1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

A blue serial SPI/I2C 1.8" OLED display (256x64) for a whopping 12 Euros.

When it arrives from sunny China I need to work out how to drive the sodding thing from a mini Arduino so I can integrate it into the Lawgiver.

I have a feeling that's easier said than done.

Arboreal likes this.
  2. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

Thanks for the heads up!

I’ve just ordered a second cooler and CPU to throw into it, and decided to throw four of my spare SSDs in there to resell it.

Judging by previous sales, over $600 shouldn’t be out of the question. Not bad for a $240 out of my pocket investment. :)

Vault-Tec and liratheal like this.
  3. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I was going to say "One does not simply have one Xeon"

4. Vault-Tec

[​IMG]

I've only just gone through one, after about eight days. A record for me, given I am on it like a dummy all day. However, I realised I'd been had... When I ordered the tank (which was very expensive) it did one of those combo things. I never usually bother with those, but it said the three packs of coils were £15.98, but if I ordered one with the tank I could get it for £12. So I added it, and it then all proceeded to come from China ffs.

Looking on Amazon today? clear I've been duped. They are £10.98 for three on Prime. Having said that I would be super duper pissed, but at just around £3.50 each I am very, very happy. I was paying £6.98 for 5 and going through those in a week. The coil itself? still good as new, even reading the same ohms as before. However it is black in there, like charcoal (the cotton) and tastes horrid. Then again at the vape quality and taste, and that they are even cheaper? yeah I will stick with this tank.

5. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

5 coils in a week!!! Christ on a bike, that's some going.

I'm using Smok v12s and a pack of 3 coils has lasted me nearly 3 months!!

Weekly_Estimate likes this.
  6. Vault-Tec

I'm using practically no nicotine now. I have a 120ml dropper bottle and in that goes 4ml of 72mg Nic,100ml of juice and then gets topped off with PG until full and then shaken.

The tank I was using was old (4 years) and so was the tech. My biggest problem? Sweet liquids that burn into black caramelised toffee then go hard and taste burnt. Choco donuts, glazed donuts, rhubarb and custard etc. They all knack coils really quick . Plus I'm vaping very high VG as I am allergic to PG and get eczema if I have too much PG.

7. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Mmm, indeed. Maybe use iconic subinterlink with the ionizing master systems and the promethean phaser type-8 with psionic replicators instead?

[ZiiP] NaloaC, adidan, Goatee and 2 others like this.
  8. TheMadDutchDude

I grabbed four Xeon E7 4890v2 chips for $40 each as I threw a stupid offer at the guy... he accepted.

Two weeks later: someone offers me $300 for them. I love winning the eBay game. :D

adidan and liratheal like this.
  9. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Same. I love that moment where a change cost you nothing (EG: Swapped my type cover QWERTY for a German QWERTZ, basically, last week) because someone gets a little heavy handed with the bid button.

10. Vault-Tec

[​IMG]

Yaka likes this.
  11. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Has it been launched, or was this a pre-order?

12. Vault-Tec

Pre order from CDkeys. I tried to hold out, but I crumbled. It was £34.99 on CDKeys. It's very expensive elsewhere. Not that £34.99 is cheap, but the PC version costs more than the console versions by the look of it (possibly the extra dev time for the RTX? dunno).

If it's half as good as the wonder that was Last Light I know I am in for a treat or two :)

13. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

i love the metro games, but the originals and the remasters give me motion sickness. the only fps games ever to do so think there were other folk when metro first came out that had similar issues and tinkering with fov helped them but not me.

14. Vault-Tec

I didn't like the original it was too hard and ammo too scant. Last Light though was wonderful from start to finish. Beautiful, wonderful and harrowing all at the same time. Oh and downright scary at times too.

I played it through on a 50" TV at the time.

15. TheMadDutchDude

Another eBay bundle... ASROCK Z170 OCF, 6700K, 3x 950 PRO drives, two 256GB drives and a 512GB drive. Should basically be able to sell everything except for the CPU and almost break even. :D

Yaka and Arboreal like this.
  16. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Considering all the re-packing and shipping (not to mention the hassle of finalizing the deals in the first place), that sounds like a lot of effort to "Just about break even"??

17. TheMadDutchDude

I'd be keeping the CPU, which would be a $200 profit... ;)

Repacking is literally take it out of one box, shove it in another, slap a label on it and send it. It's five minutes work at most. :lol:

Arboreal likes this.
  18. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Currently in the process of building a mono-green "fun" deck for casual play. I'm at around £95 and have left the most expensive cards till last... which is around £55 for four cards (if I'm lucky). I decided to get the best sleeves for the deck and it turns out that these are just lovely.

[​IMG]

19. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

well either way its on epic store only now, i wont be buying it its not that i am steam fanboi or some thing but how the feck do devs justify tieing the games down to one store front on pc

20. Vault-Tec

Because Steam is really really greedy...

I'm not sure what's going to become of my preorder, because it was for a Steam key.

But I understand why they're doing it 100%.