1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Girl advice

Discussion in 'General' started by Seeks, 5 Sep 2011.

1. Blarte

Blarte Moderate Modder

Keep us posted fella ...

Women are a mystery to vast majority of blokes... the remaining few just don't really care that much

2. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Hey, they're not a mystery to me, and I care.

I was raised by women, though, and usually get confused for a raging ***, so yeah.

I still say that asking real people about this would be more constructive. If he doesn't feel he can, well then, that's the iceberg tip of a much wider problem. If you can't talk to your friends or family about her, you'll probably struggle to talk to her about her, and without good communication the relationship will last about as long as a fart in the wind.

DISCLAIMER: if you are offended by the apparently homophobic language used in this post, get over it, I'm not a homophobe.

Last edited: 6 Sep 2011
  3. Blarte

Blarte Moderate Modder

sorry ...addition to last entry ...

dont car..or are gay .. <smirk>
    lol

4. Seeks

Seeks Minimodder

I covered this before. Friends -> Abroad on Holiday. All my close friends went off to NZ for the world cup after graduating, me.... I couldnt afford it so started Work :p, Been here a week and as I said I don't have a feel for who I could trust within the people I have met. Thats mainly because I have been between sites and not really been in one place long enough to get a feel. I wouldnt really want to talk to my parents about it, and my brother I have been trying but he wont pick up and as he is 6 hours drive away hardly possible. I could email but he doesnt really check it.

Then previously I also said why I asked bit-tech.... I guess there is a certain sense of anonimity and detachment I can get, but yeah... most my reasons were there. I can fully understand where you are coming from though :) if I could I would be talkign to my friends :p

5. Seeks

Seeks Minimodder

cheeky flirting and banter is going really well. She does seem to good to be true, I just asked her if she had ever played potal as I thought she would like it and she had a go at me

"Who do you think I am?!?!?!?!?!? Of course I have played and finished all of them!"

I was going to invite her round to have a go if she hadn't.

mvagusta likes this.
  6. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

be funny if this turned into a sex panther story again.. but please think about some kind of twist to it like it was really a man or you were attacked from behind and never seen it coming

7. Blazza181

Blazza181 SVM PLACENTA CASEI

Alright.. now...

What if Big Jim appears?

8. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

I reckon it's a trap.

9. Krog_Mod

Krog_Mod Minimodder

My only big piece of advice would be to not dawdle on this. Ask her on a date. Nothing too crazy, don't get "romantic", just keep it nice and fun, something you both will enjoy and give you further things to talk about/ lead to you guys getting to know each other better. I do repeat: keep it fun and be wary of early "romantic" stuff (it screams of desperation to most women... sends em running).

Whatever the case.. just ask her out on a date. For all intents and purposes you sound like you're doing just fine as it is. Just man up and tell her you want to take her out on a date.

I got a tip from a couple friends of mine (women) saying that they like men who are decisive. So bonus points if you plan it out without asking "Where do you want to go? or Do you want to go to ________?" Asking questions like "How do you feel about _____ food?" is okay. Keeping a bit of mystery and surprise is a good thing. :D

And no matter what a certain bit of advice from a certain unnamed website may tell you, spending exorbitant amounts of money on a girl will not help you in the slightest, in fact it will more than likely hurt you. So, no ridiculously overpriced restaurants and/or gifts unless you're The Monopoly Man and you really really like the place and/or gift.

Edit: Good Luck! You probably don't need it though. :D

Last edited: 7 Sep 2011
    mvagusta and Seeks like this.
  10. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

also it might help if you get a handlebar mustache..

11. Seeks

Seeks Minimodder

Brilliant advise, have some rep :)

I would love to grow one but I cant really. Its getting better but not good enough to be able to grow a proper one. It would have won me man points with "Big Jim" when he appears ;)

12. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

There's a sex joke in there somewhere...

Honestly, though: just invite her for some games (and I hope you have a console... 2 player Eff Tee Double-You in this case).

Tekken/Wipeout/something moderately competitive, a drink or two, and you have a great gaming session with a chick you're into, and some VERY likely physical contact, which is a critical part of building attraction... who knows where that leads.
    However: don't be a hyper-competitve *****, and lose once in a while... without making it obvious.... :) It's not about winning, it's about both of you having fun. :naughty:

13. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

Definitely, listen to Benanat, he's the master :hip:

14. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Play Little Big Planet. Just owning the game is like owning a puppy: it's a chick magnet. :)

Krog_Mod likes this.
  15. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

For the record (before I get someone QQing here all "but you said physical contact, so I groped her butt... now she's sueing me"):
    By "Physical contact" I mean stuff like mock fighting, showing her the controls, maybe some tickling... i don't mean "grope_teh_boobies!!11!shift+1"

Nexxo: I'm gonna have to get me a PS3 now just to test that... :p

16. Boogle

Boogle What's a Dremel?

Not sure if anyone has posted this yet - she's not playing you.

Now, I'm not sure how many hours you've been with her, but you're getting close to needing to close. If you don't close, you'll shift into the friend zone. She'll see you as a great guy, and she won't want to jeopardize how you make her feel by adding sex into the equation.

Go out with her to a public venue of your choosing. Remember you're the man, you need to be in control. That doesn't mean dominate everything, but you always know what to do - you have your act together. Pay close attention to her body language. Make sure to touch her, hand on her arm, hand, etc. You'll get an immediate reaction as to whether she likes it or not. If she likes it and everything goes well, you need to bounce to your place. Don't say 'come over to my place'. Instead something like 'I've got some great new coffee/food/blah at my place, wanna give it a try?'.

One thing should lead to another, that's what you're going for. Don't tell her that you're talking to people about your relationship. Don't brag to anyone. Keep everything on the down low about anything sordid. Women are social, and they don't want to be branded a **** for example - anything you say can often end up back at her feet. You respect her too much to show her up in her circle of friends.

Good luck. And remember, there are plenty of other women out there. It's critical you don't see her as 'the one'. It'll come off in how you act and she'll lose interest. There really are plenty of women out there, and if it doesn't work out - put it down as a learning exp and move on.

walle and mvagusta like this.
  17. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

Are you 12 years old?

You've been like this for years, and it's becoming difficult to deal with :rolleyes:

BentAnat likes this.
  18. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

Yes, Yes, YES!

Although my missus doesn't like it :(

mvagusta likes this.
  19. Xir

Xir Modder

*getsoutthepopcorn*
    *Munch*
    This is going well :D

mvagusta likes this.
  20. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

Just ask her out for God's sake! Stop all this messing about and man up!

mvagusta likes this.