1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Silverstone SFF PC fits full size graphics cards

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 26 Apr 2010.

1. Sheiken

Sheiken Wat?

It appears that my shuttle might face early retirement....

2. Indybird

Indybird Why are you reading this?

Aww man, I just built high-end gaming PC with a SG05. We were kinda limited by the size of the graphics and CPU cooler in that case. This one would've been perfect!

By the way he wanted a computer that was not only easy to carry around to LAN parties, but that would also be very unique.

3. 500mph

500mph The Right man in the Wrong place

I know what my next build will be. I wonder what the case sides look like.

4. Xir

Xir Modder

well it's not on their website, but I can show you what the lianli looks like :D

Looks like the PSU-Depth is limited though...and the PSU is limiting the cooler hight.
    I like how the graphics card cooler will intake from the bottom, in combination with an "exhausting" graphicscard, only little heat (backside PCB) should remain in the chassis.

The Silverstone puts the PSU completely out of the way as it seems, there might even be room for a full size cooler the way it looks.
    You'd have to turn it 90° though, as there's no exhaust on the back...
    Shame it's not on their website.

[​IMG]

Last edited: 26 Apr 2010
  5. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

My thinking with the Lian Li would be to have the Corsair H50 using the fan vent on the roof.

6. NightrainSrt4

NightrainSrt4 What's a Dremel?

Except the QMicra was mATX, and almost double the volume.

It's a nice case. I don't like the front they've got going now, but maybe they will have a different front when it comes out.

The last 3 computers I have owned, aside from my server/HTPC, have only had one expansion card, and that being a GPU. No need to take up a huge amount of space when it can be done smaller and more compact.

7. lukenlogs

lukenlogs What's a Dremel?

Years ago, I built an HTPC for my brother's small apartment & his Samsung 47" and used the SG01 case, and the thing still rocks strong. I don't see much difference between this case and the old SG-01 except for the missing extra drive bay(s) in the front, which I used for a single Blu-Ray drive and a multi-format card reader. The extra fans look nice, but I suspect they might be superfluous. Plus, no extra drive bay will require an external card reader. That old case fit everything just fine and I didn't even have to use the extra FX-121 fan to keep the case cool. The SG-01 fits a full power supply, and you don't need a foot-long vid card to play the latest games. Sorry, this one doesn't beat the SG-01, IMO. Am I missing something?

8. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Luken - SG01 is MicroATX, this is mini-ITX which is significantly smaller.

9. lukenlogs

lukenlogs What's a Dremel?

Not really
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MicroATX

Dimensions of the SG-01 I built are: 263 mm (W) x 216 mm (H) x 393 mm (D)
    I can't seem to find dimensions for the SG-07. Still, no-space for a card reader & too many fans still makes it a don't-buy in my book.

10. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Too many fans? It has ONE: 18cm. And, PSU, which they all have.

Card reader: USB?

It's several centimetres smaller in both directions. Not a massive amount, no, but still more mobile than MicroATX :)

11. Xir

Xir Modder

There's no pictures of the sides... As the front and back are solid, all the air has to come from the top-18cm fan, right?

I prefer the BTX-Style, suck-in-front-blow-out-rear, but it's very rare in µatx and microATX

12. sleepygamer

sleepygamer More Metal Than Thou

Ooh. I rather like that. It's a slick design, and you could fit a fully capable gaming system next to your HDTV. I like it.

I can see now why people like diddy builds, even though I myself prefer cases to be somewhere around the size and mass of the sun.

13. Denis_iii

Denis_iii What's a Dremel?

i'm likeing, now just need something like the msi 890GX matx board in uitx format

14. Blackie Chan

Blackie Chan What's a Dremel?

I want it!

15. retrogamer1990

retrogamer1990 What does 'Stock' Mean?

Oh yeah, my bad :) I read ITX as ATX I think

16. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

They did have one and there is plenty of grills in the right areas, but it's not final yet iirc so I'll show it in the final review :)

17. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

The closest thing you'll get is a J&W 785G with AM3 socket on mini-ITX. Rarer than rocking horse **** I'd guess by now.

18. Omnituens

Omnituens What's a Dremel?

Hm, is there a decent mITX 775 board with x16 PCI-e slot? was thinking of putting SFF machine together using spares around my room, would just need the board and this case.

19. Hg

Hg The game known as life

20. vampalan

vampalan What's a Dremel?

Looking good!

Tags: Add Tags