1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Scansure

Discussion in 'General' started by rizla4, 23 Jan 2010.

1. rizla4

rizla4 What's a Dremel?

I was multitasking, so I was kinda running blind. :duh:

2. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

Can i buy scansure for my car?

3. crash32953295@msn.

crash32953295@msn. What's a Dremel?

So so true.

I just ordered from Scan checked the price and wondered why it had added scansure but it clearly said it on the checkout page, scrolled down found the option and unticked,

I can see why they do it and for some it is nice to have that security, So I dont see it as a bad thing, you just have to check what you have when you go to checkout, which you should always do anyway.

4. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

You cant scansure a car?

5. difdif

difdif What's a Dremel?

Also caught in the Scansure insurance scam

I've also been caught out with the Scansure insurance scam - the insurance was automatically added to my basket. I thought I'd taken it out, but then got an email with the policy document. I've checked the invoice and found they have charged for it.

Perhaps I didn't read the final order page completely, but since I thought I'd de-selected this insurance it's annoying to find I've paid for it. Trying to get the money back probably isn't worth the hassle, but I won't use Scan computers again because of these extra charges.

6. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

Always check your order before you press confirm.

7. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

LOL

It's not a scam.... it's your own fault for not reviewing the contents of your basket before checking out. You should do that anyway. What if you accidentally clicked a product twice, and ordered two of them... you know... sometimes your browser is slow to respond, so you assume it wasn't working.. click again, and put 2x things in your basket... never done that? I have. Who's fault would THAT be?

They probably put it on by default because the profit hit a company like Scan must take from retards buying the wrong stuff, or trying to build PCs when they haven't a clue must be horrific. I don't blame them.

Just check your basket... as you should be doing that anyway.

8. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

I think scansure a good thing, I never use it myself but there's so many people building computers now that dont really know what they are doing I think its needed for them

9. b0ng0

b0ng0 Reddomitlum

I find it annoying that you can choose "No" but then enter your card details and it defaults back to "Yes".

This recently happened to me and I think I might start shopping at eBuyer and Overclockers.co.uk.

10. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

I dont order stuff online any more with scan .
    I had things that I ordered and paid for become out of stock right after paying to often and it take's around 10 day's to get a refund.
    I just phone the order in now.

11. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

I just drive there... 40 minutes max:rock:

12. tipz69

tipz69 What's a Dremel?

I've just accidentally ordered scansure with a case.

Sent them an email through their contact pages (selected the "Cancelling order" check box to jump the queue) and within 5 minutes they've removed it from my order, replied to my email and refunded the cost. No harm done. :thumb:

13. theevilelephant

theevilelephant Minimodder

Yup that's the only thing that I don't like, once I've un-ticked it it should stay that way. Apart from that I like the idea.

14. chrismarkham1982

chrismarkham1982 Multimodder

everytime i untick it stays that way, ive never seen it go back on:confused:

15. c0ldfused

c0ldfused What's a Dremel?

I agree that Scansure shouldn't be selected by default, but its a good option for those who have never built a PC before. But then again I would double check what I was ordering.... I've ordered from Scan before and I've always experienced a great service and this doesn't put me off from buying products from them again.

I mean really??? To whine about it and then say I'll shop elsewhere? Fine.....
    And the sad thing is, you probably won't.... most of the products on Scan are cheaper than anywhere else. You'll just buy it - uncheck the Scansure and the END.

/Rant Over
    That feels better :)

16. chrismarkham1982

chrismarkham1982 Multimodder

:lol: but very very true, ive never known a company to provide the level of customer service that scan provide

17. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Gotta agree with the OP in this case, they shouldn't stick it in the basket by default and if they're going to do such an underhand thing as to do that then they should be prepared to issue refunds to those who notice before their products arrive.

Yes, you can see it fairly clearly, but it's still rude. You'd expect it from Comet, but if Scan want to be better than Comet (Or Ryan "scum" Air) then they shouldn't do things like this.

18. Akava

Akava Lurking...

This. Plain and simple. It sucks that you got caught by it, but it is entirely your own fault.

19. Boscoe

Boscoe Electronics extraordinaire.

To offer a good service to their customers? I for one thinks it's a very good idea, a careless slip with a new £200 piece of kit and it money down the drain. It's not that much really.

20. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

I got asked before my payment details if i wanted scan sure **** am i going to say no

It basically covers any possible retardation, i never seen anything that openly said that they would replace it if you broke it while installing, most times i see companies making it seem that way but accidental damage does'nt in the end count.

Admitadly i can see how someone would be annoyed on a whole system but to cover its delivery to you and safe install i would be more than happy to add that extra £20

Tags: