1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Chicks like tech, too

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Da Dego, 3 Aug 2006.

1. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

2. SouthernBelle

SouthernBelle What's a Dremel?

"Chicks", Brett? :nono:

3. TheoGeo

TheoGeo What are these goddamn animals?!

wow, so buying them an xbox for their birthday is ok then? :D

To be honest it sounds about right for current generation, most girls i know are fairly good with technology, better than alot of the guys i know. Technology is more of a generation thing really, Most people under the age of 30 have grown up around technology and thats even more true as you look at the people who are younger than this.

I think technology has come to the point where it is much more user friendly, electronics and gadgetry are no longer just for the lonely geek still living in his mums basement and have become more socialy acceptable. Some electronic items are very fashionable, especialy those sexy 42" plasmas.

Though saying that, i doubt it is quite as close as that.

You also have to note that these surveys are often taylored to the clients. Its quite easy to do. If you do a survey near the engineering department of a large university you are going to get a very different result to a survey done down at the sunday flee market. They usualy dont state exactly where the survey was done and what age of people they usualy asked.

4. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

woo finally i can go into a club wearing my /flirt T-shirt I made on cafepress and talk about manly things like how many pipelines my GPU has!!! Bitchin!

oh.. gadgets... so they are still not really nerds... just the iPod generation..

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

He was gonna write "Bitches" but I told him, no.

:D j/k ;)

Of course they're more into tech than us, look at the OhMiGod iPod Vibrator...

This unPC post was brought to you by the powers of not caring.

EDIT:
    # More than 50% of women would rather have that TV offered above than a weekend romantic getaway to Florida.

They didn't survery whether those who didn't want it actually wanted a TV or the thought of their other half doing something romantic actually scared them/made them laugh. Lets face it, some men are useless at that cra.. stuff.

6. leviathan18

leviathan18 What's a Dremel?

they want A and ipod with diamonds or B something thats cost as much as a diamond

7. SouthernBelle

SouthernBelle What's a Dremel?

<QUOTE=Bindibadgi>He was gonna write "Bitches" but I told him, no.

:D j/k ;)</quote>

Hmmm...no surprise there

<quote=Bindibadgi>Of course they're more into tech than us, look at the OhMiGod iPod Vibrator...</quote>

Hey! I've got that one! :D

8. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

here "chicks" only want to go to the shopping buy tons of clodes and stuff like that and date several guys during the week.
    they will die soon, of AIDS.

9. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

And we all know what "Women own, on average, 6.6 electrical 'gadget' devices" means... :naughty:

10. Vash-HT

Vash-HT What's a Dremel?

I'd like to know where they did this study, because I am sure it was not done anywhere near me(Illinois). When i was at school last semester I had to help so many girls get their comp hooked up to the network it was pathetic(not that I minded helping them lol). Anyway a lot of them may own an ipod, but that doesn't mean they are knowledgeable about it. Half them would own an ipod and be like "What's a mp3 player?". Most of them might want a TV because its a lot more functional than a diamond(or maybe they surveyed girls who were already married and don't care anymore lol). Anyway, I just posted this because I can not belive it at all, but maybe thats just the girls where I live.

11. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Of course, diamonds are just a little harder to break than, say, an iPod or DV camera... :hehe:

Just wait until some smart-alec comes up with a diamond protective case for iPods... :worried: ;)

12. Reins

Reins What's a Dremel?

Wow I think I'd rather have a vacation in Florida then a TV, what is going on here?!?!

Last edited: 3 Aug 2006
  13. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

That's seriously harsh. You sound bitter.

From experience?

14. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

not the way my girlfriend works......

£100 shoes for her birthday, now i cant afforda new pair of shoes for me.....

15. specofdust

specofdust Banned

To be honest, I seriously doubt aspects of this study. 50% of women do their own troubleshooting? Bull****! 50% of women maybe attempt to do their own trouble shooting, something with the uglier half of the species do too, but breaking stuff while playing around and then calling the IT guys/gals does not constitute trouble shooting.

I'd like to see the question asked and the possible answers given to that specific question, since I can just say right now I'm 100% sure that 50% of women cannot fix their own computer problems. If 50% of either sex could, then IT Departments would be useless. You'd just ask someone to your right or left to fix your PC and that'd be that.

I'm starting to really hate survey's and the way they're reported these days. Nothing against you Mr. Brett, but things are getting so twisted and screwed up with surveys and statistics. Reporters should be required to link the survey in it's entirity so that people who actually care can take a look at what the questions and possible answers were. I feel fairly sure this survey would have had something like "Do you attempt to trouble shoot your problems" or "Do you try to fix problems when you have them with your computer?".

16. cereal_killer

cereal_killer What's a Dremel?

how times have changed........maybe even for the better :p

17. yahooadam

yahooadam <span style="color:#f00;font-weight:bold">Ultra cs

And when you try this they will go "you just bought that for yourself" you have been warned <_<

18. Stwongbad

Stwongbad What's a Dremel?

I thought that too adam >,< Ive always considered getting my special somone like a gamecube or something for her to play on and Im worried she will be like "You only got this cause you have nothing to play at my house with when people are around" and then i'll end up getting her that AND like some expensive necklace which might I add as everyone knows THEY NEVER WEAR.

Honestly...even in a mum/son relationship I bought her a real nice silver necklace for mothers day and she swears she is saving it for a nice occaision...but when it comes why would you want a necklace saying "mom" and not something more...bling (can I even use that word?)

19. Skill3d

Skill3d Minimodder

women are so materialistic minded...... (dunno how u guys call that i aint an american :p)

20. John Cena

John Cena What's a Dremel?

*giggles*

This topic made me smile. A BIG smile.

*giggles*

Tags: Add Tags