1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Black Narcissus: 2006 FIN:

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by modsquad, 28 Jun 2004.

1. TheDon

TheDon What's a Dremel?

Still looking good. Are you going to be going all out this weekend and the next couple of weeks so that you can have yourself a Merry Christmas with your new machine.

2. Mosha

Mosha What's a Dremel?

Superglue an acrylic piece of black on there :idea:

3. modsquad

modsquad Grease Monkey Undergraduate..

That is not necessary. The LED is powered by a molex plug. You just don't plug it in. I will be removing the LED and it's wiring. I don't want the thing hanging off the block. I will need to remove the h20 blocks top plate to do so, or I could just cut the wire.

4. modsquad

No, there is no way that can happen...

5. Fyberwire

Fyberwire What's a Dremel?

Very, Very nice work as always.

Now, based on the amount of time I gather you will be spending on this, and the amount of money you have spent already...would you consider buying another 6800 and an SLI board? And another waterblock...and adjusting your design to accomidate?

I'm just curious because I'd hate to see you finish it, then want to take a double-take and redo it when something new comes out.

EDIT: Ouch, it looks like you'd have to sell your 6800 as is if you wanted to go with my plan.

6. Gnemelf

Gnemelf Minimodder

looking simply amazing :clap:

7. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Luckily for him, changing the motherboard and adding a block into a watercooling loop isn't quite as much of an intricate process as it is for g-Gnome :thumb:

8. Fibbles

Fibbles What's a Dremel?

Just give your bank a call and tell them what to do with the bank details obtained from AC.

I've done that a few times, mostly to Hong Kong and it's reliable and fast. Some banks might charge a fee for doing it though.

9. modsquad

No bleeding edge for me, cutting edge will have to do. I can always up-grade in 6-8 months when the dust settles.
    http://www.bit-tech.net/column/36/

I will get the Aqua-Computer AquagraFX6800 installed tonight and upload the pictures asap.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 15 Sep 2008
  10. unrealhippie

unrealhippie What's a Dremel?

looks good!

11. modsquad

Nvidia FX6800 Ultra & Aqua-Computer H20 Block

This worked out well for me. I was able to sell (at a small profit) my Innovatek NV40 h20 block and it's attached eVGA FX6800 Ultra. I did spend a few hours polishing the Innovatek block, so perhaps it was more like break even. Well, I was able to get the Nvidia card I wanted from the start. The BFG 6800 Ultra OC.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The BFG FX6800 Ultra's core clock speed is 425mhz (vs 400mhz reference) from the factory and they also include a lifetime warranty. Which is now void.Need to remove the the stock fan and heatsinks,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and install the Aqua-Computer AquagraFX6800 H20 block. I ran into a small problem installing the AC block. Mounting one of these blocks includes (4) metal nuts/bolts/plastic washers around the GPU itself, then (8) plastic bolts threaded into the AC block. The (4) metal bolts I received where just plain "too short". What I think happened is when AC did the REV2 on this block (adding a spring-loaded core) they did not think to add longer bolts. I tried using the stock bolts, it would require compressing the cooler's core and then starting at least (2) cross-corner nuts/bolts. All but impossible (unless you have three hands). As luck would have it, I had a few longer bolts of the same size in my collection...So no problem. BUT shame on Aqua-Computer!!
    [​IMG]
    Arctic Silver5 on the core and the RAM chips and the stock frag-tape on the voltage transformers (I also removed AC's LED wiring from the h20 block) and it's time to bolt the two together.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I know this is a very new product, but the lack of any instructions and bolts that are too short. The h20 block itself is great, but I expected better from Aqua-Computer.......

Last edited: 15 Sep 2008
  12. [ShoNuff]

[ShoNuff] Minimodder

Lookin' good...

I noticed you reversed the AC logo on the GPU/Ram block. Is it as easy as I think it is? In other words, it looks as though all you have to do is remove the outer (top) 12 screws and flip the screen over?

Secondly, I am surprised that no one else has reported a problem with the length of the screws when mounting the block. I would hate for this to be a problem when I install mine. I just finished leak testing it this morning. I am redoing my set up b/c I am going to the dark side with an FX-55 and Neo2 Platinum NF3 chipset.

13. shplade

shplade What's a Dremel?

That block looks saweet!

I've been watching this project for ages, and i joined the forum because of it :)

You've inspired me to finally get to work on my PC60, which is coming along nicely.

Anyway back on topic, that block really suites the colour scheme of your case, can you take it apart and change the colour of the LED?

It's probably a little late for that though, since you cut out the wires.

Too bad about the bolts, at least you got it on the card :)

Mod on bro :dremel:

14. modsquad

It's EZer than that. There is a very small set-screw on the bottom (back-side) of the AC block, it comes right out! Unless AC sent me the wrong bolts, expect the same problem. Sho, I was going to PM you.. Cut a green UV panel to replace the stock AC clear plexi and it will match your mean_green theme (with the LED option). You are not going to the dark side...YOU ARE SEEING THE LIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Update your project log....I am looking for ideas.....

15. modsquad

I started this project log for feed-back like this...Start a project log..Need a name (I am good @ this ). Send me a PM.

16. PHILIP1193

PHILIP1193 a Self Confessed HP Server Lover!!

*edit so im not thread jacking* :duh:

Phil

Last edited: 12 Dec 2004
  17. Sverdfisk

Sverdfisk What's a Dremel?

looks very good, but hijacking like that aint good IMHO :sigh:

18. slater

slater Mummy Says Im Special

Yeh dude remove your tags. Its not fair to post your pics in someone elses log.

Nice work ms :cooldude:

slater..

19. Jock

Jock Banned

Yeah, Phil.... Why not start a new Project log showing your mods :dremel:

20. PHILIP1193

PHILIP1193 a Self Confessed HP Server Lover!!

i didn't mean to thread jack! sorry mate :wallbash: :rolleyes:

Phil