1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Dark Blade by G69T

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by G69T, 30 Nov 2004.

1. Warhead Willy

Warhead Willy What's a Dremel?

Hello there,

after having seen all of the good work you have done , I still have a question. Or maybe even a suggestion.
    Since you use the temperature probes of TT, I wonder if it would be possible for you to make your pumps temperature controlled. What I mean here is as follows : if the watertemperature is low the pump spins slowly. If the watertemperature is high the pump spins fast. :D

I have this done in my case. I use a TT bigwater cooling system. I also have Aerocool Gatewatch in my case. And it has four channels to monitor. But I did use only three. Now there is one thing I absolute hate: Fannoise. So instead of turning the fan up in revs for extra cooling I thought let the pump make more revs for added cooling effect. Faster flowing coolant looses temperature faster. and the noise of the pump is negliable since it hangs inside my case.
    So I took one temperatureprobe seal it in resin, made a hole in the watertank and dropped the pro into the water. And watch in amazement the thing worked !! low temp low flow, high temp high flow. And slowly dropping temps. and thus dropping revs of the waterpump. :cooldude:

Now I can Imagine that it would be a great feature on your case to have teperature controlled revs of the pumps and thus a great effect on your vortex-blades in the reservoirs. :naughty:

2. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

to everyone that has suscribed, sorry. it's not another update, just another fan that has joined the forum to praise G69T.

this case is awesome. makes me proud to be Italian. im so glad im not in the competition against it. i would be embarrased. there are a couple of cases in there that actually are ground-up builds, and there are nicely modded cases, but do any compare?

that pc in a mag wheel is an insult to everyone in the comp. it's a cool idea but my lil bro can do that.

the only thing that can be said against dark blade is color choice. some girls would like it pink with yellow lights & yellow water, some guys would want it black with black water & red lights. personally i would like the whole thing chromed (im a chrome freak) or polished stainless, and a rotary switch to select which color lights up.

G69T, you said that you wanted to make the blades out of polished stainless, you should!! who cares about the weight, that thing will sit on the floor anyway! so maybe you could make 4 big polished stainless blades and the 4 little ones up top in polished stainless - but this time with even more intricate little details on them! if you do this im sure everyone here will want to marry you or have your baby

ill have to shut up now, so ill finish by describing this project by quoting another fellow italian legend, Valentino Rossi "che spettacolo!"

3. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

Congratulations mate :thumb:
    You deserve it :clap:

4. leviathan18

leviathan18 What's a Dremel?

congrats g69t, you deserves this and more awards for sure

5. Naberius

Naberius What's a Dremel?

Yeh Well Done on the award, you got some serious skills and i cant wait to see more from you in the future.

6. WiK1d

WiK1d What's a Dremel?

Awesome! Well done on Winning Case Mod Of The Year :D

7. G69T

G69T CNC Modder

Before the anodization phase, I polish the aluminium surface with abrasive paper. The caustic soda in the anodization process is the essential step for the final result.

My compliments for your great mod! :jawdrop:

Nice idea, but the power supply of my pumps is 220V! :(

Thanks for your considerations. I love the stainless swords but at the moment I have no time to construction them. ;)

Last edited: 3 Jan 2007
  8. JayWolf×

JayWolf× What's a Dremel?

Outstanding

G69T, From one modder to another, I have to say your an artist. This has inspired me to post a worklog for my upcoming mod. Also It made me sign up for these forums. Thank you for sharing your creation with all of us, I know you are an inspiration to everyone who has seen this. Heres to the world of pc mods after Dark Blade. :rock: Rock on brother!

Jay Wolf×

9. G69T

G69T CNC Modder

....OMG, it's incredible! :eeek: :eeek: :eeek:

Dark Blade Mod of the Year 2006!

Thanks to Bit-Tech and AC Ryan for this great opportunity.

I would like to thanks everybody for your preferences and my congratulations to all the others fantastic mods.

To share with all of you this forum experience has been beautiful. :thumb:

Grazie per tutto! So che molti di voi hanno seguito dall'inizio il progetto per quasi 2 anni, altri hanno partecipato scrivendo un solo post o si sono iscritti al forum di Bit-Tech soltanto per esprimere le loro considerazioni. Non vi nascondo che la soddisfazione personale per il "Mod of the Year 2006" è enorme, ma ben poco se paragonata allo spirito con cui avete partecipato, assieme agli utenti di altri forum, alla creazione di questo modding.

Ciao

Gianluca

Thank you for your sign up on these forums. :thumb:

10. Ediejo

Ediejo What's a Dremel?

Congratulations G69T with the title mod of the year 2006 you deserved it. :thumb:

11. marauder16

marauder16 What's a Dremel?

ASA I've seen this mod finished I knew it would win, it's THE mod, and I voted for it without thinking, really glad you won, congrats! :clap:

12. TMM

TMM Modder

Incredible! I thought it was a stock HSF one the graphics card until i saw the watercooling - nice touch. I love it when a mod looks like it could come out of the box like that :D

13. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Some may whine about it being entirely made by million dollar machines, but I understand the machines do NOT design the case nor do all the work for you :) You really deserved that. (1 vote from me :worried:)

14. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

congratulations gianluca!!!

those big ugly expensive machines, which happen to be useless without a skilled master, were used with perfection and made something spectacular. the problem you have now, is coming up with something better for the next project...lol good luck with that!

15. JAxen

JAxen What's a Dremel?

Gratulations mate! Well deserved :thumb:

16. vortex46

vortex46 What's a Dremel?

amazing work,u deserved the title,congratulations :clap: :clap: :clap:

17. andydico

andydico What's a Dremel?

Congratulations

I think this is one of the best MODs I've ever seen and I agree, the CNC did not make this, it's only the tool. Even the most experienced machinist if he doesn't have the Artistic mind like G69T wouldn't be able to make one as Exquisite as Dark Blade.

Congrats, Gianluca.

By the way, why are Italians generally Very, Very Artistic? You're Italian, aren't you?

18. Darkened

Darkened Minimodder

I'd have to say that from a line of excellent and truly inspirational mods Dark Blade was above them all.

Congratulations for the win, well deserved.

Janne

19. EdOBeA

EdOBeA What's a Dremel?

Congratulations g69t! Great execution of an original modding!!!! :rock:

20. Evenge

Evenge Minimodder

congratulations!