1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL The weapons you would use at your last stand against a legion of zombies

Discussion in 'General' started by Sheiken, 6 Apr 2010.

1. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

You guys fight em. I will find em for you.

[​IMG]

john

2. Krog_Mod

Krog_Mod Minimodder

[​IMG]

fu manchu likes this.
  3. bigsharn

bigsharn Officially demotivated

Give me a BTR-80 for transportation and I'm good ^_^

(I say a BTR-80 because I've seen one for sale on Ebay :p)

4. Seraphim2150

Seraphim2150 Non-Modder

Portal gun - drop zombies on other zombies!

5. quietguy

quietguy D'orc

One of these might come in handy.
    [​IMG]

6. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

for about a minute or so, most likely run out of ammo, at which point i would shoot you in the knee and start running, they should chew on you for a bit giving me time to get away! lol!

Here is the big question

Can a terminator become a zombie?

[​IMG]

If so, were f**ked!

7. dragontail

dragontail 5bet Bluffer

8. blackadda15

blackadda15 What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]
    for transportation and
    [​IMG]
    for protection

9. Mr Mario

Mr Mario What's a Dremel?

This tank:
    [​IMG]
    (if only it were real)

10. abezors

abezors Lurking since '08

There's a millionaire living at the other end of my village. His house has a nuclear fallout bunker built underground (Cold War era, right next to an airfield).

Provided enough water and food was available, I'd go hole up in the bunker and not open the doors for a year or 2.

But in case of insanity, Suicide gun is the only defense:
    [​IMG]

11. Chombo

Chombo What's a Dremel?

I finally got around to uploading my weapons of choice.
    Smith and Wesson Military and Police 15 Tactical
    [​IMG]
    Para Ordnance P15
    [​IMG]

12. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Now, you say legion. I presume it's a legion all heading towards you and nobody else. They know where you are and you have building or something to hold up in.

Under those conditions, sound is not an issue, so higher calibres are fine and you don't need stealth.

Personally, I'd go with a Sako TRG 22 .300 Winchester with the 10rnd box magazine for the shots of 300m and further. Alternatively, an M110 would be nifty due to the semi-auto capabilities and it's range, but I would say the Sako would be easier to locate here in Ireland, or Europe really.

After than, change down to a Sako/Valmet RK-62. To hell with all your new-fangled gizmos. Give me my RK back, iron sights and anything up to 200m is history. Fantastic gun, reliable, accurate, pure awesome.

Stepping down again, I'll take my own Ruger 10/22 for the slightly closer shots. I've seen comments here regarding the "lack of damage" that a .22 would do to the brain. Simple: Hollow points. If you actually realize how fragile a skull is (a rotting one no less), a .22 will easily snap through and turn whatever is there to pulp. I've shot .22 subsonics through 6mm acrylic at 100m and it passes straight through and through the backboard I had there too (10mm MDF). The Ruger is reliable (I would prefer CCI ammo), accurate and semi-automatic. The ammo is lightweight, effective, readily available and has negligible recoil.

Swap down again, I'd have some 9mm pistol for short range, or even a Walther .22 would do the trick. Actually come to think of it, I would be well happy with a GSG-5.

Then down to melee, I'll take any of the large blades I have here and my Sissipuuko M95.

Always keep a single round for myself as well....

In terms of holding out in the apocalypse for the long run. Ruger 10/22 all the way. Silent, accurate, reliable, easy to use, etc... Everything you want in a small rifle.

13. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

lmao i have this same sword also a licence to keep it, Now their banned from the uk <3 would indeed use it as a last resort, A mini gun is just overkill!!!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]

14. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

I'd have to find a well defendable position first. If this was a last stand scenario... I'd have alot of kit with me.

Location: Nice big hill, building on top. No trees, No rocky outcrops, Nothing in the way of bloodshed. The property would be concrete preferably with one entrance/exit.

Arms:

Claymore lines every 30 metre's up the hill - While these are being hit, I can use a nice HK SL9 with a bigger magazine casing (few mods here...) to hit them down.

Once they are past the last line of claymores I can use a nice big, chunky AA12 in one hand, I'm fairly sure I could modify this into a handheld death machine and a nice wonderful flamethrower in the other, Lets make fire, Lets make death at this point. Ammo doesn't last forever, so onto the next bit.

The last stand, M60 until empty then my glorious pet-chainaxe... I'm going to be going down on day (Halo:reach style) so I'm taking them with me, dead man-switch... my heart stops, the entire place would go up in a ball of flame and high explosives >.<

:hip: Zombies have nothing on me!

15. Psycho

Psycho Average

16. phenoptix

phenoptix What's a Dremel?

17. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

Luckily for me less than a mile away from my house there is a Factory that produces saw blades, drill bits and the like (also right next to it is a factory that makes snack products, so lots of food.)

Its fairly well fortified as it is (gates, wall e.t.c) But it has a vault (that's big enough to hide in if the worst comes to the worst) and a walkway/flooring area about the ceiling that only has one retractable ladder up to it (which is hard to find even if you do know where it is)

I would gather a load of food and water, go to the newly opened gunshop, hope they have some sort of guns that are actually there, if not get knives e.t.c (I'm sure they sell them too)
    and then hold out in the factory. It also has roof access and cctv, so I could be reasonably secure, plus I live in a fairly small town that's a good distance from anywhere

18. Jimbob94

Jimbob94 What's a Dremel?

My nunchucku, Bo and Sai :D

Last edited: 8 Nov 2010
  19. mecblade

mecblade 14 year old Technophile

If they were on the other side of the planet, then a fleet of B-2 Spirit bombers with B-52 Stratofortresses loaded with tactical nukes will be sufficient.

If they were in the air, then a wave of a combined YF-23 Blackwidow, F-22 Raptor, T-50 PAKFA, J-XX and the Eurofighter Typhoon fleet should be enough with some close fire support provided by AH-64 Apaches and RAH-66 Comanches.

If they were on water, then some Astute Class sumbarines, Zumwalt class hulled Frigates and Destroyers, and finally the new ford class aircraft carrier.

If they were on land, then the M1A2 Abrams tank fitted with extra extra armour will wipe them out.

If they were near me, then the first weapon i would use are 3 miniguns (not sure what type), then a SCAR assualt rifle. Failing that, a MP5 and then a Desert Eagle. If all of them run out of ammo, then a Sword with a Monological edge forcefield to cut through anything :)

20. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

The good: I'm a trained swordsfighter
    The bad: Said swordsfighting is Fencing which is fairly useless
    The ugly: I'm rubbish at it anyway :D

My weapon of choice would probably be a wood axe but the question is then do I go for a hefty log splitter or a lighter regular axe.

Guns are pretty much useless, you're either at long range when you shouldn't be shooting anyway or you're at close range when a gun isn't much good anyway (unless you have an MP5 or something with tons of ammo but you won't find one of those in the UK).

Vehichles are whatever you can get your hands on, an SUV is preferable but an MPV is probably a good substitute. A small city car would have advantages in fuel economy and manueverability though.

Armour is probably more of a hindrance than a help but it could stop you from being bitten.

Lastly you'd want a couple of bottles of spirits for your final stand improvised molotovs!