1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Macro Black

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by macroman, 1 Jan 2002.

1. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

2. Dr Gruney

Dr Gruney What's a Dremel?

3. Dr Gruney

that vfd thang?

how was the 4 button keypad made... and what software is running it?

:confused: :confused:

4. Dr Gruney

another ?

how was the led graph made? i wish the sites for the vfd had more info

5. Wyzzord

Wyzzord What's a Dremel?

6. Cool Hand

Cool Hand King of the park

dont bother with tweakbox...they are for sale and not accepting any orders.....

[​IMG]

7. dreamnid

dreamnid What's a Dremel?

Hey!

I also signed up for these forums just to say what a great job you did.

Also, I would love to see your case featured on MaxiumumPC. You should consider e-mailing them about your case and most likely, it would be the "Rig of the Month." Perhaps instead of the normal one page, they will use at least 2 to show all the mods you have :). E-mail I think is info@maximumpc.com . Good luck!

8. Da Fan Man

Da Fan Man What's a Dremel?

Hey,

All I can say is WOW, that thing OWNZ me, lol, anyway the fiber optic stuff really interests me as it solves a couple problems I was having with how to get the light to the front of my case from a few things I am building.

I found a good place to get the Fiber Optic cable but I am wondering what diameter you used, how you attched it to the LED and how you made it shine thru the faceplate, did you just drill a tiny hole and stick the actual fiberoptic cable thru it or what?

Thanks for the info
    And an awesome mod!!

-Matt

9. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Welcome to the forums Fan man and everyone else that hasn't yet been greeted properly ;)

I'm sure macro will be here to answer your Q's soon so sit tight

10. macroman

macroman The One

11. macroman

macroman The One

The full article will be getting posted soon. :D

12. Da Fan Man

Da Fan Man What's a Dremel?

Thanks Macroman,

I can't wait for the finished article on the fiber optics stuff. I was planning on a similar baybus to the one in the macroblack case only I could not figure out how to do the lighting, didn't want LED's or BarGraph displays, the Fiber Optics looks like it would work perfectly.

Got one more quick question,

Would I want This type of Fiber Cable (First one on page)
    http://www.fiberopticproducts.com/danise/cart.pl?db=stuff.dat&category=jacketedfiber

or this type (again first one on page)

http://www.fiberopticproducts.com/danise/cart.pl?db=stuff.dat&category=endglowcable

Thanks SOOOOO much

Matt

Last edited: 16 Jan 2002
  13. Sinitus

Sinitus What's a Dremel?

Hey!
    I don´t know if this came up earlier (I´m just too lazy to read 11 pages) *LoL* but what is the light transmission value for the chrome film? And would the effect be cool if you covered a whole clearcase in this film?

14. Jii Dee

Jii Dee What's a Dremel?

The disappearing window trick gave me an idea, however i'm low on time and cash so i thought i'd throw the idea out here in hopes someone would pick it up and do it.
    Its not as lengthy as what macroman did wit the tint but here goes.
    To any who have seen the lord of the rings and seen the effect where the script on the ring appears in red fire when the ring is heated, i was thinking of using the same trick to do the same on a case window backlit with some red leds.
    If i've got this right all you need to do it cut out a stencil of the script and spray paint the window around it and put some of the back tint behind it. when the stencil is remove it should appear as if the whole thing is black until the leds are turned on and you see the words glow red.
    Ok maybe thats not exactly how it could be done but i'm sure one of you more experience Hard nuts can figure out how to improve it.
    :cool:

Last edited: 23 Jan 2002
  15. BoilermakerFan

BoilermakerFan What's a Dremel?

:eek: I'm speechless. This case and macroman's PWM fan control have motivated me to register. I'm getting ready to dive into moddin' a new case and Macro Black has pushed me to the edge!
    My victim will be a Chenbro 610. I'm gathering my thoughts, ideas, and (most importantly) the how-to articles right now.

What is the ClearPC case made from? Is it Acrylic or Polycarbonate? Another hooby of mine is R/C vehicles and the bodies for the cars and trucks are made from Lexan. They sell a special paint with keytones to bond to polycarbonate. I don't know if it would work on acrylic, but I don't see why it wouldn't. It is more expensive than automotive paint, but cracks and spiderwebs are all but nonexistant! Plus there are a ton of metallics and pearls to choose from!

BoilermakerFan

16. smartfarm

smartfarm What's a Dremel?

So what are you going to do with the case now?

want to trade it?:cool:

17. eek

eek CAMRA ***.

Thats the most amzing case i have seen!!!!
    i am new to this modding scene, but after my exams i hope to get a new case and start my own mods :D

hmm, i suppose that glue works because both polycarbonates and keytones are polar molecules :\
    acrylic is a carboxylic acid, in which the carbon which makes up the functional group also has a induced polarity
    so, it may work...

then again, when has chemistry... make that anything we learn at school, ever been of use in the real world ;)

18. Alaric

Alaric code assassin

i dunno eek... calculus is quite useful when shopping :p

and diode V vs I graphs are essential :p

19. eek

eek CAMRA ***.

Now then, shall i buy a coolermaster case ?
    /me integrates f(x) = ( sinh(2x^2) sin(ix) ) / ( cosh(e^x) . . . . . . hmm yes i will buy my self a nice coolermaster case then!!! calculus really helped me go shopping :p

i suppose i will need to know some physics when i decide to bung some cold cathodes and wire some big beefy fans... if i can afford to :eek:

20. Alaric

Alaric code assassin

your missing a ')' on your function :p

Tags: Add Tags