1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Not yet! Although the way this delivery is going, I suspect I will in short order.

perplekks45 likes this.
  2. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Freecyclers.

The number of car breadowns, sudden hospital visits and dead dogs for no shows - we must jinx everybody who wants free stuff.

Then the apologies and date rearranged followed by ghosting.

Anybody would think they're doing us a favour.

3. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Been home all of an hour and already want to burn the place to the ****ing ground. Holiday well and truly over.

4. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Firstly. I have been home for two weeks. There has been pish all on Youtube. Like, literally one thing a day. Then Rust Valley comes on this morning so I binge watched it all day (all of it, I love it) and then I log onto Youtube when I don't have any time and BOOM. A video bomb has gone off, now that I have no sodding time to watch any of it /piss whine complain.

Then, and far more serious (well, actually serious) is the Dell SFF I ordered. My mother phoned me in tears telling me she hurt her stomach getting it in the house, because Parcel Spunky just dumped it on the doorstep and facked off. I could not understand why she was so upset, and I have felt rotten all week. I get here and the packing actually weighed more than the computer and has literally half filled her recycling bin FFS. Really peeved about that, makes Amazon look like noobs FFS.

That is why I am here an evening early. Because I have that MDD G4 coming and it would kill her. In fact no, she wouldn't even be able to move it and it would have had to sit out until I arrived.

Couriers are annoying me lately. It's given them an excuse to just leave things and leave.

5. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Some twonk keeps trying to sign in to my Yahoo account without realising that it needs a 2FA code which goes to a different email address. A Yahoo account I didn't even realise I had until the password was breached a few weeks ago. I closed the account this morning but I'm still getting login attempt emails.

6. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Mum just sent me £1k for my birthday, knowing full well that I'll be away from my pc for the next week and a half so I can't order some new toys for it on prime delivery.

Miserable cow. :lol:

It's not really just for my birthday - we're having a family get-together for my birthday bash, and she's making sure everyone can enjoy themselves without worrying about a nasty credit card bill. She's awesome.

7. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

She sounds sooooo selfish :happy:

You could always be sick and just get yourself an Index or a lower end 3000 series in September :rock:

IanW and David like this.
  8. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Eczema breakout. Of all places it could be at, ITS ON MY FACE.

9. liratheal

I think I'm misunderstanding the point of an AIO.

My cheap as chips unit is in all kinds of pieces (IE: Pump, pump barbs, hose, radiator), and I'm contemplating adding a reservoir if I can shoehorn it all into the equally cheap as chips Evolv Shift I picked up. Which, of course, is way too small for the Xbox One motherboard - Unless it's mounted diagonally. Which means the Shift is going to need a crash diet.

The_Crapman likes this.
  10. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Itchybummyitis.

:grr:

11. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Arranged to see my parents so they could see their grandchild for a bit, every time I arrange to see them they’re going somewhere else I’d rather not be. It’s not like they don’t want to see us because they want us to go as well, but it’s at a siblings house who’s husband I find really hard to be around.

extremely obnoxious, face like a bulldog chewing a wasp and takes great pride in making out he’s better than everyone else. I’m all about celebrating others success but it’s smoke and mirrors, not long ago they were up to their eyeballs in debt not knowing if they could keep the house... day after day I’d see them listing more and more for sale to bridge the gap and then the next week “yeah after this job I’m considering looking at a mustang” mate... you were selling your microwave and tassimo last week to pay for food...sometimes I’m made to feel like I’m not worthy to use their doormat.

My opinion isn’t unique, it’s shared by most in my family but we all just tolerate it. I find it very tiresome...

goldstar0011 likes this.
  12. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Got a build log, mate?

13. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I wasn't expecting to see my breakfast pastry again this soon...

Pete J likes this.
  14. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Well I'm sweating, out of breathe, feeling really dizzy and I threw up at 7am. So it's either something I ate yesterday, a panic attack brought on by the stand up row I had with my mum yesterday or it's you know what. Joy to the world.

15. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

My office chair. Bought it 'refurbished' from 2ndhnd and it was a ****ing rip off.

Gas lift has always made a grinding noise, seat cushion is so bad that the plastic structures underneath are digging into my arse/legs, and the tilt lock doesn't always lock properly and either wants to yeet me into my monitor or for me to go arse over tit backwards (depending on how I set the tilt tension). Good back support but that is literally all it has going for it.

Won't be buying from there again. I can't justify something like a Herman Miller (and I will never buy 'refurbished'/second hand again) so I'm going to have to go back to buying cheap chairs and replacing them every year or two.

16. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

I went along with a friend to Makro (for his card) and bought a chair for ~£110 at least a decade ago and it's still going strong (and comfortable to boot). Might be worth having a look?

17. liratheal

I'm not one for build logs, I tend to flit between various dumb ideas and haven't ever finished a personal project in what might be considered "reasonable" time.

Example: I have designs on a second, more complex, lightsaber build. And have had for somewhere in the region of eighteen months. But in the meantime I've been distracted by watercooling my main PC, building a desk, inserting some unnecessary lights into said desk, building a Metal Gear Rex out of styrene (Which is currently two legs short of standing), painting a PS2, modding various Gameboys.. And the list goes on.

My timeline for the watercooled Xbox in an almost comedically too small case is.. Unknown. But since it means butchering the in-use Xbox One, I suspect somewhere around the time I pick up a Series X is when it's actually going to threaten completion.

18. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Going to have to think about it TBH... My bike's got an annual service and its first MOT coming up soon, the other half's car needs MOT & service soon, and my bike's PCP plan finishes in Jan so I'll have to start putting money together for a deposit on a new bike...

Pete J likes this.
  19. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Month or two ago, I chipped a tooth on a piece of shell that had made its way into a protein bar. No biggie, fished out the bit that got stuck between my teeth and the sharp bit wore down over time.

Did the same again yesterday, different tooth - and it left a jagged spike *right* up against my tongue.

Didn't fancy trying to get an appointment at the dentist in These Unprecedented Times, so filed it down with the nail file on my Leatherman PS. Worked a treat - just need to make sure I keep it clean and give it an occasional slug of fluoride toothpaste so it's got a chance of hardening where I've taken the enamel off.

Pete J likes this.
  20. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Gareth, you're a true man! :grin:

Gareth Halfacree likes this.