1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. October

October Mariachi Style

I agree with Parge on this one, I've never had a loadout reset, never had to do anything with Punkbuster and come on, how often do you change your settings? I think I had a quick nosy round them the first time I ran the game and apart from rebinding one of my mouse buttons a few weeks ago I've never felt the need to go back.

It's different to other games yes but it works. Apart from the last week or so... :worried:

2. Stanley Tweedle

Stanley Tweedle NO VR NO PLAY

I actually thought Browser based Battlelog was the worst thing ever at first. The more I used it the more I got how good it was. Having these stats locked into a game interface is actually a bad idea. I don't want to have to "run" BF3 just to look at stats or search for servers. DICE really got it right with browser Battlelog. I just hope Battlefield the game never becomes browser based though. That will be one step too far.

I've never had any lost data or settings with BF3. When my PC has crashed a number of times Origin always detects the difference between stored offline and the server data. It asks which you want to use. I never had an issue regardless whether I chose to use the offline data or online. I hope Battlelog remains browser based.

3. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

I've had a few layout resets, but it's hardly something that would completely change my acceptance of BL. Oh no, I just lost 15 seconds in having to change my layouts again, oh well.

I like BL for what it is, though it does bring out the stat-hoor I me a little. I only have 4 more sniper rifles to get to SS5 so that all the primary weapons are at master tag-level.

4. October

October Mariachi Style

Just started it again, why is the game manager now on the right?? Streamlining the interface be damned, its been almost two years!

5. Chris_Waddle

Chris_Waddle Loving my new digital pinball machine

On the Battlelog front, on the whole I'm for it.

I like being able to login at work during lunch and check out stats. It's also good to be able to change my loadouts. When playing I do sometimes try and go for the assignments, so it's very handy to be able to setup weapons I need, without having to try and remember when playing.

I've had a couple of loadout re-sets in the past, but not for a long time and nothing that was particually annoying.

I'd be even happier with Battlelog if I could change my game settings in it. It's damn annoying having to loadup into the game to change a mouse setting for example. I always seem to remember that I want to do something when I am not playing and then forget when I am playing.

The only thing I don't like is that when I am in Battlelog and just browsing, I can't set myself as invisible or away. I get sick of having to tell friends I can't play because I am at work or just browsing.

6. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

As for Load Out Resets I have noticed this is not a Battlelog issue more than it happens when you go from one expansion map to another. I had it with Gun Master and CQ, and I have also had to with End Game.

The inconvenience is that if you think you have things setup to just play rather than switch weapons etc then you get confused when things are different. Or annoyed you dont have Reactive on when you thought you did.

7. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

I'll add my 350 hours experience on top here. I also like battlelog. The depth of stats and general browsing that can be done are extensive and I've never had a problem with it tbh!

8. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Fair enough, you lot are far more reasonable than me.

9. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

It is missing a more indepth look at stats, but that is what bf3stats is for. And there is an plugin to add that extra information.

I like being able to login on my phone just to check something etc.

10. Wira

Wira Spoderman

I never really got into this game when it was released, but I feel like it's improved massively with the patches.

Do you guys have some specific servers you would recommend or anything like that?

also, do I need to get the DLC?

11. Stanley Tweedle

I have a few friends who are real tightwads with DLC. They have the game and 1 x expansion. Won't buy any more even when on sale at half price.

DLC for BF3 really expands the game a lot. Some really great maps across the various expansions.

Armoured kill has the biggest map ever created for BF and it's always a lot of fun to play on (Alborz Mountain). The other armoured kills maps also nice.

Aftermath also has some really nice maps. Flying chopper between burned out skyscrapers is fun. Crossbow unlock is great especially when you unlock the explosive arrows. Very good at taking out tanks close range.

The close quarters is also fun. No vehicles, just frantic foot fun.

The final expansion (End Game) is a thing of great beauty. It's the largest of the expansions in terms of detail and file size. The scenery is spectacular and the maps are really nice to play on.

Had I known it would be cheaper I woulda bought the premium but I've spent £67 approx to get all the non premium expansions. Still worth it in my view.

12. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

know the cheapest place to get the premium pack on PS3 from?

13. Wira

Wira Spoderman

so can I get all the expansions at once by buying premium or something along those lines?

14. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Yes Premium allows you to get all the DLC all at once. It also allowed PS3 players to play for one week before the rest of us and PC got the DLC two weeks before 360.

15. Stanley Tweedle

I think your choices are buy separate or buy all in premium. Sometimes Origin/EA have a 50% sale so you can buy premium about £20.

May be worth checking eBay. I bought a key for crysis 3 from a seller with great feedback. I paid £13.99 and it turned out to be Hunter edition.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Battlefie...ideo_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item1e7ad67359

16. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Isn't Premium currently on sale on US Amazon?

17. Wira

Wira Spoderman

Don't think anything beats that 18£ Ebay code, probably going to go for that.

18. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

First time i have ever first time spawned into a game and found myself on the receiving end of a knife attack, my tags were gone before i could move

Depressing :waah:

19. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

Interesting

I took part, and it reminds me of TTs observations.

20. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Got my sexy tank destroyer 100 service star dog tag today w00t , feel free to join my servers to come take them, and be in for some awesome rage sauce :D

[​IMG]