1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Elite - Dangerous by David Braben

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Jedra, 6 Nov 2012.

1. Kehoe

Kehoe Minimodder

Just spent 3 Hours doing bountys for my ship to blow up as my joystick locked up and i couldn't react more annoying was it was before i claimed them lol, I am waiting for my X56 Rhino to arrive, ordered it on Sat, still not arrived :(, Cost me £120 so rather happy, just wish it would turn up.

Going to hold off playing any more until i get my new controller

2. Kehoe

Kehoe Minimodder

My PC has gone belly up since this stupid windows 10 update, I need to reinstall the OS, If i do this will i loose my save ? as it says its online but it also seams to be local ??

3. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

Your save is all server side so fear not :thumb:

4. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

The only thing that is saved on your pc is the control settings and graphics settings which can be found here if you have it installed on your c drive.

C:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options

Back up that folder and then when you reinstall the game, run it and close it and then copy this folder back over and all your controls etc will be like they were before you reinstalled it.

5. Kehoe

Kehoe Minimodder

All reset and loaded, my X56 arrived just as id installed the game, Really need to sit and work out what the hell im doing the default program is god awful, think its a case of sit n read atm to work out where to put everything SOooooooooooooo many buttons lol

6. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I have my x56 setup almost identically to how I had my X55 setup.

7. Kehoe

Kehoe Minimodder

I only had a crappy controller had to use my keyboard for 90% of my things, Care to point me in the right direction, I've booked marked a youtube video im going to sit n watch n try to setup like theirs as the default one is awful

8. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

This is pretty much how I have it set up other than I am using the extra 2 hat switches for the free cam.

https://www.mcdee.net/elite/binds/eeqrdt?replay=eeqrdt

I will get the one later today for my X56 though.

9. Kehoe

Kehoe Minimodder

Slowly setting my controller up when i get time then testing lol, have to have it onscreen as a guide, its like im having to relearn again, would appreciate the x56 plan copied allot of your X55 setup thou thanks allot it helped

10. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Hit Elite in Exploration last night with a 16,000Ly trip.

Now I have kitted out an Anaconda to hit 55Ly jump range so heading back to Beagle Point again via Colonia.

The 16,000Ly jump netted me 20 million credits so will be interesting to see what over 130,000Ly will net me now that they have increased the payouts.

11. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

First quarter of the journey complete, just arrived at Jaques Station with a nice 26.5 Million Credits in exploration data.

Next stop Beagle Point.

12. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Looks like the Alien story is heating up as there is currently a CG that has just started at Orcus Crag and only appears when your there apparently.

Now trying to decide whether to blow my ship up and return to the bubble via the suicide sidewinder method, since I last docked at Jaques Station.

13. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

aah this old thread still here.

Feel free to add me: CMD Davadin (Paladin Consortium Wing)

I've been as far as 6K LY and return trip nets me about 32 mill.

PS: Keyboard+Mouse here. (FDL PvP pilot on occasion)

14. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Thargoids are confirmed and coming in patch 2.4 which is set to release sometime between July and September 2017.

From the live stream, we will be getting new weapons and will need to develop new tactics on how to combat them as they have different modules, weapons, tactics and more.

Going to be interesting and when they do a beta for it, I will go in my corvette and open up on one and see how long I last which should be fun.

15. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I've been watching the emails come through; they're really good at keeping people in the loop and interested. Looking forward to meeting the Thargoids once more :)

16. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Well thanks to a mishap with a neutron star I am back in the bubble.

Went to get a FSD Boost to take me up to 250Ly jump range for a single jump, and I went in to the jet cone to fast and couldn't fight my way out 20 seconds later I was looking at a rebuy screen.

17. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

ouch....................................................................... :(

18. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Yep and because I couldn't be bothered flying back to the bubble as the last station I docked at was Jaques, I bought a Sidewinder and went out of the station around 10Km and then blew the ship up, and then chose the free Sidewinder in the started system.

I looked today whilst I was doing abit of Engineer Grinding and it will cost me 290,000,000Cr (290 million :waah: ) to have my Anaconda shipped from Jaques to Shinrarta and will take 61 days :jawdrop: I think I will leave it there for now and see how the Thargoid, stuff goes and if it's boring or to much of a grind I will sell my ships in the bubble and head to Colonia and make it my home within the game.

19. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Anyone playing this on PS4?

I picked it up and it's not bad, it has a few issues in terms of frame rate mainly when dropping out of hyperspace or supercruise, and long load times but they should get better over time.

The only thing that is annoying me is that my X56 does not work with it, even though it will work on the PS4 as it works in War Thunder but it appears that Frontier have locked out support for other HOTAS's than the one they have been talking about from Thrustmaster.

20. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Well I made to Jaques Station out at Colonia yesterday and Sag A* yesterday on the PS4.

I believe I am the first to make it to either of them on the PS4.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And one of Jaques Station

[​IMG]

Now it's onward to Beagle Point.