LOL Stupid things we've done without thinking

Discussion in 'General' started by MrWillyWonka, 1 Dec 2008.

1. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

I'm surprised most of us aren't dead yet. We are truly stoopid.

2. Mr Mario

Mr Mario What's a Dremel?

Haha so true, I have had far too many incidents that could have gone so wrong, I've had about 4 shocks off the mains and had a car nearly run me over -while reversing. Though the funniest two are:

A friend was around and we decided that it would be fun to tie pillows around ourselves along with blanket and roll down the stairs. It was my go first, though I didn't take into account the large window at the bottom of the stairs, I ended up in a heap of pillow and glass, the worst part was trying to explain it away to my mum.

While on a Duke of Edinburgh trip, my friends and myself decided to go exploring the area around the camp. We found this large quarry and thought it would be fun to climb on the huge tractor/digger things at the bottom. So we climbed down the less steep side. After a while we figured we had better head back to the camp before anyone noticed we weren’t there. The quickest way back was to climb up the steep slope, it was a very large and very steep slope. When I had got near to the top, I grabbed onto a bit of grass to pull myself up. Of course the grass couldn't support my weight. So I ended up rolling/falling backwards all the way down. My head landed with force right next to a sharp rock, just a bit to the left so it could have ended badly. My friend’s thought I was dead and quickly rushed down, with lots of shouting.

The best thing was I came away from both completely unscathed, with only my pride damaged.

3. speedfreek

speedfreek What's a Dremel?

whats the difference between a drunk driver and a high driver? The drunk driver blows through the stop sign, the high driver waits for it to turn green.

I thought that was relevant to this thread. Personally it only kinda happened once, I caught myself after a second or two and drove off feeling a bit embarrassed.:D

4. padrejones2001

padrejones2001 Puppy Love

Last night, I tried to unlock my back door using the keyless entry for my car. After about thirty seconds, it finally dawned on my that I actually had to use my house key. It was a very long night.

5. LockmanX

LockmanX What's a Dremel?

I don't know the details but I remember waking up underneath an ATV I had been riding. It was the second time I had managed to somehow run myself over.

I had to go to an important meeting for work in the next city. I was so worried about how well it would go that I failed to realize I was traveling in the wrong direction on the highway. I managed to drive 85 miles before the "Doh!" I lucked out, the person I was meeting was on a delayed flight. Meeting went well.

Called in sick on my day off.

Came home from work and fell asleep in my chair while still in uniform. My cat woke me up and I immediately thought I forgot my alarm. I dashed around and was in my car heading back to work within 20 minutes. My night guy was almost finished with closing the store when I blasted onto the lot. It took him a few minutes to convince me what time it really was.

I once managed to do a back-flip on a riding lawn mower. It didn't survive. I barely did.

There's a fun one that involves a 32 foot box truck left in gear and me starting it while standing outside the truck. Minor injuries.

6. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

I once jumped off a 50cc dirt bike, on a gravel road. was going faster then i thought. night at a hospital thankfully the only thing i got out of it was a face full of gravel and my tooth going threw my lip. i wasn't the driver.

While i was living in Florida I was just getting in to BMX and jumped a dirt jump that was a little more then i was read for. landed on the back wheel and knocked the wind out of me, while i was in 5th grade that was scary.

Tried to run a DC current CB out of a car in an AC outlet in a house. this was also when i was younger.

few more things while growing up in Florida (8-11 years old) Ran in to a mail box on a bike, flipped a bike in the middle of an interstate (grater-aid in a bike hit the spokes). ran in to parked cars.

I swam in the same pond a dog was attacked by alligators, luckily i didn't see those alligators. much more misc stupid things kids would do while growing up. haven't done any thing stupid lately, other then the other day i was to lazy to get my paintball mask before cutting some steel. ended with me sticking my head in the sink.

Adding one more. i once fell backwards off a bench on to a concrete floor, i was out for a while.

Last edited: 12 Dec 2008
  7. ozstrike

ozstrike yip yip yip yip

Yesterday, I was making some soup. I poured the tin into a bowl, then put the tin in the microwave.
    I thought of this thread straight away.

