1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress HP Blackbird 002

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by MrBean, 28 Sep 2008.

1. transparentK

transparentK What's a Dremel?

THANKS SO MUCH MAN, I finally got everything off except for the back cover. it seems like its the only thing left keeping the "skeleton" together. Do you know how to get it off? ive removed all visible screws but it seems like its stuck on something right around where the lowest pci clip thing is. (yes i unlocked all the clips). thanks again!

2. MrBean

MrBean Minimodder

I am currently travelling, so unable to look - once again though, I think there are one or two screws below the PCI slots or PSU bracket - you might have to remove the PSU bracket at the back to get to those.

I can check on Friday though, will be back home in the afternoon - I guess that's Thu night your time....

3. MrBean

MrBean Minimodder

Good morning from NSW, Australia everyone :)

You know what the worst part about modding is - those times you cannot get to it if you want to! My Wife has just informed me UPS has delivered my new Koolance dual-DDC reservoir, and a few other goodies, and of course, I will only be back home tomorrow night :( Blegh....

Oh well, at least I have lots to do on Saturday, I hope my tubing from GAMMODS will arrive in time. Should have enough left over to finish off things though, so check back for an exciting watercooling-redo update!

I have also ordered a bunch of goodies from our friends over at MDPC-X in the EU, and this parcel too have been posted, but this will take a little longer to arrive. Should have it by next wekeend though, then I can finalise the sleeving and few remaining items.

Will keep you posted.

4. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

I know the feeling-mine comes in tomorrow-I had to grab one too, after the EK debacle.

5. MrBean

MrBean Minimodder

Yeah, that's another story - I have 2 of those 5970 EK nickel blocks, one each on my and the Wife's systems..... :(

6. MrBean

MrBean Minimodder

Hello Everyone,
    A small update -> Some of my goodies was delivered on Thursday, so I am posting a few pics of this. I am still awaiting my tubing, and this will most likely only be delivered on Monday :(

I have also decided to pick up 2x new V3.2 DDC's from PC Case Gear in Melbourne, so hopefully those I will have on Tuesday.

I will then remove and keep the dual V3.2's, mounted to the Dual Watercool Top, and doing duty in my PC currently. I will also get a few new fans from this supplier - so, hoping my MDPC-X package will also arrive end of this coming week (Nils did a great effort of shipping this very speedily, thanx Mate!), I will have a very good modding weekend, as I would like to sleeve pump-cables, new Fan-cables, PSU et al.

Easier to do this all at once, so please check big update during the week, and next weekend.

I am also awaiting 2x of the SmartGLCD boards, they were delayed for over 6 weeks, but DHL should deliver them either tomorrow of Tuesday - andat least 1 will find it's way into this mod......pending it's physical size.

But, enough babble, herewith a few pics of the goodies that came in this past Tuesday.....

My new Koolance RP-401X2 reservoir, from all possible angles - please note that this will be fitted with 2x new DDC 3.25 pumps - in the photos, a blanking plate is visible where one pump must go. Once I have the new pumps, hopefully tomorrow night, I will post a few pics of it assembled.

This setup will, however, work really well with this mod, and thanx to Koolance for the beautiful, yet very functional, design :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and a last one

[​IMG]

Herewith the pretty nice bit of tubing that will allow running both pumps in series, as well as the bit that goes in the fron to 'link' the 2x reservoirs together - by default this reservoir comes setup in dual-loop, i.e. parallel configuration, I will be running single-loop serial-mode though.

Also visible is a nice Koolance TMS-18 flowmeter that will be connected to the TMS-200 controller board....

[​IMG]

and

[​IMG]

7. MrBean

MrBean Minimodder

and a quick few of the Koolance TMS-200 controller and optional daughterboard, which will allow automatic control of both pumps, various temperatures, and in my case, due to serial-mode operation of 2x DDC pumps, a single flowmeter.

This should give some protection to the system in case of pump-failure, althouh I am running punmps in series for redundancy anyway. Overkill, most likely, but nice and fancy.

[​IMG]

and back-side PCB's

[​IMG]

and the bits and pieces that came with the main controller - mine will be mounted in a PCI slot, as the 5.25" drive-bay will be accommodating the Koolance Reservoir.....there are more sensors and cables that came with the optional daughterboard, but no need to post a pic of them, hehe - we all know what cables and sensors look like....

[​IMG]

8. MrBean

MrBean Minimodder

Placeholder

9. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

That is quite a fancy reservoir, I like it. I was looking at those Koolance control units at one stage as well, they look pretty reliable. One of my friends has just become a Koolance supplier so I may take a look what he has on offer.

10. MrBean

MrBean Minimodder

Yeah, I have the mCubed bigNG too, but although a nicely designed, compact unit, it lacks software updates - sad - but it seems the TMS-200 is going the same way, but at least the code (although it being VB6) is available......

Let me know your friend's url, please, once his store is up and running..... :)

But you're right, the res is pretty seksi - but I won't see any of it, ok, maybe if we peek behind the drive-bay lid/cover on the front of the BB case......I simply got it due to it's extremely practical nature....

11. The boy 4rm oz

I'll PM you his url.

12. MrBean

MrBean Minimodder

Thanx Mate, appreciated :)

13. MrBean

MrBean Minimodder

Just ordered 2x DDC V3.25 Pumps too, and will pick them up from the supplier tomorrow.

Nice, tomorrow evening I will assemble the reservoir :)

14. The boy 4rm oz

They are a good pump, I have one of the 18w ones (yet to use it but have tested it), extremely quiet, more so than a D5.

15. MrBean

MrBean Minimodder

Yep, I have 2x 3.2's, and an older MCP350 too.....just thought a good time to get the newer 3.25's......

This way I can keep my rig running over the next few days while assembling the reservoir et al....

16. Evenge

Evenge Minimodder

Nice to see this project is alive! :thumb:

17. MrBean

MrBean Minimodder

Me too :rofl:

About time I got this going again!

18. MrBean

MrBean Minimodder

Hello Everyone,
    Just picked up 2x new Laing DDC 3.25's, as well as 4x NB-Multiframe M12-P's this afternoon.

Had a lot to do for my real job, already 23h00 and not yet finished with everything, so I will start with fitting pumps to the Koolance-res tomorrow evening, when I will post pics of the new toys to.

Check back then, and ideas/feedback/critisism et al, as always, appreciated.

Best regards,
    mrbean

19. Razer2007

Razer2007 Building Proxima

Hey MrBean, dit lyk goed man!

Looks like a nice case to mod. Just like a G5.

20. MrBean

MrBean Minimodder

Dankie Razer, goed om van jou te hoor :)

I am really embarressed about the G5-casemod not progressing, gotta get back to that one soon. Will start with it once this mod is complete, but so much going on at work, I don't always have the time for modding - just extremely busy :(

But, that's life.

Enjoy CT, and look forward hearing from you again!

Last edited: 21 Jun 2011
Tags: