Hardware CM Storm Sentinel Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 29 Nov 2009.

1. Sifter3000

Sifter3000 I used to be somebody

2. barndoor101

barndoor101 Bring back the demote thread!

i think someone needs to go out and see some real women ;)

3. iggy

iggy Minimodder

did you not actually test this mouse, or have you just forgotten to add the 2nd page where you tell us how it fares against other mice?

4. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

For the same reason that a screen on your keyboard, this is largely useless and just increases the overall cost. No thanks, not when you can get much better mice from MS, Logitech and Razer for about the same price.

5. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I saw it. I tested it

It is surprisingly sturdy, good looking (besides the LEDs, which you can disable) and comfortable. It really is a great mouse for the price. I'll have to wait for a while to know if it's reliable, but I doubt it can be any worse than logitech and razer ...

6. SchizoFrog

Excuse me? Since when did Logitech have a bad rep for making mice? Not a fan of the plastics used for Razer mice but still...

7. knuck

knuck Hate your face

since the 5 Logitech i owned died prematurely

you seem insulted by me criticizing Logitech, what's up?

8. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

[​IMG]

G7 1# - K.I.A : 3 Month
    G7 2# - K.I.A : 4 Month
    G7 3# - K.I.A : 7 Month

I finished my plea

9. knuck

knuck Hate your face

ZING

10. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

A friend of mine has this mouse and has only good things to say about it. He's owned possibly every 'big' gaming mouse on the planet and this is his weapon of choice.

If I wasn't biased towards optical mice, I'd probably use this on the strength of his word alone.

11. stonedsurd

Is that an Ikari replacing the G7s? Good choice :thumb:

12. knuck

knuck Hate your face

Hell no I forbid him to buy the same mouse than me. The one on the right is the CM Storm Sentinel :)

13. stonedsurd

Hmm. Similar shape from that angle.

14. TheBlackSwordsMan

I was looking hopelessly for a mouse, I didn't trust logitech anymore and I found (I dont know how) the CM Storm . Badly It was backorder at Ncix, Direct Canada, Newegg but by the grace of God This weird Yellow Duck (slightly higher) /\ Found it for me in a Little PC Part Store.

Overall, it is a good mouse. Only 1 Cons, the Middle wheel is hard but thats it. Great acuracity, ergonomic, Multi-Profile, 56k of memory And you can Download your Clan Tag on the screen ^^

15. John_T

John_T Minimodder

I'm surprised people have been having trouble with Logitech mice - not doubting you, just surprised.

I've been using my trusty MX1000 for well over four years now and it's still as good as the first day I bought it. Being cordless it may not suit the avid FPS people among you, but I'm exceptionally happy with it.

It's the first, (and only) 'top quality' mouse I've ever bought, and after my experience with it I probably wouldn't buy from anyone else now. Not that I'm planning on replacing it any time soon anyway...

16. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

I'm a bit surprised too - I've had four so far, including a Dell-supplied one from 2001 that I binned yesterday (still worked, but I'd eroded the plastic on the buttons to paper-thin-ness). Never had one break, though my three-day-old MX Revolution is the first complex one. We'll see how it lasts...

17. SchizoFrog

Opinions are based on personal experience, so you are entitled to your opinion. But your comment seems to imply that Logitech and Razer are two of the worst companies that make mice based on a single incident and that just isn't true. Both companies have built up a loyal following based on the experiences that each one of those people have had and the evidence would suggest that they have a history of making very good mice.
    Every make and model of anything you ever buy will have a fault tolorence whether you are the unlucky one to experience it or not. In my opinion how a company treats its customers through its after sales is just as important as making good products.

Don't get me wrong, Logitech or Razer do not make perfect products or we would all have the same things. I do not like the plastics Razer uses and the way the buttons feel, I just think it feels cheap. I also did not buy a G5 because no matter how good I thought it was, the finger ridge down the right side rubbed against my fourth finger and over time would drive me crazy.

I would also personally go to a shop and hand test each mouse I was thinking of buying just to make sure I liked what I was looking at, then I would purchase it online (for the price of course!). But the first impression of this mouse is that it just isn't for me. I don't like the way it looks and for the price, it just seems to have almost too much going on... it makes me ask 'Ok, so where did they cut corners to fit all that in for that price?'

I hope that explains fully about my previous comments. :p

18. TheBlackSwordsMan

So you say 'more expensive equals better' ? Well, now go tell that to the Russian about the Ak-47 :dremel: The important point is the specification given to the constructor by the Conceptor. The Company cost is optional, we talk about mice, now Figure that you're a small company who wants to make his path into the industry. What do you do ? You sell a product Unknown at the same price as your competitors OR you make your way with a competitive product at a competitive price.

I have this mouse since 2 month, and I exploded all my Audiosurf Score (And self-proclamate rival too ^^) ok OK the mouse is not all, you need the talent too :hip:

19. knuck

knuck Hate your face

It is not a single incident at all. I don't have to justify myself with examples but you must know that my opinion is not biased. I've witnessed the death of too many Logitech and Razer mice not to doubt the reliability of their products

True and I could never test Logitech's because back then I had no proof of purchase. I've heard good things about their support however

Yes.Yes it does !

I also had that "there has to be a catch" feeling but so far the mouse seems to be doing quite well. I guess it is possible for a mouse to be this cheap and this good... maybe they're just selling it at a reasonable price (vs how much it costs them to build it) instead of what we usually got to pay [that includes the ridiculous price of my Ikari]

20. SchizoFrog

Actually, yes I do. If you spend more actually making the product, generally you will have a better product. Of course there will be exceptions to any rule, but it is a proven general rule of thumb.
    Weapons contracts are not dealt with in the same manner. However, I am sure there are cheaper automatic rifles out there that are not used because they are not good enough.

Tags: Add Tags