1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Microsoft announces overhaul of Windows Mobile

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 16 Feb 2010.

1. crazyceo

crazyceo What's a Dremel?

I can't see WinMo7 being restricted to just Orange in the UK. A lot have commented on the new lease of life the iPhone has now it's available on Vodafone especially with 3.5G that actually works properly now. I wouldn't know personally since I'm using a HTC Touch Diamond with WinMo6 which I'm happy with and will do for now until this version comes out.

2. War-Rasta

War-Rasta What's a Dremel?

I've just recently come to the world of smartphones when I bought myself an HTC Fuze. I don't have much experience with any of the other smartphones out there since I've never owned one but for I've been able to try for myself on other people's phones I can say that the UI on the Android is definitely the best of all; very customizable and easy to use. On my Fuze I liked the HTC Sense but I got SPB Mobile Shell for it and it's probably the best thing I could do.

I don't know if the new UI for the Series 7 will be better than the one on the Android or iPhone but will surely be better than the current stock UI for WinMo 6.5. The one thing I'm really concerned about is how hard the OS will be on the battery since that's the main problem I have with my Fuze. I had to buy a spare battery which I carry around all the time and also have an extra charger at work just so I can be sure that my phone won't die half way through the day and for what I hear it's pretty much the same on every WinMo phone out there so I REALLY hope the yimprove on that part or I will have to move to something else for may next phone.

3. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

Edit: nevermind, I see Solidus addresses the workarounds with the ring tone issue.

However, I've not had the buggy experience he's had. Maybe there's something wrong with your particular phone.

4. ernestBurney

ernestBurney Who What Where?

I just hope they do something original with this release...a mobile phone is not a pc

5. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

Am I the only person that likes the current incarnation of WinMo?
    I like being able to turn my phone on and see the time, new emails, texts and other useful things. I used HTC's Touch Flo 3D on my Diamond for a bit, but have reverted back to the stock home screen because, whilst it is less pretty, it is far more functional.

I have yet to try 6.5, and am pleased that they are progressing but I hope they don't move to spread things out too much - an overview on one screen, and a screen that isn't a list of programs - is useful.

6. Shagbag

Shagbag All glory to the Hypnotoad!

With dwindling market share, it'll be interesting to see whether people will even bother with this or just go for the nextgen iPhone or GPhone.

7. gavomatic57

gavomatic57 Minimodder

My thoughts exactly. I've got an iphone now (I resisted for a few years...), but if I didn't I'd have gone with an android based phone. I'm having trouble taking anything MS do seriously at the moment - It all seems so reactive and desperate.

8. Xir

Xir Modder

Hmmm, that reminds me of...1999?
    I haven't got a smartphone, instead a simple I-can-phone-and-text-and-thats-it Nokia bar, but it'll last two weeks on one charge :D

9. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

this looks nice.

although puma phone seems more interesting with its solar battery... (pumaphone.com)

not sure what to get next year....

Tags: Add Tags