1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other EA Wins the Worst Company of America award by The Consumersit

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by GoodBytes, 9 Apr 2013.

1. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Tangster likes this.
  2. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

Impressive work EA.

*claps*

3. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Bank Of America deserves this far more than EA does.

4. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

Many companies do, but they probably don't have anti-fanboys telling people to vote on g4m1ng f0rumz.

5. GoodBytes

Well, honestly, if you are not happy with Bank Of America, you can change banks. I don't get why people don't do this. Banks only looks at the numbers. If people start leaving for other banks, and it costing BoA several millions, NOW they'll work on improving things.

As for EA, you can't say: "Well.. I don't like EA, so I won't buy XYZ game with them.. I'll get XYZ published by another company". You are stuck to pick EA or ignore the game (which many do).

But in any case, remember that the Consumerist "Worst Company of America" award, is not to pin point bad companies that does bad things to the world or does the most unethical things, etc... it's about worst company at a consumer level. Consumers vote on which companies pissed them off the most, at a personal level, throughout the year.

It's designed to send a message to companies, that consumers don't like them, and if things aren't taken care of, than they might loose business. It's designed to help businesses do better. We all know the goal of a business, especially large one, is to maximize profit, and please share holders. Else it's a co-op. It's telling these companies that maybe they should cut a million or two out of their profits to improve their service relation with the consumer.

Last edited: 9 Apr 2013
    boiled_elephant likes this.
  6. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Good points GoodBytes.

I agree with this as a consumer of games. I've repeatedly been disappointed with the quality of EAs Games because they have become far more interested in profit than about what the game stands for.

Bogus and pointless DLC that demands you to buy it otherwise you can't really enjoy the game; Glitch filled atrocities such as the latest few FIFA games having terrible Server issues. Also, people sometimes pay for these DLC or for say; Extra players, don't get them; then find themselves out of pocket as a result. It's inexcusable. Their Customer Support has a 'Who Cares' sort of attitude too.

7. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

I'm saying that this contest is literally pointless (I don't go with BoA, but by god I know many people and have been with them before) because what this is indicating is that somehow the video games industry is worse than the banking industry. That's patently untrue. Yes EA absolutely rapes its customers, but if you look at it from a bigger scale, BoA clearly should've won..erm..lost. EA makes money by nickle and diming gamers. That's bad.

BoA, makes money by suggesting poor investments, handing out subprime loans, nickle and dime transcations on money, has generally abysmal service. Making a statement to a Bank would seem to me at least a better PSA than say, making an example of EA.

8. GoodBytes

That sounds like any other banks to be honest.
    But even if BoA wins this award, do you think that the banks will do anything, beside release a PR message saying that they are working hard in improving service, and take everything "seriously"?
    BoA doesn't care about it's image. It doesn't affect them. At worst, they'll drop mortgage rate at lower level, and people will switch banks to them, even if they know all the downside of the bank. It's sad, but true.

EA on the hand, it's a different story. And remember its a vote process. You have to consider that people that don't like BoA, don't know the site to vote. The majority of the consumer of BoA are perhaps (assumption), only visit big sites, like NBC News, CBS, Facebook, CNet at best... etc). So it's natural that you'll have EA wins. I know I am not explaining this clearly, as I don't know how to explain it well.... but to get the some sort of idea of what I trying to say is that it's like, in a simpler mater, if you go on a Mac fanatic website, and there is a vote for best OS. I can promise you that Windows won't win, as Windows users don't visit these pages to even vote.

9. fdbh96

fdbh96 What's a Dremel?

To be fair to BoA, most banks are pretty poor, whereas there are many game publishers with excellent customer support and are doing good stuff. EA got this award last year, said they would change then promptly released basically an offline online-only game and MoH warfighter which was a basically a template FPS game and rightly failed.

10. Dannyman191

Dannyman191 What's a Dremel?

2 years in a row! Don't forget that!

11. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

Nono, not the gaming industry... just EA :)

Its small amounts of money sure but thats not the point. They consistently charge people for things that arent ready to be played. Some people take days off work when there is a new release. Imagine if there was a WoW release riddled with bugs the first two days - it would be chaos!

The worst thing is that EA never learns from it, and prices keep going up. Thats why they suck.

12. MjFrosty

MjFrosty Minimodder

It's an internet poll, and who is more likely to be aware of an internet poll over average Joes?

Nerds :)!

They definitely deserve a spot on that list though.

13. rollo

rollo Modder

Surprised Apple does not get top spot in it all things considered.

They are easily the most hated company from internet trolls who would vote on such a thing.

EA more Hated than Apple for 2 years running that must be some epic miricle of the world.

14. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

They deserve it, for Origin alone.

15. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

They should have been joint first with Activision and Ubisoft, just my 2 cents.

16. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

**Glares at SimCity fiasco...**

17. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Agreed, however Ubisoft is not an American company.

18. Scroome

Scroome Modder

Well, the simply answer is that people are lazy, but I do say lazy loosely.

When people have been with their bank for a number of years, they could have multiple products with them, including larger term deposits and mortgages. Even though banks now provide switching services, they still take time and effort to do and not all your products can be transferred.

People don't want multiple products from multiple banks, so generally they moan about them but don't change that often.

The older a customer gets, the more likely this is.