1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

General lack of interest in waking up in the morning.

2. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

local town hall 100 yards from me is having its annual fireworks display so my street parking looks something like this

[​IMG]

some piece of ****'s even parked on my drive, ive shoved my car across the entry so they'll have to knock to move it.

words will be had.

MLyons, Vault-Tec and The_Crapman like this.
  3. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Who parks on someone else's drive ffs? Disgraceful.

4. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Hang in there bud. All I can say is go for a walk, bike ride, tidy up the garden, whatever. Always sounds like boring and obvious advice but it does actually help. Speaking of which, I've got to go mow the lawn after having left it for 6 months...because I didn't follow my own advice. think I might need a machete to make some headroom.

Edit: Just for the love of whatever don't spend all day in front of the TV/PC. You'll just be really pissed off you wasted the day.

adidan and The_Crapman like this.
  5. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I always feel so much better having done something, even something little like a bit of washing up, sorting through a messy draw or tidying up your desk. Then reward yourself with a nice hot beverage and a biscuit or 5.

adidan likes this.
  6. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Prepared the plants on the balcony for winter yesterday. Felt sooo good afterwards. Today my flu is back with a vengeance.

7. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Massive irrational fear of dentists and inflammed gums ARGH!

8. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

This is an option... though, in fairness, I am a bit too stingy to buy new baking trays now. ;)

On that note, i got a phone call on Thursday stating that the wind screen had been fixed, the Driveshafft Seal was being put in then, and the bumper was in for a quotation.
    My feeling is they won't be able to panel beat the creases in the plastic, but that's their problem...
    I just wish there was a radio in that crapbox Corolla... it would make it more bearable.

9. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Just had my tax paperwork back from my accountant, telling me how much I need to pay Our Glorious Leaders next year. It's not a small amount. It's actually higher than last year despite bringing in around £1,000 less in revenue, 'cos apparently I spent less.

EDIT: Oh, balls, he made a mistake: 17/18 was when I was on a short-term contract for some technical writing work, which ate up my personal allowance - meaning that the entirety of my self-employment income is now eligible for tax, and the payment due at the end of January just damn near doubled.

Instant noodles for Xmas dinner, methinks!

Last edited: 5 Nov 2018
  10. perplekks45

Yeah, got a new router/modem (FritzBox) today. Guess what? Yes, still getting random disconnects, but the time inbetween is shorter now! Tried with Devolos, without them, LAN, WiFi, hell, not connecting anything and still after xx minutes the connection will drop. There is no reason on my side, there is no reason on the ISP side. This makes me a lot angrier than it should.

Anyway, I'll finish the latest Stephen King to calm down. If I need it, I will start the Prometheus scripted afterwards. Plus beer. Yes, lots of beer. Sounds like a good idea from over here.

11. The_Crapman

I swear these hernias know they're getting fixed tomorrow. Been getting a write old kicking off them today and you get very dodgy looks on the train if you're grabbing your groinal region while groaning. lol

12. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

They ache like hell sometimes. It's the weather, mate. Really makes a difference if it's cold and damp !

13. Mopsi

Mopsi What's a Dremel?

politics in germany. Seriously remembers me like it was in the 20s.
    Hope we have learnd from history.

14. perplekks45

What exactly reminds you of the 20s in Germany right now? Really curious what I may be missing.

15. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

Not really ruining, just a series of annoyances with various companies this morning

1) Placed an order a couple of days ago from Bristol Cameras for an item that was 'In Stock' only to receive an email last night saying that they actually don't have stock now until 19th November. They've taken payment off my credit card by the way.

2) Called Mifsuds this morning to order the same item as they also show as having stock - turns out that actually they don't have stock either.

3) Look elsewhere this morning and can't find anywhere else in the UK with stock so looks like I'm stuck waiting for a fortnight.

4) Receive a parcel from Amazon containing an item that is clearly counterfeit. Return arranged no problems but for some reason they've refused to publish my review of the item whereby I wrote in detail about receiving a counterfeit item - that was 15 minutes of my life wasted.

5) Log onto Laithwaites to check on an order placed yesterday only to find that it's been cancelled without any form of email notification. Another phone call and turns out that their system buggered up applying a voucher code and now I won't be getting my order at all and they're going to refund me the payment that they've already taken.

16. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

They do that. If you're really lucky, they won't have also removed all your previous reviews on any product ever and banned you from ever leaving another review ever again - which is their normal MO. No warning, either: you'll just try to post a review in the future and it'll fail.

17. The_Crapman

Oh my god I'm in so.much pain. No idea how I'm gonna get out the bed at this minute. Had a bit of oramorph but that's really only taken the edge off.

You know how they say that women forget the pain of childbirth so that they'll have more? I think the same applies for surgery. I forget just how much pain is involved in the aftermath because all I remember is that the problem was fixed.

18. Vault-Tec

As I said in PM man, rest up. I had mine done at 12 and 15 and it was bad enough then ! These days I bruise my knee and it takes a month for the bruise to go.

19. The_Crapman

Yeh definitely. Finally got home about an hour ago. Took about 5 mins to walk the 20 yards from the car to the front door, then a good few minutes to build up the courage to step up into the house. Gonna live downstairs for a day or 2 as the loo is downstairs and sod making that trip up and down the stairs in the night. Think will likely be more than 2 weeks off work too, which means shitty ssp for whatever I have off over that. Yay.

Weirdest thing is my shoulders have been killing me. Asked the nurse and it's because they pumped my belly full of CO2 for the op. Some of this escapes upwards into the shoulders and causes the pain. Not sure why it causes the pain though, probably just from pressure on the joints and nerves but could be because it's CO2 and the body is having to work really hard to get rid of it.

Last edited: 7 Nov 2018
  20. Vault-Tec

I called that the "pensioner shuffle". You're bent forward, shuffling your legs forward slowly. And yeah, wind can be very painful in places you never dreamed of.