1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Battlefield 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by sotu1, 15 Mar 2013.

1. benji2412

benji2412 <insert message here>

Are all your posts deliberately written in such a way as to come across as either condescending or arrogant?

2. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

This is, sadly, totally normal behaviour - yes.

3. tuk

tuk Don't Tase Me, Bro!

Your interpretation says more about you than me ...insecure much?

4. benji2412

I'm not sure how you think that makes me insecure, but what you said did come across as condescending. I'm sure he knows you can only play on one server at a time.

5. tuk

tuk Don't Tase Me, Bro!

The clue is at the end of your sentence.

It wasn't meant to be taken literally ..it was a joke only, deadpan is tricky on the internet, you should try it some time if you don't believe me, btw that's another joke I'm not actually suggesting you should try it :D

6. benji2412

Well that's you picking up on something that isn't there, I can assure you that I am not an insecure person.

But yes, it would seem that I mistakenly read that without context. Probably because you stated 'whiners gonna whine' about the current state of the BF4 crashes.

7. tuk

tuk Don't Tase Me, Bro!

You mistook a joke as someone looking down on you, even though the comment wasn't even directed at you, ...'secure' is not the first word that springs to mind.

but we can pretend it didn't happen, your secrets safe with me ;)

8. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

[​IMG]

9. benji2412

Time to queue patiently :p

10. benji2412

No, I thought your tone may have read as condescending to another forum user. But you're welcome to think whatever you like of me!

11. benji2412

On topic though I love operation locker, it's a much improved op metro.

12. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Anyone know if there is a show all players option on the BF4 battlelog?

13. stefan442

stefan442 Minimodder

Not that I am aware of, I have looked at the ranked players and you can look via country. Never looked much further than that.

14. tuk

tuk Don't Tase Me, Bro!

It's east to make a mistake, apology accepted, lets move on now:thumb:

15. Panomama

Panomama I once signed up on uniform dating

my tag is 'panomama' if anyone fancies some games soon!

16. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

You guys need to use the filters, like so:
    [​IMG]

Gives you:
    [​IMG]

:)

Also, some upcoming BL changes for you guys:

Loadout:
    [​IMG]

Live scoreboard:
    [​IMG]

Look for patch news later this week as well

17. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Just played with 4 mates all squaded up, despite quite a few crashes we had an AWESOME time!

A worthy successor to BF3, with better map design to boot. Its going to be a great two years people.

18. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I just had a 23 streak ended by CCXO :(

19. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Had my first high kill streak today (i.e with no deaths), 51-0 on zavod in the mbt. I kinda hate the fact that all the rpg's in this game now take no skill to use them, and are just point shoot with no regard for drop, angle etc. In bf3, you could save a few hits from rpg's by moving constantly, so you saved yourself from a few rpg's, now people just track their shot lol.

Right now I'd have to say my favourite maps are golmud, lancam damn, and rogue transmission. All the other maps seem to be littered with double story office buildings around them for people to pitch their tents up in.

As far as my loadout for tanks, if people on the enemy team are using mines, or it's a close proximity map, I go with thermal (not IRNV) (but even with thermal,the bloom effect is a bit much with things looking a bit overexposed if that makes sense), but even then the mines when spotted dont glow as bright an orange as they did in bf3 and it's easy to have spotted them and be looking elsewhere and still roll over them).

HMG, is a must. It's got great range, very little drop to it, and has a faster rate of fire compared to the one in bf3. The main thing is that it does damage to heli's, and less importantly to jeeps/boats etc.

As for the shell, no longer is a tank shell to a heli a one hit kill, unless you are using the HighExplosive shell, which has insane drop to it, so unless a heli is flying RIGHT over you, it's impossible to use for ranged shots. Even with zoom optics, against other tanks, the drop is ridiculous. The HE does however do 7 or so dmg more per shot than the standard shell against tanks, so if you can keep your engagements to close combat, you'll be better off with the he.

I tried the sabot, as I was given the impression that due to it's faster velocity, that it hit harder, albeit with less damage, making enemy heli's more likely to flip/lose control. Ultimately, I'm too used to the drop from bf3, so I've gone back to using the standard AP shell which still does a good amount of damage, and against a heli that isn't miles up, it will still throw it off course. Transport heli's also seem more susceptible to being knocked off course by the shell, so if the heli isn't too high, you can put enough dmg in from the hmg to either finish it off, or do enough that when it hits the ground it doesnt have enough health left to allow the vehicle to survive.

Reactive armour doesn't do what it did in bf3 (not sure if we've already mentioned this), but now instead of eating a shot, it just prevents you from getting critically disabled, and supposedly reduces the ammount of damage from a 90 degree shot to the sides. You still get critically disabled if you take an enemy take shot to the rear from another tank though.

As for what countermeasure to use, extinguisher is pointless, as you'd only use it if you weren't using reactive, but from what I gather it doesn't increase your health, it just takes away the critical state where you are stuck for four seconds.
    A lot of people are using active protection, but in bf4, when you spot someone and you are in close proximity to them, and within line of site, they stay spotted for a whopping 12 seconds. Both IR smoke and Smokescreen remove an enemy spot on you, both for 3d and normal spot. Only the IR smoke disrupts an enemy lock on from designators etc. Supposedly the Smokescreen countermeasure prevents an incoming guided from doing the fully monty of damage by'impairing target acquisition' etc. Personally I just use it since I know everyone and their mums are packing wire guided mbt law's and if I have to retreat, then I'd rather they not be able to see through the smoke, like you can with the IR smoke, than worry about lock ons. For the most part there doesn't seem to be too many people using the javalin, or the laser designator just yet. Maybe this will change in the coming months as more people unlock more things.

For the attack boat, if you have a friend in the second boat, or you are playing defensively, you can use;
    30mm canon, good dmg against infantry and enemy boats
    passive missiles (for use against air targets, works a treat. You get 4 shots, and you can fire all of them more or less one after the other, works great against noob jet pilots, does f all against a decent one, but neither does the burst canon one tbh)
    active protection

or if the air isnt bothering you too much
    tv missile, if you're playing lancam dam or paracel, you can fire these things across the map into the enemy uncap if you want, just means you'll have a few extra minutes of enemy boat free sailing. To take an enemy boat down with the tv missiles you need 4-5 of them. Each one immobilises the enemy boat so it's pretty much a sitting duck once the first one hits. If you fire one and he's seen you, and you see an incoming tv, deploy the active procection so that his tv gets eaten by the active protection and so that you don't also get disabled.
    30mm canon
    active protection

Hopefully some of this stuff will be of use to you guys.

Last edited: 12 Nov 2013
  20. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

Zavod 311 is my fav! I could play that all day! :D