Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Sounds like a potential job for one of those old-skool timer plugs to me!

2. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Aye, that's always an option too - though some of these things respond to cut power by coming back in standby mode, which is annoying.

3. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

A job for a Switchbot, maybe?
    [​IMG]

4. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Aye, could work - though so does shouting up the stairs "turn the dehumidifier on" of a morning!

5. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

I'm flattered you're thinking about it, but just so you know you will have to at least buy me dinner before I'm prepared to send you any cheeky pics :winking:

This is such an excellent yet dumb solution and I love it - now got me thinking of creative uses for it.

DeanSUNIAIU likes this.
  6. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

There is a type of bathroom in the area I'm in, from back in the early 20th century, known as a "Frankfurter Bad". This translates to Frankfurt bathroom, basically. And it describes a small (heated) bathroom, accessible from the kitchen, often with a curtain instead of a door.

This was easier to install later than a separate bathroom anywhere else in the flat. And it was miles better than having to go to the loo in the stairwell or even outside. Which was what most houses with multiple flats had back then.

In a more modern twist, one of my best friends at school lived in a flat with a shower in her kitchen. A quirky offshoot of the concept.

The_Crapman likes this.
  7. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Interesting. My friend used to have a house where the bathroom was an extension onto the kitchen but with a bizarre pointless hallway in-between. Seems it was a planning quirk (now rescinded) that you weren't allowed to have a bathroom directly attached to a kitchen.

8. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I think that was a stipulation for rental properties only. We looked at a house where there was an upstairs bathroom you had to go through a bedroom to get to, so basically onsuite, then a toilet in the utility room downstairs through the kitchen, with the toilet facing up in direct line of sight with the front door. This utility room had no door, or curtain. It was odd.

9. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

At least you could keep an eye on the door in anticipation of the next water block being delivered. Brings a whole new meaning to 'Yeah, just leave the package there, thanks'.

The_Crapman and perplekks45 like this.
  10. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

It got pushed live! :hehe::hehe::lol:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/revi..._mwn_dprv_2C7EJHCTRY06CA8AFS2X&language=en-GB

11. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Can't you set up a smart plug with Alexa/Google to do it? Or do you not use them?

12. Gareth Halfacree

I do, and I could - if it weren't for this:
    Dunno whether it'll work with the new one or not - won't find out until it arrives and I try cutting the power!

Also, you're technically not supposed to cut the power like that: the fan continues to run for about a minute after you switch it "off" in order to cool the zeolite.

13. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Oh of course, sorry you have said that before

14. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

The time-honoured tradition of parents yelling up or down the stairs to get their kids/spouse to do something…

The ancient ritual persists.

IanW and SuperHans123 like this.
  15. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

It also worked for TV remote control, when I were a lad.

Fingers66 likes this.
  16. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Sprogs, the original voice-activated, remote controls. I should know, I used to be one.

17. Gareth Halfacree

And it's going back: the louvre on the top gets stuck as it opens, and in swing-mode it fully closes instead of staying partially open - blocking the fan outlet and overloading the motor. From one fire hazard to another!

Bleedin' Amazon Marketplace seller, too, so I've got to pay postage out-of-pocket and hope they refund me...

EDIT:
    [​IMG]

Ideally I wouldn't have bought a new dehumidifier from the same brand that already failed me once, but there's not a great selection out there for dessicant types. So, Meaco's back in the game with the DD8L Junior. Should be here tomorrow.

Last edited: 8 Feb 2024
  18. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Late to the party, I wish I had known as mine is going to be for sale at the weekend, used it for 3 days and it didn't do the job it was bought for, although that's the fault of the weather not the dehumidifier.

Something new to try;

[​IMG]

IanW, Almightyrastus and stephen0205 like this.
  19. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

If Bandai wont bother making a good 1/100 MG, then China will and holy ****ing **** did they knock it out of the park

the engineering is on a whole new level, Ive never seen anything this insane outside of a PG, its like they took everything bandai showed off with the PGU 78-2 and went "hold my beer" they motorised the bazooka for godsake!

cant wait to start working on this!
    [​IMG]

Pete J, IanW and Almightyrastus like this.
  20. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

Alienware 32 4K QD-OLED Gaming Monitor - AW3225QF
    Just placed a order for this monitor, should be a nice upgrade from my acer Predator X34P.

perplekks45 and IanW like this.