1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi So, what are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kronos, 29 Apr 2014.

1. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Especially if like me, you heroically keep running back and forth to drop turrets in front of doors before opening them.

The environment will make you want to have a good look around as well. Three weekends easy.

ModSquid and SuperHans123 like this.
  2. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I finished Atomic Heart yesterday, the main character is loathsome, but the game is good, and the soundtrack is great.

Just had a poke around in Star Citizen as they're showing off some of the bigger ships as an event.

Started replaying Wolfenstein New Order, its one of my favourite games! The gun play is so good!

Been playing Cold Waters, its so medatitive for me. Its a lot of fun but I wish it had more depth!

3. Spanky

Spanky Multimodder

After a lot of whinging and buying The Last Of US on PC ... Im currently playing it on the PS4pro i bought a month or so ago .... And tbh im loving the PS4 .

keef247 likes this.
  4. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Cheers guys - Prey it is then! Is it safe to play when the kids are around or do I have to censor the room?

In the meantime, fired up Wipeout Omega Collection last night with the eldest for some breaks-driven strobo-action on a PS4 that's been lent to us. Man, this game has come along massively since my days smashing it on the PS1 (also borrowed at the time). Used to spend hours in a dark room looking to shave seconds off lap times. Ended up cheating just to see what the Piranha was actually like (answer: very odd). The new way of reclaiming ship energy is much better, so I can see the campaign getting visited often with this one.

Hex and SuperHans123 like this.
  5. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

There's nothing lewd, and I can't remember any swearing. Most of the time you're beating/shooting up monsters that are clearly not identifiable as human.

I don't have kiddywinks, but I wouldn't be afraid of playing this with them (though my child psychologist sister-in-law would probably moan). Certainly far worse games. For example, I wouldn't play Deadspace with kids in the room.

ModSquid and SuperHans123 like this.
  6. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Nice one Mr J - the bit-opinion rules :thumb:.

We kind of set the bar a bit high for the older one by letting Gears through on the basis it's great multiplayer 360 fun and we're tentatively working through Last of Us, but I'm aware some scenes might need skipping, so I'm looking those up. I'd rather the littler one didn't hear too many swears (playground, anyone?) but they fkg know not to fkg well repeat them and I draw the line for both of them at any rudies. Sounds like I might be okay to get some Prey in in that case and it shouldn't be too bad if they're passing.

I shall start allocating some hours :rock:

Hex and Pete J like this.
  7. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

8. keef247

keef247 Modder

Just smashed out Halo Reach on the Master Chief Collection. Doing 1-4 now :naughty:

9. veato

veato I should be working

Just recently finished Inscryption. That was not what I was expecting. Now on Zelda. Two very different games, both equally amazing.

Hex likes this.
  10. borucrew

borucrew What's a Dremel?

I am casually playing Dead Cells and Hades while waiting for Diablo 4 to be released. I am hoping this will be my game for the next 1y+

11. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Duolingo.

And just had a quick streaming blast/slash on Shadow Warrior 3, which was rather amusing. Wouldn't necessarily buy it outright but it's a good distraction on GP. Bit like Doom Eternal Done Betterer. Also have sacked off Hollow Knight for the time being because it fkd me out of 300 quid/tokens/in-game whatevers (NB: NOT real money) when I last died and then couldn't retrieve my soul, so I've got the right 'ump with it and decided it needs to go to its room for a while. Takes too long to recover progress and I don't have that luxury (so stop typing on forums and get back to productivity!).

Going to try and install new rad fans and hard drive game spaces in a bit (unless I get bored and go for dinner and a film), but am hoping the bit-Bowl league resurrects itself - any takers for some weeknight sports violence? More the merrier.

Hex likes this.
  12. keef247

keef247 Modder

About 18 hours balls deep into replaying Gran Turismo 3 for the first time since it came out, upscaled with pretty filters via PCSX2, I don't mind the new Rismo's but the nostalgia of 1-3 is unbeatable, 4 was decent too, but it was definitely at that point where it started getting a bit busy/much.

13. Spanky

Spanky Multimodder

Get some Automobilista 2 in your life !!

keef247 likes this.
  14. Spanky

Spanky Multimodder

A man of your means must have a wheel to come jump on a server mate? For whatever reason the public servers are pretty damn quiet.

15. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

GT3 was/is the balls. Fond memories of starting off with the MX5. Remember to port polish between races.

I remember my brother managing to win the racing version of the Zonda by completing some ludicrous endurance event. He used the tactic of bouncing off the sides so he didn't have to go in for a tyre change.

keef247 likes this.
  16. keef247

keef247 Modder

Haha mate I own too many sets of actual wheels to afford a steering wheel/pedals/shifter for a games console/pc :hehe: remember it's taken me what 15 years to finally build my third ever custom pc thanks to messing around with cars and sluts :naughty:
    It is on my list thought mate, your gtx 660 is doing me proud whilst I save for the mighty 7900XT.

:naughty: it is THE best one for sure! The rally stages were amazing too, gt2 was awesome as well. but 3 has the simplicity of 1 but with the vastness of 2 but in a compact quick to jump in layout.

THE only thing that sucks is they took away buying 2nd hand cars that changed daily/lottery style luck of finding cool/bargains.

Don't forget changing the oil and washing the car :hehe:

17. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Bought Chernobylite from CDkeys for £4 something. Holy crap, it looks incredible. I quite like how the story is going too, but then it got very hot in here and it's too hot for that right now. Can't wait to get home and get stuck in.

18. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Started playing Breath of the Wild again. Such a fun game, despite its “Nintendo quirks” (mostly the overly long animations, and the stupid “put stuff in your hands before you can cook it” mechanic). Swapping A/B and X/Y buttons is melting my brain though.

I’m currently wandering around trying to unlock all the towers, haven’t even gone for the first divine beast yet. A while back I made up some “fake amiibos” using NFC stickers (pretty much all Zelda characters), so I’ve got plenty of food and resources. Takes away some of the grind, and I don’t really consider it cheating, since I’ve already beaten the game once without amiibo assistance :grin:. Besides, we do own a couple of actual amiibo anyway.

19. veato

veato I should be working

I thought it looked interesting but then reviews were very mixed. For £4 though I might take a punt.

20. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

It's superb. The intro section is absolutely amazing, mind blowing even. I was beginning to think it was extremely linear, then I went on my first mission to Pripyat. It's far from that.

I really thought it was going to be like, janky. But so far? it has already surpassed Stalker for me. It's even funny. Like, really really funny. I'm about 2 hours in now. Does take a while to get going, but yeah the missions are superb.