1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows The best Game you Have Ever Played ?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kolyn_Kryw, 15 Apr 2008.

1. Ninja_182

Ninja_182 Enginerd!

Single player game: Unreal Tournament

Multiplater game: Unreal Tournament

Perfectly programmed proof that it's possible to make a brilliant game with no story. Or more the case, make up a story to justify the games existance, even when that story it's self is absolutly unrequired.

2. MrWizard

MrWizard What's a Dremel?

Single player: Mass Effect. I've never played a game that was so much like a movie that I couldn't bare to put it down because I wanted to see what happened next.

Multiplayer: The Unreal Tournament series in general. Great engines. Great games. Great fun. Period.

3. scq

scq What's a Dremel?

I thought CoD4 was kind of boring. It had some great cinematics, but the story was pretty basic and the game play was just more CoD with a new skin.

Best game ever? I gotta hand it to Half-Life. Still my favorite series to date. The story is pretty bland, but I love the Gman mystery, and the presentation is perfect.

4. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

Don't think I could single out any single one, HL was amazing, HL2 made a quantum leap beyond the first one and I really enjoy the episodes. However you also have Deus Ex, Halo, F.E.A.R., Max Payne and soooooo many other great games down the years that I'd find it impossible to pick just one.

Hell, I love you all!!!! (except for the shite ones, hey Diakanatna, I'm looking at you here!)

5. george.stella

george.stella What's a Dremel?

Never played COD4 but the best game that i have played is Prisoners OF War.
    It is a story mode game in which a American pilot and his assistant gets trapped by Russian forces in their boundries while they were trying to capture pictures of their area.
    The story goes on and the mission of the game is to find out ways to escape from the prison.
    It is a nice game and i am sure that your experience will be a good one on completing it.
    I only like to play Mission games and will try my gaming experience over COD4 as well.

Regards
    Stella :D

6. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

I'm in a crisis (heh), I want to buy & play COD4, Crysis, Alan Wake (when it comes out), etc., but I need a better PC. But if I buy a better PC, I'll have no money for the games, but if I buy the games I'll never save enough for the PC...gah. Screw it: I'm copping out. DX-Ball was the best game ever, because no matter how poor you are, you can run it.

7. Dave Penguin

Dave Penguin O hai.

It's so difficult to choose just one. I end up flitting between games so much, it's just insane.

To be honest though, if I had to choose five, it would be as follows:

(In no particular order) - Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy VII, Monkey Island II - LeChuck's Revenge, Grand Theft Auto IV, and Mario Kart: Double Dash

Although - Mario Kart is just in there for pure "University nights wasted playing this game" nostalgia.

8. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

No question about it Saturn BOMBERMAN. Best game ever, So addictive and yes i still own a saturn with bomberman and 12 joypads as this is still the family game which is now played at xmas when we are all together.

I am however disapointed in the xbox live version but its still good.

9. 13en

13en Minimodder

I can't believe that some people have been able to choose just one :lol: It's impossible... Well, I haven't read through the whole post, so I'm sure some of these (if not most) have been mentioned, but heres my list (In no particular order)

1) HL2
    2) CoD2
    3) Age of Mythology (AoE II got me hooked, this got me fully addicted)
    4) Freelancer (not so good looking back, but when I got it I played it through in one go - took me all night :D)
    5) Morrowind (I loved to go around collecting ash statures, I had loads of them)
    6) Oblivion (Not quite as good for collecting silly things, but sooooo pretty! :jawdrop: )
    7) Rome: Total War (played this one much more than any of the others)
    8) Eve Online (this sucked up months of my life, it was sort of hard to give it up because I had an awesome battleship)

I've also just redisovered Pokemon, but I'm not including that because it stopped actually being fun, but I just can't stop playing it. Which is bad news for my exam tomorrow... Also trackmania is some kind of horrible gaming addiction - repeat the same track endlessly for an hour just to gain a tenth of a second :wallbash: Its not fun, its sort of anti-fun, but I just can't stop!

10. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

Red faction 2 for ps2 dual machine guns yar !!!!

For pc I would have to say max payne 2 or battlefield 2

11. Dave Penguin

Dave Penguin O hai.

Oooh, ooh, I completely forgot about this one:

SimANT.

Literally years of my life were wasted playing that little wonder of a game.

12. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

SimANT was a political game.

weathering the permanent red war which always ends up in you being sucked up the lawnmover.

13. OnyxLilninja

OnyxLilninja What's a Dremel?

Single Player - Sins of a Solar Empire
    Multiplayer - Quakeworld

14. Thacrudd

Thacrudd Where's the any key?!?

I can't believe I forgot about that one! That was so fun! OMG I'm making a note to get it. Thanks for that!

Chrono Trigger for me, hands down. Best multiplayer? 1st Halo. Spent countless hours with friends on multi w/ 3 xboxes hooked up. Lots of fun.

15. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

yep, i know what you mean. just played/completed the bugger and didn't want it to end! i'm not a completionist so i haven't gone thru and found all the souls and i find the portait of sorrow lacks something...i think it's too fiddly, switching characters, too many items, and comparatively linear.

on the grounds which you're making a favorite game then doom wins it hands down for me.

16. thEcat

thEcat What's a Dremel?

No single game but a short list...

The original Unreal, one of the first FPS I played.
    War Zone 2100, excellent RTS now multi platform and open source.
    Imperium Galactica II - Skirmish mode, another RTS. Death by ballet in space!
    VTM: Bloodlines, RPG
    Morrowind, RPG
    Deus Ex, RPG?/FPS, possibly the ultimate 'there are so many ways of doing things' game.

At the moment I'm in love, yes that's the right word, with The Longest Journey and Dreamfall. Don't expect action, but they are so well written.

Last edited: 3 Jun 2008
  17. thebestnews

thebestnews What's a Dremel?

Hello. This is my first post :)
    The best game I have ever played was, without doubt, Deux Ex 1 for the PC.

OK ok ok it had its problems and was'nt the best graphically but playing games, like music, should be more than just superficial. I played deus ex when I was in College, had long "curtains" in front of my face and I was a little anti - social. I believed the government was out to get me and er hated everything, as you do at that age. Er no I was'nt scizophrenic.

Anyway the point I am making is games need more than just stories, graphics, gameplay etc. They always invoke a feeling of "oh yeah I played that when I was . . . " kind of vibe. Playing deus ex is like . . . when I smell woodsmoke and it takes me back to when I was a kid and set fire the next door neighbours shed . . . Sigh

Last edited: 2 Jun 2008
  18. Major

Major Guest

19. alexandros1313

alexandros1313 What's a Dremel?

The best game I've ever played (by far) is UFO: Enemy Unknown.

20. *mat-ster*

*mat-ster* What's a Dremel?

Best Game

1) System Shock 2 - you hav to think to play the game!
    2) Gods - best platformer
    3) Space Harrier (Arcade - the one you sit in)
    4) Half Life (made the FPS Genre)
    5) Bruce Lee (Commadore 64)
    6) Unreal Torny - Can you be Godlike at Deck 16?

Matt

Tags: