1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

project: Chemical Overdose 17-08: In stores now ;)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by _ferry_, 6 May 2004.

1. Protius-X

Protius-X What's a Dremel?

Damn! I love this mod, I love this mod, I love this mod! Very well done so far! :rock:

2. _ferry_

_ferry_ What's a Dremel?

As i said before i went on a holyday to danmark, with my PC. I've painted some condensators and the cable's. At home i added an nice high voltage logo to the side, and made the front of the WC case almost completed (I'm thinking about adding a small plexiglas window or perforated metal beyond it)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    These are the painted cables and capicators. Yust by adding some brown paint it becomes realy dirty and dusty

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    A test fit with the plexiglas angle's and some old tube. The thinks in thge front are normally used for electrical junction boxes As you might see the metal sheet in front of it is a little bit to big on the top, i will cut it down offcourse.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    A very nice tube-clamp. Without the rust, because i ran almost out of paint (used 1 bottle with the grey layer, and 1,5bottle with oxidant)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Today i made a small foto studio :hehe: with 4 300watt par56 spots (used for my disco) and a 4ch. dimmer on it.

[​IMG]
    The high voltage sign, Don't ask where i "bought" it :hehe: It has already some dirt on it, and i also added some grey rust paint on it, the oxidant will follow up 1 of these days

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    3 pictures of the inside, as you can see i added also brown paint on the PCI, CPU and ram -slots and on the cpu cooler.

I hope you like the pics. And the casemod offcourse.

edit:
    Ai, i forgot to make pics of the finished power cables. I will add them later

3. KAMIKAZE-FREAK

KAMIKAZE-FREAK What's a Dremel?

darn that looks kinda very neato

4. nicke

nicke What's a Dremel?

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! :rock: :rock: :rock: :eeek: :eeek: :eeek: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :clap: :clap: :clap: :hip: :hip: :hip: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    .::Smiles Totally Overloaded::.

5. RR5

RR5 What's a Dremel?

This totally reminds me of half life, it looks like you took it right out of the game. Before you call your mod finished, play some half life and check out the game environment.. I'm sure it would give you more ideas.

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

6. _ferry_

_ferry_ What's a Dremel?

I've never played half life, only some MOH and the unreal games. I'm not realy a gamer ;) But my idea is more a old industrial style, not the hl2 piloux style. But i will take a look :)

edit:
    \o/ 100 postings \o/ :rock:

7. wahoomcdaniel

wahoomcdaniel Minimodder

Great work.
    I have a suggestion - try finding galvanized fittings for the water reservoir fittings instead of using white plastic. IMO the white plastic doesn't fit with the rest of the design. You should be able to find them in an electrical supply store.

8. _ferry_

_ferry_ What's a Dremel?

forgot to tell, but offcourse the plastic ones will get some rust paint too. I agree that the plastic color is awfull.

9. D B

D B What's a Dremel?

It isn't enough that you do an outstanding PC Mod ... but then you mod your workspace into a Photo Studio Too :eeek:
    This is going to be absolutely amazing when done !
    DB

10. ¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ?

¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ? What's a Dremel?

ha ha ha he stole the sign thats where he got it

11. _ferry_

_ferry_ What's a Dremel?

thank you :rock:
    I'm not the only one i tought :) G-gnome did it too:
    http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=61823
    (and it's not in my workspace but another room) :D

12. _ferry_

_ferry_ What's a Dremel?

update

I finished the WC case today :rock: Only a 3th fan and 2 fanguards are needed, but that isn't much work.

i already uploaded 190 pics for this project, totally its 12MB, here are 15 new ones:

[​IMG]
    Here i'm bulding the top of the case, made it on the same style like the normal case, with those blown holes in it.

[​IMG]
    The back of the case, with those withe ugly things. time to paint :dremel:

[​IMG]
    I used counter sunk spray, my dad use it to protect welded parts against rust, because its realy good paint. But offcourse only in sink-color, but thats good! because its gets an rusty dark color directly when adding the corrosion fluid. Together with the normal rust you wont see they are made from plastic.

[​IMG]
    With the grey rust paint added.

[​IMG]
    The case is not made for small lan party's as you can see :hip: I don't visit them often, so its not a real problem. And i should keep on modding so the next case could be a smaller one, and sell this one. ( i should stop dreaming, i love it, and almost sure i keep it.)

[​IMG]
    While making a PCI-plate witch guide the tubes to my videocard.

And some finial (except the fan's) shots of the WC case, on the top you see 2 small holes between the pop's. these ar for 2 bolts witch tighten the top. Thats the reason you can see a little space between the top and the case.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've started with the electrical part in the case with mounting 5 lightened switches:

[​IMG]
    While dremeling, he is actually moving, but the shutter time is too short. Note the rust on the top of the dremel, There was a storm, so some rain water leaked right on top of my dremel and some other tools and materials. But everything is still working :blush:

[​IMG]
    The result, nicely straight. The alu sheet in the case is the protection for my motherboard against the metal witch is coming off by the dremel work. I'm to lazy to remove the motherboard again and again and again while modding. The switches are used for:
    1: the 80mm fan on the top
    2: the 80mm fan on the right side
    (both fans are speed cotrolled with the 2 valve wheels)
    3: 2x CCFL's in the legs
    4: the 4 UV leds in the feets
    5: blue and UV CCFL in the case himself.

At the end of next week the system should be running for a lan party. That doesn't mean he should be complete finished. Like the tops on the rear legs i could als make afther the lan party. Because he will work without it anyway. But offcourse i will try to. The past 3 days i've been modding about 6 hours a day, almost a fulltime job :D

13. piloux

piloux What's a Dremel?

extremely nice modding mate :thumb:

14. KAMIKAZE-FREAK

KAMIKAZE-FREAK What's a Dremel?

wich lanparty are you going to?
    a weekend @ campzone?

15. drinn

drinn What's a Dremel?

Wow, amazing job from you :thumb:

16. _ferry_

_ferry_ What's a Dremel?

tnks :)

it will be a weekend on campzone yeah :D from friday till monday, maybe the case is on the casemod contest stand (if it's worth it for 2 full days) otherwise the case is staying next to me :)

17. -N4cR-Stigma2K

-N4cR-Stigma2K Banned

This case is sicker than Piloux's

18. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

What dremel bit was that you used to cut the holes for the switches? I think that's what I need to try and stealth my audigy front panel :D (already mangled it once, lucky I have 5 spare faceplates)

I love the look of it! Rusty stuff isn't usually my thing but you just did it so right. And it's amazing what that rusted/broken fan grill on that radiator fan does for the looks :)

/me loves it

19. D B

D B What's a Dremel?

That looks so good! I know you probably can't run the water rad. fans without grills but does that ever look "industrial" without them.
    DB

20. ¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ?

¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ? What's a Dremel?

mmmmmmm very *droul* very *droul* very *droul* nice case, i like the whole "torn metal" part for the top. looks very nice you did a good job, keep it up