1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project: Ever-So-TightLi (06/01/07 - Project has been shelved)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by blackflag, 14 Feb 2007.

1. modsquad

modsquad Grease Monkey Undergraduate..

Congrats on the front-page mj.. well deserved IMHO..

2. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Looks good, Have you found that the back of the case warps a bit with the weight of the PSU, had to cut out the 5.25 on my mums v300 to get the psu in and without the support the case flexed a bit due to the weight of the psu and the flimsyness of the case?

Its coming along though.

3. blackflag

blackflag I Kill Dremels

Yes, the back flexes a bit. I will most likely be fabbing a bracket to hold the PSU in place, especially since the one I am using (Corsair HX620W) is pretty short and does not reach the little tab in the corner where the HDD bays and the 5.25" bays meet.

4. RasmusAnden

RasmusAnden What's a Dremel?

it's a really nice looking project, you are building/modding!

5. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Cool, aye little bracket will sort out the flex :). Nearly finished designing my Cube :) slightly shorter but basicly mines 280mm Cubed instead of a rectangle :).

Morgan.

6. BenJ

BenJ What's a Dremel?

Excellent!!!!!!

Another Micro Watercooled Box.

I like what you are doing. I am thinking of getting the same board to go in my box, so I can run two cards. Either that or go Core 2 Duo in a Micro ATX flavour.

Regards
    BenJ

7. 1e8o

1e8o What's a Dremel?

I think you mean 2,41 TB in stead of 2, 41 GB :p
    Btw nice mod :d + 1 subscribe

8. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

nice work so far, keep it up, oh and I read it over but might have overlooked it but on your server for your dvd collection what software do you use to maintain the collection and browse through for your movie selection? As I am building a HTPC as well my project HourBeforeDawn which is currently on hold as I am doing some work on my car before I go back onto that project but anyhow I was just curious as I have been searching around for some software and seeing how you already have yours up might have some opinions on some over others through 1st hand experience.

9. blackflag

blackflag I Kill Dremels

@HourBeforeDawn:

I'm not using anything on the server side to browse or maintain the collection. It's all done through Xbox Media Center (see my other project log- XBMC has already been working but I decided to move the Xbox into a Lian Li enclosure for better temps and noise).

XBMC pulls DVD covers from IMDB.com (or you can copy your own over to the Xbox) and displays them for you onscreen, so this is how I keep track of everything. Pretty snazzy for a free app and there's good codec support.

This is how it looks (you can change your skin to make the background different, but you get the idea):

[​IMG]

This is just a generic screenshot I hosted from the XMBC wiki. My skin actually looks just like WinXP MCE and I'm not using AVIs, mine are all ISOs.

This probably wont be of much help to you since you're using a "real" HTPC while I'm just using Xbox Media Center.

10. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

MJ: You tried the latest XBMC360 skin? I'm liking it over the Project Mayhem style. And it is easier to use XLINK KAI.

11. blackflag

blackflag I Kill Dremels

I tried the XBMC360 skin and didnt really like it. It seemed too concave on the sides, made it look like the screen was caving in on the side.

I dont use XLINK KAI all that much either so it's no biggie for me.

12. ssR

ssR Carbon God

very nice and clean looking. CF elements are always welcome, especially when its real and not vinyl wannabe ;)

13. blackflag

blackflag I Kill Dremels

I was looking back through the thread and realized that the locations some of the responses were coming from were all over the globe. This is like the United Nations of project logs!

England
    USA
    Spain
    Romania
    Scotland
    Finland
    Sweden
    Austria
    The Netherlands
    Denmark
    Australia
    Israel

:thumb:

14. blackflag

blackflag I Kill Dremels

I'm thinking about where to put the power button. As I mentioned before, I have a Bulgin anti-vandal switch I will be using (white ring).

Please excuse the crudity of these Photochops, scale is not 100% accurate...

On the bottom (original location):

[​IMG]

Closer to the top:

[​IMG]

Or, I've even considered putting the power button up top with the Aquatube, since the Aquatube will be lit with 2 white LEDs and it will match nicely.

I'm even considering moving the USB/Firewire/Audio ports up top as well, but haven't made up my mind yet.

What do you guys think?

15. Koradhil

Koradhil What's a Dremel?

I'd go with the button at the bottom, somehow it just seems to look better. Also it will concentrate most of the 'activity' on the front at the bottom, because the I/O is also located at the bottom.

16. rowin4kicks

rowin4kicks a man walked into a bar ...

hey i reckon you should put the button at the back of the case and the usb and stuff on top as i really like the way the cabon looks un interuped.
    if not then it should be on the bottom with the usb and shiz where it usually goes
    lol just my opinoin

17. Gordy

Gordy Evil Teddy

Yup

I prefer it with the switch near the top. Looks best there.

18. Evenge

Evenge Minimodder

Well that means that you got friends all over the world! :D

19. Nix

Nix What's a Dremel?

Ah cool, love your mods, didnt know you were in the same city.

20. blackflag

blackflag I Kill Dremels

You mean up top with the Aqua Tube, or up top on the CF?

I'm still undecided, so I want to get the consensus about where it looks best.

Tags: