1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Not so much a demon, but an entire choir backed by an orchestra led by a conductor who has direct control of the projectile vomit button should his choir and orchestra's howling not be enough to scupper me.

Oddly though, they shut up when I'm mountain biking, perhaps they fear death more than I do.

2. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

That's the trick, finding the thing that quietens the fears down. For me it's my wife.

Before I met her I was just the same, convinced that I was going to fail at everything so I normally did. The doubts are still there and do creep up on me from time to time but it normally takes something else to set them off now, dissapointment and frustration are the two biggest starters.

3. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Sort have same thing with my girlfriend, after I split with my wife my life felt like it was in ruins and even made a half arsed attempt of suicide, tried keeping my head up then I met her.

Never had so much support, love and devotion in my life!

Now I feel like I could be Batman, if I was in good shape and had money :D

4. Almightyrastus

5. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Maybe I'll just dig a little pit in the sand (who am i kidding big pit) and bury my head in it. It'll all go away then right?

I feel like I've become good at being a **** up... like I've honed my skills. Most people are good at sports or art or something... I'm really good at being really bad... I'm not at the stage of it feeling normal yet but at this rate I'm sure i will. I'm sure deep down inside my head i'm not a complete idiot.. wish that side of me would come out

FUUUUCK. /rant over

edit: God i'm a drama queen... Just going to go home at 5, switch off my phone, laptop anything that connects me to the world. Get in the car and drive in any possible direction... Hopefully that'll clear my head

Last edited: 12 Jul 2016
  6. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

New job is ****ing awful. Only been here 2 days and already I want to pack it in.

Gonna keep looking for more work tonight

7. Scroome

Scroome Modder

Job interviews.

45 mins of acting like I'm the best person in the world, when all I want is a holiday.

8. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Can people pack it in with pokemon Go nonsense? Every youtube channel (even if they're not a gamer channel), nearly every article and website is filled with it. People ask me "Are you playing Pokemon GO?" on a daily basis, because I like to play video games. It's not a game, it's an AR experience designed to line Nintendo's pockets. I tried it for 10 minutes and got instantly sick of it, it's crap - even more than the elaborate game of Rock,Paper,Scissors of the normal games.

I feel super unappreciated at the moment. The mrs. still barely notices me, unless I do/don't do something and then she's shouting at me. I love her and the kids, but they don't seem to care much at the moment, it's like I'm just their lunchmaker, chef, launderette, etc. I really want to vent, just swear at something or punch something. You know those times when you're so aggravated and annoyed but don't know how to express yourself? I'm having one of those.

9. Almightyrastus

The thing that's annoying me about all the Pokemon stuff (aside from it being everywhere at the moment despite it not being officially out in the UK) is that it's being touted as something completely new and revolutionary despite being little more than a reskin of Ingress, a game which has been out for years, has a huge following and a lot more depth (so far).

And nobody seems to know about it... but Pokemon...

10. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Must admit I too thought Ingress was a better use of the underlying tech.

Still they've not done too badly for a side project started in some Google basement.

11. Almightyrastus

Oh yeah, and no doubt it will be hugely popular for a long time yet. I mean, Nintendo's shares have gone up over 24% almost instantly and I know that not everyone will be using the micro-transactions but enough will that it'll make millions.

12. RinSewand

RinSewand What's a Dremel?

The best thing I've ever found for this is physical hobbies, if you've not tried it, and are able to. I took up running a few years ago and when I get like that I just go out and hammer a run, or take the bike out. Works wonders at clearing my mind.

13. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

The black dog has come out for walkies...

...feck, just what i don't need right now...

14. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

Having to spend £26 to get this M12x1.25 banjo bolt to Schrader valve adapter shipped over from the states:

[​IMG]

15. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Downloaded it this afternoon, big mistake. Jesus f'ing Christ, now I can't even go for a walk without thinking about catching virtual vermin, and the local pub is a "thing" of some kind or other (a cube floating over it).

Pokémon GONE.

:)

16. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

That was strong willed, getting rid of it :thumb:
    My 15 year old had me in tow last night, I was taking a walk with my new lens and he came along (wouldn't normally be seen dead taking a healthy walk!) as he was playing PG and was out of mobile data. So, Dad's hotspot was on the go. Battery took a pasting, 34% down to 10% in 45 mins!

17. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Yea, my battery took a bit of a hiding too.

Putting my oldfartedness aside for a moment, I think these games are great and we're most probably on the brink of the first AR (and VR of course) revolution. If it gets youngsters (and any other folk who wouldn't normally go out for a walk) to go out & about (safely) then it can only be a good thing.

Personally though, it would ruin a good walk, or any walk, far more than golf. :D

Edit: and my local pub, being a "thing". The last time I threw my balls at a monster in there it didn't end well.

Last edited: 14 Jul 2016
  18. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Sounds like a memorable occasion at your local! :eyebrow:

I agree all round (golf included), taking a camera on a walk is fine, but even that can be a distraction from enjoying what's on view and there to take in.

I was impressed that the local nature reserve sign had been co opted as a marker thingy, and that you could see it on screen.
    Clever tie in with Google's infinite (and a bit scary) resources of knowing where you are and what it looks like there.

I did chuckle at street view for a wile a few years back before they re imaged the road where I work; as the building next door was demolished not long after they first did it...

19. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Bah. My Little Dot 1 has died. It was fine for a week or so and then I had to stop using it due to an ear infection. Any way, went to use it last night and I had no right channel. So I wiggled the valve and it started sputtering but then worked. As soon as I let go of the valve it cut out again.

I did ponder taking it apart to see if it was a bad solder joint (like I did on a charger I received last year) but didn't want to run the risk of losing £100 if I messed up.

It's not the end of the world but I am dying to get back to my Hifiman headphones. They're frikkin killer..

Still, if I put £25 on top I can get the better version with four valves so I might do that :)

20. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

You know what annoys me about Pokemon Go as a whole thing? The futility of a game where you can't get them all unless you literally travel the world. Some of the rarer pokemon are only found in certain parts of the world, no matter what level you are. Want to catch them all? Hope you've got a lot of money to waste.