1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress ProJeCt : ToTecHniKa by AnG3L (09 April - Totechnika's video)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by AnG3L, 3 Sep 2009.

1. woody_294

woody_294 Wizard Ninja :P

Great work, as always AnG3L!!

2. Raiden

Raiden Portuguese reviewer

Angell your a hell of a modder man !

Great ideas based on culture this is like ( Indios) themed, i dont know the exact english translation for it , but i see you also a guy that apreciate other cultures as well...

3. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Woody my man thanks! Where have you been? Its been a long time to see ya around! Keep in touch brother! :)

Raiden my friend thank you so much! I really love the Native Indian Culture (Apache, Navajo, Cherokee etc) and many other cultures too and I am always interested to learn new things!
    So if you have something to share I am always willing to listen! :) Peace!!! :thumb:

4. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

One more quick update guys with the creation of the case feet and also some other random things I did.

I used a very solid rounded wood for the main part of the feet.
    Measurements and cutting :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here I use the mouse sander with my ruler for checkup, to make an equal size for all.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And some improvisation for the finish!

[​IMG]

Here are finished with some wooden sticks which I am going to use with the feet!

[​IMG]

But first some holes for the main screws, which are going to be attached on the case.

Measurements :

[​IMG]

And drilling! Solid wood = PITA to drill ;p

[​IMG]

I used my tap die set as the wood is really solid and I can use a screw with no further modifications!

[​IMG]

Perfect!

[​IMG]

Now lets measure and cut the wooden sticks. I used 4 sticks at then cause each foot required
    17 small pieces!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is how I want it to be.... But how am I going to attach all of these sticks ???

[​IMG]

Lets sand them one by one till we have an idea!
    Thinking and sanding, thinking and sanding.....

[​IMG]

Voila!!! Modders are just so clever! lol
    I used a masking tape, I attached the sticks on it and I left some space to roll it again all over.

[​IMG]

Some white wood glue.....

[​IMG]

Keep rolllin, rollin, rollin!!! (Limp Bizkit)

[​IMG]

Added some more glue which absorbed by the wood, and also to fill the tiny holes and create a stronger bond. Added glue for 3 times in 15 minutes spaces.

[​IMG]

I left the feet for 24 hours to completely dry and while I was waiting I did some random work.
    I removed that South Bridge cooler from the motherboard for some cleaning and also to change sleeving!

Dirty huh?? ;p

[​IMG]

After a lot of cleaning I did and some sanding, you can see my ugly face in! LoL

[​IMG]

Painted the fan and also a part from the wire.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After this and that, cooler done!!!!

[​IMG]

So I am going to show you something I did and I would like to hear your opinion guys!
    Many new cases comes with some cable management rubber pass through things and I decided to make one of my own. I was thinking, I was thinking and I finally thought that it would be nice if I could do that with something that anyone could find.
    So I used a very cheap mousepad for gamers (3 euros) which is very good for the money!
    It has a rubber base and a soft cloth for the top, so it makes it flexible and very durable at the same time!

[​IMG]

I used a piece of wood and I attached it using some masking tape, so it wont move during the process!

[​IMG]

I measured the desired length and I carefully cut it with a very sharp blade.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I attached the piece again on the wood using masking tape for the remaining cuts.

[​IMG]

I measured to find the middle and I draw a line.

[​IMG]

Next I took a triangle to create the top and bottom design. And voila, cable managent thingie with a mousepad and with 3 euros you can do a lot of them!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lets go back on the case feet work. Here is completely dried and impossible to break apart!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

With the dremel (which today died!!) I used the sanding bit to clear the top and bottom parts for any leftovers from the glue and the sticks!

[​IMG]

To protect the surface from being scratched, I used these ....thingies! ;p

[​IMG]

So for the final touch, I did 2 different drawings on each pair of feet. Why is that? Uneven technique !!(read the thread!) Also remember that is a project which emphasizes 2 things in one! Totem (Tote) and technology(technika).Go it? :) The final touch : mahogany gloss varnish!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I did the drawings in a freehand style cause I wanted to look like traditional and not like factory made style.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thank you for watching, please feel free to comment, ask any question or have a random chit chat!! Peace!!

Last edited: 29 Jan 2010
  5. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

I ll probably move on another house in a couple of weeks if everything goes "ok" .....
    So the mod will be delayed, not so much but as you can see it will take me some more time to finish it...
    Wish me good luck guys cause I really need it in my personal life.
    And please comment on each modders worklog like mine cause we work so hard and we need your presence in our worklogs. Thanks! :)

6. Bad_cancer

Bad_cancer Mauritius? 2nd speck east of africa

I'm really liking those feet! Great work as usual. You come up with the craziest ideas! :thumb:

And good luck bro. Life always picks up, just wait it out and you will see that everything will be fine again soon enough. :D

7. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Thanks brother! :)
    I will need the positive vibrations as Bob Marley said! :) Life sometimes its cruel sometimes its more... Thank you brother for giving me courage to move on.

8. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

I would like to announce you my new sponsor :

[​IMG]

Razer one of the best gaming peripheral companies joined the project, so officially now our family is bigger!

I would like to thank my personal friend and amazing person mr. Robert Krakoff and also mr. Christoffer Suess for their valuable help and support!

9. Bad_cancer

Bad_cancer Mauritius? 2nd speck east of africa

Told ya! :thumb:

10. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Awesome job man this is pure art

i can;t wait to see how this one turns out:thumb:

11. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

LoL yeah brother, now I have to find a house! ;p

Thanks buddy!! I think it will be nice, I have more surprises till the end, hopefully it will bond nicely! :) :D

12. Shadow703793

Shadow703793 What's a Dremel?

Using the mouse pad on the case feet was brilliant.

13. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

LoL thanks buddy, but I didnt do that! ;p
    As you can see they are special stickers which are meant to be used there, even that Idea would be nice too, I never thought of that! :)
    I used the mouse pad to create fetches (cable management pass through thingies ;p) !!

14. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

epic stuff man! congratz on the sponsor! you deserve it ;)

15. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Thank you my brother! Nice to see you back! Hows work? :)

16. Raiden

Raiden Portuguese reviewer

Congrats on the new sponsor , you must tell me the secret of it by pm :D

What will you receive of Razer?

My knownledge about Indian tribes was good but i dont remember much now , i see too many stuff LOL

Keep up the good work ! Im inspired to do a wooden case thanks to your project .. :D

17. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Thanks Raiden! I dont have a secret mate I do what all the other guys do, many emails and a lot of work and effort! :)
    I am not sure yet, I wait my package to arrive and I will update with pictures etc! :)
    I am glad I could inspire you my friend, I am happy that I can give ideas as I cant get ideas from other modders too! :)

18. razerguy

razerguy What's a Dremel?

Wonderful work AnG3L, some of the most innovative mods I've seen in my 12 years at Razer. Keep up the amazing work and more sponsors will come:clap: C'mon everyone, spread the word.

19. Shadow703793

Shadow703793 What's a Dremel?

Ahh.... I swear that looks like a cut mouse pad on the case feet :D

20. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

Very nice mod, I always like wood in a mod