1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project Black Rain: RIP 2008

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by modsquad, 14 Sep 2006.

?

What to do...

Poll closed 30 Jun 2007.
  1. Finish the machine entirely:

87 vote(s)
    91.6%
  2. Finish the case mods only:

3 vote(s)
    3.2%
  3. Just go away:

5 vote(s)
    5.3%
  1. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

Amen.

Kikbox Stu told me about your project. I didn't know or any other Modder besides dutchcedar was into Choppers as much as me. Love where you're going with this.

btw: I've got something special I'm working for those LL castors (better than flames). I think you'll dig them Modsquad. I need another week before I can have the first batch done. Let me know if your interested :)

2. modsquad

modsquad Grease Monkey Undergraduate..

Glad you approve m-tech..
    More biker-stuff (IL) in the pipe-line:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    By the way your McQueen-Avatar.. :thumb:
    Filmed almost 40 years ago, Bullitt
    still the best "car-chase" on film....

3. itsjustacompaq

itsjustacompaq Minimodder

those look great! im not really that into choppers or motorcycles, im more of a car guy, but i can really appreciate the skill and quality of indian larry's work. this is shaping up to be a really top mod. good job, cant wait to see where you put these.

4. calib3r

calib3r What's a Dremel?

I like it! Keep up the good work.

5. customh

customh conflagration.

Them there caps go on the front aquatubes I'll bet, I am probably wrong though, modsquad always has something up his sleeve.

6. mnpctech

Jebus, you do know whats cool don't you? I should have some pics of those thingys I mentioned by this weekend :naughty:

7. jokkos

jokkos too busy to mod *sigh*

off topic but I just have to respond...

aah thz Bullitt car case...so sweet. Not a bad movie either :cooldude:

8. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

look at them, shiny buggers they be. I am intrigued modsquad. You arent gonna drop an engine in there for good measure are you? :p

9. Evenge

Evenge Minimodder

I like your mobo cover! Looks clean and stylish! :hip:

Keep up the good work :thumb:

10. modsquad

Looking forward to see what you have come up with. The LL castors are pretty cool in the first place. Your stuff is always kickass, so I am looking forward to the weekend..
    I enjoyed IL "old-school" style of bike building..The trend today (in custom bikes) is to make them clean, with sweeping lines and hide most things mechanical. Larry's designs focused on what the others where trying to hide..
    BUT, I just love his logo, the flying question mark is (IMO) way-cool..
    Should be back at it this weekend..
    More soon
    MS

11. mnpctech

Modsquad, Have you seen the bike for the new Ghost Rider Movie?

I love GIGER, but not a GIGER chopper! From what I understand, the movie's production designer built the bike :duh:

12. dutchcedar

dutchcedar What's a Dremel?

Ya just gotta love it... :hip: To make your aluminum shiny, ya gotta sling black grit 'n grease all over yourself...

Hey, you're doing some really nice schtuff here and the detail's outrageous. :thumb:

13. Fahrenheit 541

Fahrenheit 541 What's a Dremel?

Very good work, I like where your going, keep on keepin on :rock:

14. Mino

Mino Ganzerli Mino

Every time that I see your work in progress I think that you're not part of this planet :-]
    Good work as usual, superb ideas!
    Go on modsquad, I'll follow this thread with happiness :-]

15. RonaldoR9

RonaldoR9 What's a Dremel?

hey love this project

couple of questions tho were do u buy ur ac ryan stuff liek the mesh (thier webpage doesent sell the stuff)

also did u just bend aluminum over the original plate for the plate above your psu unit or did u just paint it

16. n00btard

n00btard Go away

you can buy AC Ryan stuff at www.performance-pcs.com

17. modsquad

Welcome to the forums RR9. AC Ryan does not sell-direct, I am sure an online dealer in your part of the world will have what U need.
    The PSU cover is stock, just chrome plated..

@mnptech: I have have not seen the movie, but I agree giger's art is very-cool. I did see a Giger paint job by Mike LaVallee That guy is my hero, the "Elvis" of custom paint..
    His "true-fire" is just-- :jawdrop: I think I may have a go at some TF for the interrior of this project. Never tried painting it before, but I have his DVD to help me along.. :hehe:
    @dutchcedar: thanks! polishing aluminum is NO_FUN, just like the prepwork for a good paint job..But the end result is what's it's all about.. I wish I could fab (CNC) my-own billet-parts like you instead of just polishing them.. Your stuff is kickass fella..
    @MG: the CPU is the motor... That is the whole-idea..
    @rigor and F541: Thats for your support guys..

Good news and bad..
    I spend about (5) hours playing with the MB cover.. I just was not feeling it..I ended up with a pile of scrap-Alu and not much more.. I don't use any CAD or even drawings when building my machines. So, I just "get on a role" or (in this case) not.. I need to rethink the MB-cover idea..
    Later, I moved on to the IL points-covers: drilled some 14mm holes and added some Innovatek bulkhead compression fittings ( I used these in BN):
    [​IMG]
    IMHO, they look pretty-cool:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    flying (watercooled) wings...I am sure Indian Larry has sold lots of these, but how many have become water-wings?

[​IMG]
    One of the IL water-wing covers will end-up on the divider plate for the lower AC aquatubes.
    With any-luck I will get my pair of pumps setup later today.. Your saying to yourself "what's there to set up"? I will show you Sunday late-PM.
    Ordering gear this week is not a great idea...BUT, I have some Innovatek tubing-springs and AlphaCool 11mm compression-nuts in route..
    My tubing came in Friday:
    [​IMG]
    black (R3400) Tygon... The only way to GO--IMO.. The clear-stuff-- :rolleyes: no-thanks..
    "BIG_SMALL_BORE" 5/16"ID 7/16"OD.. :thumb:
    That's IT...
    the good and the bad..
    MS

Last edited: 17 Dec 2006
  18. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Looking good with the tubing guide things, forgot the name... but why black tubing? Surely someone makes a black additive to put in coolant flowing through clear tubes for a great oil-line like effect furthering the biker feel. But then again who am I to say, unless I could read your mind and see what this should end up like, lol

19. greensabbath

greensabbath Got Wood?

I really like where this is going. Too bad about the mobo cover though, but it happens to the best of us. Love that tubing too, your previous mod inspired me to get the same stuff for Yuugou although in 3/8id 1/2od. Its very pretty.

20. Captain Slug

Captain Slug Infinite Patience

To make a motherboard cover you REALLY have to do it one of two ways.
    1) Do it in CAD, and do alot of measuring in the process
    or
    2) Do it in paper. Posterboard or the like so you can do alot of test fitting and experimentation.

Getting everything spaced just by winging it will be a painful process, which is why planning it out helps immensely. I've done several so if you run into any roadblocks shoot me a PM.

Tags: