got a Steelseries mouse, But the software hardly ever works, so, it's installed, but isn't running, I could unplug the UareU and see if that makes any difference.

Sam

8. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

The fact it happens with controller as well as KB/M is weird though... Did you download it from steam? You should verify it's integrity to make sure it's not just a corrupt file problem.

9. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

I'd verify the Steam files as TSB suggests, and if that fails, uninstall the Steelseries stuff, unplug the UareU, and try then. It's certainly annoying...!

10. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

You can add your own music to GTA, nice touch

11. rollo

rollo Modder

It's nice but there's a lot of people with issues reminds me of gta4 launch some people had the game working flawlessly others with the same system could not run it at all.

Had a few issues myself on that heist mission that your on Sam. I verified the files and it re downloaded 2gb, the loading times between characters are because the world is streaming files if they are not ready then it takes longer. Xbox 360 used to suffer similar things after a few hours of playtime.

12. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Heist mission ran perfectly for me. Odd.

My first step on troubleshooting would be to unplug everything apart from keyboard and mouse.

13. samkiller42

I have done, and i've un-installed the steel series engine, still crashed. On top of that, i've revalidated, and i've re-installed, so, not too sure what else.

Sam

14. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Okay, silly suggestion, got another mouse to try?

15. samkiller42

It's crashing straight after i go back to Franklin on the bike, Worked perfectly when throwing the gas into the aircon, and worked perfect for Michael, shot the glass ok, soon as it went back to Franklin, i right clicked, and crash. Yes, i've got 2 mice i can try, so that's my next plan.

Sam

Edit: Just tried with a Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse, Same crash, same place. Short of re-installing Windows and having literally nothing on the system.

Last edited: 17 Apr 2015
  16. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Post update and now I'm getting a crash - From the start menu to loading the game, event ID 1000, task ID 100, Exception code 0xc0000005.

Yay.

17. mrMonkeyChunks

mrMonkeyChunks EVGA Cheesecake

I left my PC running over night to download the game (1.1 download speed) and had 6GB left when I turned it off before work.

just restarted the download - 22GB left to download.

Great, another 10 hrs

18. Lankius Maximus

Lankius Maximus Minimodder

I've been playing the game since Tuesday and must say I am impressed. Funnily enough though the largest amount of slow down I suffer is when I hit the outer less populated 'countryside' areas where my frame rates will slow from 55 - 60 FPs to around 30-35. This is only for a brief period but is still noticeable.

It's installed on a crucial bx100 500gb drive with no hard drive and loads relatively quickly.

I still have vsync enabled but I will try it without. There is definitely a high CPU load however I did try disabling the loader and it did crash after about 5 mins.

Every thing is running at 1080p on very high. I will give an exact run down when I get time (3 or 4 days).

19. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Finally got this through the post from Amazon. It's 7 DVD's! Awesome box as well, it must cost a fortune to print and distribute. Looks cool anyway and cheaper than Steam...

[​IMG]

Last edited: 18 Apr 2015
  20. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

The most recent patch has caused my game to stop working without warning. I have had it happen about five times now. All during a mission I am trying to complete. The latest time was when I was driving. I have also had the game lock up when it auto switches between characters as per the mission.