8. Thacrudd

Thacrudd Where's the any key?!?

:nono:

9. liquid_gen

liquid_gen What's a Dremel?

A couple of times I've spent quite a few minutes looking for something only to then realise i was holding it in my hand all along

10. outlawaol

outlawaol Geeked since 1982

I once was sitting at a stop light and was in the turn only lane to go left. The other two lanes to my right where going straight, they turned green and I took the turn. Thankfully the on coming traffic waited for a few seconds. I was out of it a bit that day as I felt like I was watching the world with my peripheral vision (hence my thinking the light was for my turn lane). I realized about half way through what I was doing, thankfully no cop around! :D

11. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Last week I took someone else's post out and walked off with it. The truly wonderful thing was that when I got home, I realised it belonged to a member of staff at the uni, and it was their monthly pay cheque :eeek:

12. twentynine

twentynine Can never win...

Any one ever stopped at green light? lol. I did that one today. The other people sitting at their red lights gave me a funny look. Wonder why? Haha

13. Volund

Volund Am I supposed to care?

Well, this wasn't me not thinking, but it was one of my co-workers.

Two summers ago, while working on a delivery route in an ancient box truck.... we pulled up to a hospital delivery ramp (thankfully It was a hospital). He put the truck into park (or so he though...) the transmission on that truck was bad, and on the hill, it dropped into reverse, while my leg was in between the truck's back bumper and the dock..... what happened next was the worst pain of my life, it involved a crushed calf, torn muscles, shattered fibula and tibia, the works. I wasn't able to walk on that leg until I had 3 surgeries and eight months of PT...

14. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

I did the exact same thing a while ago. I was wondering why that moron in the oncoming lane was starting to move forward. :duh:

15. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

I did that not too long ago and I had a hissy fit about the other drivers jumping the red light and honked my horn at the oncoming drivers, flashing lights etc.

Some time later at the same junction I realised that the light was for the other lane and I actually jumped the lights previously. Oops.

16. liquid_gen

liquid_gen What's a Dremel?

Just remembered something my friend told me he did in school ages ago (reception, Year 1 or something). He would get bored and decide to write backwards. His teacher actually became concerned about this and called his parents, telling them how she'd never seen anything like this before.
    I was on the floor when he told me about this.

17. Brett89

Brett89 Minimodder

I've done that too, another time i was at a railroad crossing, waiting to go though the intersection after a 10 minute train, bars go up(light was still red at the intersection, i was focused on the lack of a ding a ling a ling) and the train is gone, i floored it through the intersection wondering why no one else was following, then i slowly realised that i had just went through a red light. I felt pretty dumb after that, luckily I pay more attention to those things now.

Last edited: 14 Dec 2008
  18. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

I must be stupid, but... I don't get it. :confused:

If the bars are up, you should be pretty much good to go, right?

19. Brett89

Brett89 Minimodder

Sorry my mistake, it was right at an intersection as well, the bars were up but my light was red. will edit

20. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

I did it twice this year with a drillbit. :wallbash:

I guess because it didnt hurt the first time I had to do it again and make sure it hurt. :lol: Lots of blood the first time around. I couldnt stand up while running water over my hand as so much blood was running out as I hit it at the base of my index finger and shredded everything up.

I took a shower and had shampoo in my hair and forgot to wash it out before getting out of the shower.

I one time went to bed in my room, woke up in the morning freezing cold wondering where my blanket is. I realized I was in a different room on a couch with a little baby size blanket covering me. :lol:

Me and my friend (around 5 - 8 yrs old at the time) would drive our bikes head on into each other for fun.

My dad shorted out his watch on the car alternator somehow. Heated up the watch real good. He was dancing around yelling trying to unclip his watch. It got so hot one of the links in the wrist band (made of metal) welded together.

A few year ago when me and my dad went hunting and we were gutting the deer he was wiping off one of the knives and grabbed around the blade while wiping it and cut himself. Very large cut. Lots of blood. Bad infection.

Back in grade 8 (5 years ago) I wrote 'panties' instead of 'pants' on an assignment. Teacher didnt say much. Neither did I. :blush:

I'll think of more later...

Last edited: 14 Dec 2008