1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Games Workshop

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by [ZiiP] NaloaC, 17 Jan 2011.

1. Xye

Xye What's a Dremel?

Haha this takes me back. I dabbled when i was ALOT younger. Still have all my craply painted models and associated bits. Even have some of the original stuff. I never really stuck with one thing though so have quite a mix. Stopped collecting around 11-12 years ago now.

Started off with Space Marines, also have Sisters of Battle, Catachans, and Tau.

I was always of the "Big guns, don't let them get close" school of Battle...

2. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Ah. Got those, too, then.

Well, except the legs.

3. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

Guys how did you's find the grey halfords primer? I'm gona pick some up I think since I'm running out of skull white spray ( which is useless anyways)

Anyways,

First test wolf, - beard, hair and some other things need touched up. But quite pleased.

[​IMG]

Also, brush recommendations, what do you guys use?

4. philheckler

philheckler Used to be a pc enthusiast

I just picked a 5 pack of 'pro art' w9 sable brushes from hobbycraft for 17 quid a few weeks ago , i'm finding them exellent...

http://www.proarte.co.uk/Wallets,%20Brush%20cases%20gifts/wallets6,8,9,10.html
    unfortunately i managed to get supeglue on the tip of one them the other day :waah::duh: and although i just about managed to get it off the tip is now having problems holding a point..

Edit... love the wolf by the way , the fur pelt around his waist looks very nice....

Last edited: 17 Nov 2011
  5. philheckler

So i've almost finished the stonehorn , just the dangly bits on hooks to do now and then when the cork sheet arrives ill start on the base..

but i'd like your opinion on something...

Building the stonehorn part of this kit leaves you with a lot of spare bits...
    (
    I have done a small conversion :dremel: and added one piece from the stonehorn behind the rider (tall wood thing with round toothed hoop and horns) , i also attached a big hook to the back of it where i'm hanging the prisoner' that came with the kit..

pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So what do you all think too much ? or ok ...

6. knightyc

knightyc CPC refugee

wow looks awesome :) its never too much its warhammer lol

7. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

Reading up on fantasy stuff. Really can't pick an army ATM. Between lizards, empire, elves and tomb kings

Soo hard to choose

8. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

I was always torn between skaven, tomb kings and dwarves for my 'if i ever started fantasy i'd go for...' armyy

9. m0o0oeh

m0o0oeh Minimodder

Well, I've officially taken the plunge and accepted two challenges. I have to do the following in a week:

Buy a Batallion [check]
    Build a Batallion [check]
    Paint a Batallion
    Game with the Batallion.

I bought and built it in a day, so all I have left to do is paint it, and find a game - my mate is gonna run me an intro game at 1000pts against his Skaven, so I have to paint a few models in a little under 6 days now... Yay!

I have until December 24th to complete the following:
    Buy a Super-Heavy for Apocalypse
    Build a Super-Heavy for Apocalypse
    Paint a Super-Heavy for Apocalypse
    Game with the Super-Heavy for Apocalypse.

Tied in with aforementioned challenge, I have to build a 3000 point Apocalypse army, including aforementioned Super-Heavy.

So, today saw the purchase and assemblage of the WoC Batallion, tomorrow will see the purchase of *a* Super Heavy for use in conjunction with my BT's - provided I can get them going by Christmas Eve, and yeah, go from there.

So, bugger Christmas presents for people - moar plastic crack for me!

10. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

Similar challenge to myself, only mine is build a High elf army, and paint a high elf army

11. liratheal

That stonehorn looks lovely, Phil.

I've been, between Saints Row 3, working on the Red Scorpions:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Edit:

Girlfriend watching X-Factor, I paint tank >.>

[​IMG]

Last edited: 20 Nov 2011
  12. liratheal

Done some more work on the redeemer.. Well, the flamestorm cannons and the assault cannon >.>:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

looking good there, alot better than the shamly painted models i have...
    but then...ive poor motor control in my fingers...so i have an excuse :D

14. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

the yellow sections look a little off... the angles, imo it would be better if it matched the angles of the tank...

that said i'm crap at freehand painting [my hands shake]... everything of mine is/was drybrusing and washes...

15. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Nice work on the Land Raider thus far liratheal, looking good.
    Excellent work philheckler, looks great, although i'm not too sure what it actually is lol, 40k was more my style lol.

For those interested I have chosen to sell off my miatures due to me not touching them for over 7 years and lack of space to store them. Check out this thread for more details:
    http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?p=2881931#post2881931

Last edited: 22 Nov 2011
  16. liratheal

Yeah, I know what you mean about the yellow angles, I was just following the paint scheme shown in err.. Siege of Vraks 2 I think.

Thanks chaps!

17. mikemorton

mikemorton Minimodder

This is a quick update to say construction of my Forge World Mk IV Dreadnought is now almost complete.

I finished the model with a right arm Inferno Cannon and left Close Combat Arm.

At liratheal's suggestion, I'm going to go with a Black Templars scheme, and I added the Templars' Maltese cross emblem from leftover plastic Dreadnought Mk V parts.

My only concern is the fact that I also went for the moulded base, which sees the Mk IV stomping over a dead Chaos Mk IV, the engine of which is protruding from the ground.

It would have been nice to have had one or the other in contrasting colours, but that's life.

Anyway, my overall impression of the parts is very good. The highlights are the sarcophagus, which is beautifully sculpted and moulded, and the base, for the same reasons.

The armour on the legs was mis-moulded, and I had to do some remedial work.

Also, the flat panels on the shoulders suffered from some sink marks.

In order to fill and sand the panels flat, I had to remove the rivet detail.

This meant I had to use a punch and die set to reapply the rivets to the whole model in order to keep everything uniform, which took ages.

The rivets are made out of white plastic card and look large compared with the light grey resin, but are actually similar to the original moulded resin rivets.

The back of the Inferno Cannon also suffered from some moulding problems, and I filled these with putty and spruced up the finished area with some extra details and pipework.

The barrels of the Storm Bolter and Inferno Cannon were drilled out, as was the little ignition flamer. I also drilled out the four exhausts and the holes in the cooling jackets.

The engine unit itself and the four exhaust pipes did not fit flush with the back of the sarcophagus.

To cure this problem, I added a plastic card standoff and hid the resulting gap with some plastic strip and three bolt heads made with another punch and die set to try to make the part look as if it might belong there.

The Forge World resin was soft enough to be easy to work with, but hard enough to hold sharp detail.

One of the tips of the Close Combat claw was broken off, so I applied some superglue, sprayed it with accelerator and sanded it to shape, hopefully blending it into the resin part.

The final thing I did was to drill a hole in the ball joint of the legs and a corresponding hole in the socket of the sarcophagus, and superglue a length of wire to the legs.

I can now slot the top half of the Dreadnought over the wire and keep it mobile, which helps when deciding on the final pose, and will definitely help with the painting.

So I'm now left with several sub-assemblies - there is too much detail to put it all together and paint it in one go.

I've got the arms and body, the legs and base, the Space Marine's helmet (so I can paint the eyes) and the claw attachment.

I have taken some pics and will post them when I can work out how to!

I suppose I spent four days on the model, working the odd hour on it here and there.

Sorry for rambling, but I've enjoyed myself and wanted to share. :)

EDIT - I tried to use the bit-tech album facility, but it wouldn't let me upload. I got two error messages - the first asked for a security token and the second just said upload failed.

So it's good old Flickr for now:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13335322@N05/6384809733/in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13335322@N05/6384819011/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13335322@N05/6384813855/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13335322@N05/6384823591/in/photostream/

Last edited: 22 Nov 2011
  18. mikemorton

mikemorton Minimodder

It's very OK Phil - what a great paint job too!

Please show us some more pics when you can.

19. philheckler

Ok - finished model pics coming up , spent a bit longer on the pics this time....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. m0o0oeh

m0o0oeh Minimodder

Yuna doll from FFX-2 Lira?