1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

That is terrifying and hilarious!

2. JaccoW

JaccoW Overspender on keyboards

My local ice cream place uses these. She has it hooked up to her iPad.
    It's a lot easier if you can just hadn the customer the pin-machine and return it when they are ready. :)

3. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

4. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

[​IMG]
    x2, does almost everything my toughpad does, and cost £1500 less!

5. richythomas

richythomas Minimodder

Time for an upgrade and placed an order with Scan last night:

Intel Core i7 4790K
    ASUS Maximus VII Gene (ordered from Novatech as Scan don't have any in stock)
    ASUS GTX 980 4GB STRIX
    32GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance 1,866MHz
    256 GB Plextor PCIE M.2 SSD

At first, I wasn't sure about the Plextor M2 SSD purely on aesthetics but looking at the pictures of the Maximus VII Gene the M2 slot sits underneath the GFX card so should be hidden from view.

I regularly use multiple applications from Adobe Creative Cloud (After Effects and Premier Pro) and undertake a lot of development work using various instances of VM's running as pre-production environment which is why I've decided to max out with 32GB.

Was toying with X99 but couldn't justify the extra cost to myself.

Pictures and benchmarks to follow once delivered and assembled... :D

I will be re-using my 2x256 M4's, 2TB WD, Corsair 350D, Corsair 760 PSU, H100i, Corsair K50 & M65 and 2 X HP 2210's which will be upgraded to IPS panels but I need to work on my wife to let me do this (she's not very computer savvy and a monitor is a monitor to her).

6. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

The Summit DVD, doco about the 2008 K2 disaster,missed it while it was at the NZ film festival last year the beauty of alpine environments on the big screen must be amazing. Couldn't see it available on bluray either. Every few years I get obsessed about K2, half hoping that watching it will get rid of the crazy notion of training and saving to attempt it myself or I can use it to lust and motivate myself, i do need to loose a few kilos atm

Last edited: 20 Oct 2014
  7. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

I think I might need to join a support group...

[​IMG]

But on the other hand, this pair was a mere $415 (or £260 in old money) as customer returns in Best Buy, so it would have been rude not to.

Also picked up a Lenovo Yoga 2 11", i3, 4GB, 128GB, also for the equivalent of £260, which I'm feeling quite smug about.

8. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

If you find one, please let me know. I also need to attend...

9. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

Mines under control these days...

£260 for a Connect AND A PLAY:1!!!! WHERES MY CREDIT CARD!

[​IMG]
    Finally got myself a wireless gaming mouse as the wheel on my old Microsoft Habu has died

10. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

High Sierra Switch blade with side pocket for shoes. Winter is coming and I needed a bigger bag for the gym :D

[​IMG]

11. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

[​IMG]

iPhone 6 64GB Space Grey. Yes, I'm giving them another chance, mostly because they have me by the balls when it comes to app ownership for their platform. As I've said before, all told the apps I use at least once each week would cost almost £400 to re-buy on Android if I changed platform. If this phone turns out to be as bad at being a phone as the 5S it is replacing, it too will be sold and replaced by an HTC One M8, and I'll spend that £400 on apps. It tells you a lot about Apple's current standing with the iPhone when a day one iPhone customer of 7 years is more nervous about their new phone being problematic than excited about receiving it. You've changed, Apple.

andrew8200m likes this.
  12. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Shopping spree time:

[​IMG]
    12" hacksaw, 'cos I pity the fool trying to cut through lumps of metal with a sodding 6" junior hacksaw.

[​IMG]
    Blades, 24TPI

[​IMG]
    12" Set square, I should have bought one of these a decade ago.

[​IMG]
    Gundam marker, light grey, 0.2mm tip for doing panel lines on my R-type fighter when I get around to building that.

[​IMG]
    Velcro pads, for sticking things in place on a non-permanent basis ( are you actually reading this crap? )

[​IMG]
    Bolts.

[​IMG]
    More bolts.

[​IMG]
    Spirit level bubbles, for use on my camera slider.

[​IMG]
    Adult sex toy
    PVC apron for work.

[​IMG]
    Jogging bottoms; mmm, comfy.

[​IMG]
    "Russell Europe Mens Hydra-Shell 2000 Casual Waterproof Jacket"- a new coat- my current one is falling to bits and is 13 years old so...yeah.

[​IMG]
    4S 14.8v 4000mah 20c lipo, to power my camera slider motor(s). Was thinking about using Li-ion cells ( 18650 ) but trying to find genuine cells that aren't junk is no fun, so trusted lipo it is, and cheaper/small too.

[​IMG]
    Lipo voltage monitor & display

[​IMG]
    EC5 connectors

13. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

[​IMG]

New tips for my Solderpro 70 gas iron.

I didn't realise just how bad the old tip had gotten, until I fitted one of these! Bliss.

Those ones are actually for the model 50, but they work perfectly on the 70, and are a little bit cheaper. :D

14. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Ooohh, LiPo powered motorized camera slider. You clever photography enthusiast, you ;)

And yes, I am actually reading this crap :hehe: 12" try squares are Cheesecake and I would be lost without mine. I actually did lose it for a day and missed it badly for conduit installs. I also have tiny (10, 15 & 20cm) stainless steel engineers squares which come in very handy when designing and building small things.

Last edited: 23 Oct 2014
  15. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

That and this.
    Too bad that I got raped a bit by circumstances, and as such it doesn't look like the rest of my home recording/writing setup is happening anytime soon.

16. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

I want to give EZdrummer a go - I just picked up NI's DrumLab though. I'd be keen to hear how you get on with EZdrummer?

17. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

They seem to be VERY similar.
    The one thing I dislike about EZDrummer is that it has no Piano Roll for COMPLETE control, but I guess that's why they make superior Drummer as well.
    Besides, any half-decent DAW has one.
    It's very cool for conceptualising, though... and the producers involved in some of the samples show. That Metal! kit sounds AMAZE!

18. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

Not a truer word said! High five that man and have rep! I gave up and moved, spent just under £280 replacing my apps and my note3 is superb. I now am fortunate enough to be able to use either Apple or Android for everything I do so I can still make that choice, Android has many brands, designs and power levels, the only draw back with apple and their iphone.

19. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

Finally got a domain so I can get some web based stuff setup for my Server

20. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

Rep... for buying an Apple product...? Bit-tech has changed.

What apps do you guys use and what's the most you've paid for a single app? I think I've only got one 'paid' app on my phone, the one for hooking up to a car's diagnostics etc.