1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films The Official bit-tech Movie Thread - What have you seen lately?

Discussion in 'General' started by knuck, 13 Jun 2010.

1. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Is that an advert, or a training film, for Screwfix?

2. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

It can be whatever you want it to be I suppose :happy:

3. adidan

Agreed, it was too far fetched even for Marvel :happy:

That was probably my least enjoyable watch of the Marvel franchise TBH.

4. Mr_Mistoffelees

I've never watched it, it was just the Screwfix in the title.

In general, if it's a film and it's not old, I've probably not seen it, especially if it's american.

5. adidan

Machinist, screwfix was the only thing my brain could think of.

Don't judge me, the cat let me have 3 or 4 hours sleep last night. I can't be certain i'm actually awake :happy:

6. Mr_Mistoffelees

We are familiar with that problem. Sylvester jumps on the bed randomly through the night.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 16 May 2020
  7. adidan

Ours looks very similar, well black and white :happy: , she just wouldn't stop this morning :duh:

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  8. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

I thought that film was well made and well written, but I really disliked the aesthetic. The dirty, grimy squalor of it. Everything is deliberately dressed and filmed to be repugnant, icky and nauseating, from the industrial accident, the freezer, Bale himself, etc. to the sets and locales and colour palette.

I understood why it was doing it, and it was very effective, but I didn't enjoy it. Even though it was a good film.

9. adidan

Perhaps 'enjoy' it is the wrong word?

Not sure, I know it wasn't enjoyable seeing Bale so malnourished - that can't have been a healthy role tp take.

But yeah, I was expecting nothing and got something so that pleased me.

10. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

21 Bridges 8/10 pretty decent film about nypds finest and 2 guys who try to steel drugs.

Angel has Fallen 6/10 its quite obvious this installment didn't have the same budget as the previous 2, still watchable and nick nolte is a awesome.

LennyRhys likes this.
  11. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

If you want to question Bale's sanity further, the film he starred in directly after The Machinist was Batman Begins, where he's ginormous. Neither are special effects, Bale is a looney that even Gary Oldman thinks gets a bit too commited to roles.

LennyRhys, Yaka and adidan like this.
  12. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

He was such a classic Batman as a result, though. No homo etc. but that scene in Begins where he's doing his morning pushups? Dayum.

He's a total unit in American Psycho too, but they play it for creeps. After 15 years I still can't decide if I like that film or not.

Unrelated. Has anyone here seen Three Billboards? Was thinking of getting it, but reviews swing hot and cold depending on who you ask.

13. adidan

Suicide Squad - The Avengers Didn't Shower/10

You know what, I actually enjoyed it. Gritty atmosphere, a bit of humour and a good soundtrack. A good film to half watch over a long lunch.

14. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Not a film, but I just watched s12 e8 of Its Aways Sunny in Philadelphia - "The Gang Tends Bar"

In the episode, the normally empty bar is fairly busy, things are going well and Dennis wants everyone to stop being dicks, stop messing around, stop trying to trick other people into doing stuff, just do your job, work, run the bar. The rest of the crew have other ideas, still bickering and squabbling, much to the continued annoyance and frustration of Dennis.

It reminded me of just about every place i've worked, it particularly reminded me of one feckless lazy layabout who made my life a nightmare in a previous job and it was almost difficult to watch. I found myself getting so frustrated and angry on Dennis's behalf. It was very odd. It's a good job I was lying down doing my physio or I might have had to lie down.

Why won't people just do their ****ing job!?

15. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw - Ryan Reynolds?/10

Not enough about cars, but plenty of action...

16. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

The Tick season two 8/10 finally got round to watching this really enjoyed it but miffed amazon will not be doing a season 3

17. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Banshee Seasons 1,2 & 3: 8/10

Binge-watched an entire season this weekend (10 episodes) and I'm now halfway through season 3, and it's amazing. The action is fantastically choreographed and unrelenting, the interweaving story arcs are gripping, and there's real depth to the main characters. I reckon it's gotten better with each season (increasing budget maybe?) and I'm looking forward to getting into the fourth and final season soon.

MadGinga and kim like this.
  18. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Watched Upgrade on Friday, fantastic film, highly recomend it, very gory though.
    Watched Spiderman Far From Home, as good as you expect :)
    On the Last few episodes of Mad Men, such a fantastic TV show!

19. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Eye see you. Hadn't seen it before (groan) but it was decent. Bit cheesy in places but yeah, overall a decent watch.

Blue Story. Been wanting to see this for ages. Good film.

20. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

Inhuman Resources 7/10 not the greatest series in the world but there somat oddly cool watching eric cantona headbutt people.

Scooby 7/10 pissed it wasn'tabout scooby and shaggys early years like the trailer made it out to be but a decent family fare with a sprinkle of wacky racers cahrectors

The Last Dance 9/10 im not a basketball fan but did follow the bulls in the early 90s and later when when NBA 24/7 aired. the eps shot back and forth from jordans last season in 98 to his earlier days.

Last edited: 28 May 2020