1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

I think mastering it will be the tough bit, but I'm led to believe that the results are really quite something... :thumb:

2. legoman

legoman breaker of things

You know thats just put a killed summer dont you!

3. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

As you should! They look like awesome bits of kit.

Green eggs are glorious! I see them a lot on the subreddits I use, and I want one!

It's the cost and the potential hassle if any of it turns up cracked that stops me, though.

4. jinq-sea

I bought it from John Lewis, so I hope that:

1) it won't turn up cracked because, you know, John Lewis; and
    b) if it does, they'll sort it out because, you know, John Lewis.

I got bought a funky wireless thermometer for it as a birthday present, too. I predict I'll get a bit more fat over the next few weeks...

5. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

[​IMG]I know Master locks are notoriously shite, but it's to replace a Sterling padlock which was even worse. Weatherproof my backside: it completely seized, and I had to cut it off with an angle-grinder. T'other lock will replace a generic on the front gate, and they're keyed alike for simplicity.

[​IMG]
    Picked this up while I was looking at padlocks. I've got a couple I can pick, but I never feel quite like I know what I'm doing compared to Euro cylinders. Figured being able to see what I'm doing might boost my confidence a little, improve my times.

6. liratheal

Always wise to have someone else to throw a paddy at! Although the yanks appear to not have many problems getting replacements for new ones. Ah well.

What did you get wireless thermometer wise? I've been looking at thermometers recently, albeit non wireless ones, and I'm going to be picking up a Thermapen mk4 in the not too distant future for steak cooking funtimes.

7. jinq-sea

8. liratheal

Oo. Nice. Replaceable probes.

9. jinq-sea

Yeah - it's nice innit. I've measured the temperature of an orange and my hand so far, but I'm expecting good things. In combination with my non-contact thermometer for the coals, I'm hoping I'm all set!

I just need to get wood now. Fnar fnar.

10. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I bought one of those earlier in the year - looked like a great educational tool, but it was far too easy to pick. I ordered a more complex double ended door lock (similar to what we see on modern UPVC doors) to see if it was any better. Not had the time to play with it yet.

11. jinq-sea

Where does one obtain such 'educational tools' from? I'm intrigued!

12. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Considered having a play myself, might do one day

Amazon Link

13. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I've got a load of Euro cylinders (the "more complex double-ended door locks" to which you refer), ranging from straight-four-pin to six-security-pin models. I can pick every single one. Padlocks, though, I have *never* been able to single-pin-pick. Rake, sure: there aren't that many padlocks that stay closed when I tickle 'em with a city rake or fauxgota. Single-pin? I'm lost, hence the transparent one.
    Amazon, or China if you want to save cash. If you're just beginning, I'd recommend getting a couple of second-hand Euro cylinders from FleaBay, the SouthOrd PXS-14 with a bonus DeForest Diamond pick, and if you like what you're doing perhaps a pair of titanium Bogotas (which go through common locks like *butter.* Seriously, I unlocked a mate's cash machine (long story) in seconds with the Bogota rake.)

It's a fun hobby!

14. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

Ooooh, now that's something I can get behind. Been eyeing on up for a good 3 years now but it's hard to find the justification when you already have a good. fully functioning barbecue and hot smoker. A new cookshop opened near to me a couple weeks back though and they seem to stock them, if things are good financially this summer it might be the time to spring for one!

15. jinq-sea

Do it! (I'll confirm this is a good idea when I have tried mine!)

16. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

My dads had one for the best part of 15 years now.

Amazing bit of kit, did a pulled pork joint on it years ago and was in there for 24 hours on 1 load of fuel. we use it for so much,

we picked it up when we lived in the states and it came back with us when we moved, I can only guess it must have been one of the first ones in the UK as they were not available at all back there and it was 7 years or so after that i saw one on a tv show in the UK

17. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

[​IMG]

The stand, not the 'phones.

18. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

[​IMG]

19. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

2 rolls of PLA filament, 1 of TPE, roller bearings, assorted nuts/bolts/washers.

20. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

Plumber or Gas fitter?..... or both?