1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

How on earth did you manage that.

2. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Was a black Friday deal through mobile phones direct :thumb:

[​IMG]

Never renew your phone contract when it's not November!

3. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Got the cabling installed to swap reverse and fog lights installed in the RS, and the AC system tricked into thinking it still exists before it started raining. Even got 90% of the trim reinstalled in the boot.

Also, it's totally reversible which is nice.

Now, to wait for the ST headlights to arrive. After some careful modification those'll be DRL's and LHD headlights. Which will also be nice.

4. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Finally organised most of my hardware.
    img_20190508_231837.jpg
    Which was done so I could find this beauty
    img_20190508_231600.jpg
    Not my hand as I have paws... Obviously :rollingeyes:

IanW and The_Crapman like this.
  5. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

upload_2019-5-9_9-42-24.png

That massive Labs Test I did for PC Pro is out today!

Vault-Tec, Mister_Tad, spolsh and 2 others like this.
  6. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Is that your good lady's hand making the front page? #handmodelrates

7. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

It is! It's the full-page hero image for the feature, too. Fame at last, eh?

Vault-Tec likes this.
  8. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

The headlights arrived, with no broken tabs, and a full compliment of Phillips bulbs which was entirely surprising. I'd expected some cheap crap.

Fitted nicely, they even have the locating lug that's broken on my RS headlights.

Bonus.

Edit because same **** different flavour.

I needed ignition switched power in the engine bay for the drl. I had been pondering how best to do this with the least amount of holes. Turns out, owning to not using the charge cooler installed from factory, I already have ignition switched 12v, on a weather proof connector. I can just make my own loom to hook into the single pin on each headlight I need without modifying the factory loom at all.

Last edited: 9 May 2019
    Vault-Tec and MLyons like this.
  9. Gareth Halfacree

I have a fully-working front door again!

...I'm also £150 poorer, but let's concentrate on the positives, eh?

perplekks45 and Guest-44638 like this.
  10. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Grats on the mag Gareth. You must be very proud of Mrs Gareth.

11. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

[​IMG]

12. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Really happy with myself for actually going through with a month of sports and dieting. Started last Sunday with weights, couldn't do anything on Monday due to an appointment with my local bank, running 2.5km on Tuesday, weights on Wednesday, running 2.5km today. Tomorrow will be weights and Saturday will be running again. Sunday is the day off. After that it'll be running, weights, running, weights, running, weights, Sunday.

On top we (the girlfriend joined the fun to make it easier for me) will have salad (lettuce, peppers, tomato, cucumber, onion, ...) every night from Mon - Fri. Adding cheese/meat/poultry/fish if and when we feel like it. The weekends are usually "cheat days", as in we might go out for dinner with friends/family or we might just have anything but salad. Not stuffing ourselves with crappy fast food, but y'know tasty stuff.

I will have moments in which I'll hate myself for this but it feels good every time you finish your daily routine.

Vault-Tec and adidan like this.
  13. MLyons

Just broke a hwbot record. Albeit on a gt 640, it's still a record :rollingeyes:

14. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Just received an email from Gumtree warning me that a seller that I had contacted was being investigated for contravening Gumtree regs....never seen that before!
    I exchanged messages with him about the motherboard and CPU a couple of weeks ago, and put in an offer , but never heard anything back.
    So, I seem to have side stepped some sort of problem there. On the other hand, I have missed out on a tasty X99 mATX board with i7 5820K.

15. Vault-Tec

Prolly dodged a bullet there matey.

Guest-44638 likes this.
  16. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

True, first time I've seen that warning.
    Technically, an i5 8400 will keep up with the 5820K and the board will have newer features too.

17. Vault-Tec

1080p the I5 will likely be quicker.

18. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

Just bought the mag and read the article, great stuff Gareth.

Quick question: who decides which is PC Pro's "Labs Winner" and "Recommended"? Do you get input to that? What criteria is used?

19. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

Have I really be sub'd to/buying PC Pro for 20yrs...? :eek:

Reading PC Pro played some part in me building/owning my first PC... which lead to meeting my (now) wife.

20. Gareth Halfacree

Ta!
    It's entirely up to me (by which I mean the person doing the Labs, which in this case is me.) I choose the scores, and then decide which is recommended and which is the overall winner. I'd imagine if I made a really controversial choice the editor would want me to justify it, but that wasn't the case this time around.

My criteria for the winner was the machine that offered the best balance between price, performance, size, and power - though I allowed a bit more flexibility for the recommended awards, hence the Jetway walking away with one despite performing poorly in the benchmarks.