1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Lament: HellRaiser Cenobite PC -=FINISHED=-

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by ARTbyTROY, 24 Feb 2005.

1. taliban_raider

taliban_raider Just some guy; you know

This is one seriously cool, original mod :clap:

Congratulations, it must be great to see all your hard work paying off like this :thumb:

2. Ogami Itto

Ogami Itto What's a Dremel?

I dont think i will be able to look at a PC again :waah:

I am going to have nightmares for weeks. This is so cool :clap: :clap:

3. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

I wouldn't like to have kind of that guy sitting on my table :/

Nice work!

4. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

Awesome mod! :hip:

5. Novakog

Novakog What's a Dremel?

Man, this is freaking me the f*** out! Awesome mod!

6. ARTbyTROY

ARTbyTROY Mod it Til it Bleeds!

Wow.

Thanks alot everyone, I got some more done and hope to have another update later tonight. The base is installed as is the radiator, hard drive and pump... plus I made a few small changes that both look cool and will benefit the final product.

Stay tuned.

7. neillyb

neillyb What's a Dremel?

I usually lurk here but I felt compelled to congratulate you on this mod, it's brilliant!

8. retrogamer

retrogamer What's a Dremel?

Holy cow thats the maddest mod ive ever seen... its AMZINGLY cool man, but i wouldnt want that thing in the corner of my room staring at me during the night :hehe:

:dremel: great work, mod on!

9. Chairboy

Chairboy I want something good to die for...

Any more progress?

10. pc-modd.dk

pc-modd.dk What's a Dremel?

Damit thats nice --- r u going to make the hole "team" :D

11. ARTbyTROY

The switch is installed into the box and the wiring is run beneath the base, the water pump is also installed onto the base. The long bunch of wire at the bottom of the picture is how much I removed from the back of the pump.

[​IMG]

I got all the wiring finished up, what a nightmare. It still needs to be cleaned up, but everything is set to be plugged in. You can see the power button on the box in the lower right corner of the picture below.

[​IMG]

Finishing up the wiring also meant hooking up the 6" LCD screen and changing out the blue Fass-o-matic LED for a red one. I plugged in a SpongeBob handheld video game to test the screen out... SpongeBob.

[​IMG]

Not far now and I will be able to let my wife have the dining room back... LOL.

12. sco0by

sco0by Mmm pie.

That is one seriously cool mod! :hip:

Although I`m not sure why you would have spongebob playing on the built-in monitor - not a good idea to sit the kids in front of that! :eeek:

13. ARTbyTROY

I keep getting new ideas as time passes and the mod progresses, like the need for a CDRW/DVD combo drive to make it a complete and self contained computer... so I ordered and installed one.

http://www.casemodgod.com/Hell154.jpg

Here is the back of the chest section with everything all wired up and ready to be installed. I added a couple red lazer LEDs to the bottom to help better light the interior.

[​IMG]

The view from the front, I painted and glazed the whole thing and it can be set aside because it is FINISHED.

[​IMG]

Next up, adding lighting to the inside of the abdomen. I am using some flexible LED strips from Sunbeam for the main interior lighting held in place with zip ties.

http://www.casemodgod.com/Hell150.jpg

But the LED strips are white... this will not do. A coat of paint later and they blend perfectly.

[​IMG]

While I was at it I enamel painted the draw latches that hold the abdomen window in place...

http://www.casemodgod.com/Hell152.jpg

And below is the result of my labor, abdomen window section... FINISHED.

[​IMG]

The instructions for the LaserPod implicitly state not to disassemble it... so I did.

http://www.casemodgod.com/Hell158.jpg

Below is the motor that will control the movement of the eyes, it has an extra wire that when hooked to a momentary switch make the motor turn a single revolution... which gave me an idea. I am not going into detail about how the motor makes the eyes move, I am just happy it worked.\

[​IMG]

A top down shot showing the Laserpod installed, there is also a red laser LED in the forhead area (not visible) for extra lighting. I cut a piece of plexi to fit the inside of the head, next I cut a hole just big enough for the Laserpod to fit through into the plexi and backpaint it black with Krylon Fusion.

http://www.casemodgod.com/Hell159.jpg

I also installed a UV laser LED above the eyes, since they are made of glow in the dark plastic it only made sense. I then hooked up the EL wire that wraps around the outside of the head making this part (the hardest part)... FINISHED.

[​IMG]

Last up on my full days work list, the keyboard. I installed a small SPST momentary switch into the top right of the keybaord to control the movement of the eyes, I also sleeved the wires together and that makes this part also FINISHED.

[​IMG]

Here is a short video of the motorised eyes in action... they came out better than I had hoped.

14. luvbug

luvbug What's a Dremel?

wow, some imagination you have there! I noticed the right eye moves a split second before the left eye. Are you going to fix that so they move together?

luvbug

15. huren

huren What's a Dremel?

i dont know what i can say apart from what everyone else has said.

HOE LE <badword>

that would seriously freak me out if i happened too be sittign next too u at a lan .

great work man

16. Isuo

Isuo What's a Dremel?

I just love it!

17. Lord Kordir

Lord Kordir What's a Dremel?

That's just horrible! In a very good way! Keep up the good work dude

18. Sheldog23

Sheldog23 What's a Dremel?

That is seriously cool....and freaky.

Can we get a night shot of the eyes glowing, Looking around? That would be super freaky.

19. Peddro

Peddro What's a Dremel?

MayB an idea, to make a heartbeat led in the reservoir?

20. -Mr.HiM-

-Mr.HiM- What's a Dremel?

Certainly v.original!!
    Congrats, that is one fine mod!!

:thumb: :rock:

What i found to be the best part has to be the head section with the sculpted head, that is some fine handywork my friend, love it... the eye's look right and home in there, and im interested to see how the stomach section pan's out.

:D

Awesome!!
    Do like the theme, and keep up the nice work!