1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

I feel less annoyed about the colection of rats and rabbits that have been brought to me now. Although how a cat drags a whole, live rabbit through a flap I will never fathom.

2. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

I've always said that dogs are pets, but cats are tenants. That bird/fish/mouse/racoon etc is your rent money.

Vault-Tec likes this.
  3. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Flat tyre on the daily driver.

Irritating ~£170 expense.

4. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

What is it with etailers that the need tto feel that every item should be in a massive package. Just had a steel lawnmower blade deliverd that in itself comes in that plastic that you need to cut away with a chainsaw. Yet CPC stuck it in a massive box surrounded with oversized bubble wrap.

5. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Amazon are the worst for that !

6. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I agree.
    I have also received this morning all the way from China a Canon EF Lens to EF-M adapter which came in a jiffy bag.

7. legoman

legoman breaker of things

I swear they just chuck what ever in the nearest box to hand. Always remember the wiper blades fiasco someone had one, three big boxes each one had just a single blade in.

8. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

I bought a laptop sleeve from Amazon back along, and it came in a box that was bigger than A3 and about 6" deep. I suspect it was part of a silly game - loads of mates used to work picking in Screwfix back in the day, and the game apparently used to be the smallest thing in the biggest box...!!

Vault-Tec likes this.
  9. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I ordered some wet wipes (flushable) as I swear by them now. Any way, I ordered a pack of three (sniggers) and they came in a box four times their size, with loads of paper packing. Why? they're bloody tissues !

At least their boxes rip apart easy. The other day I had to get rid of a bike box (for a bike to ship in) and it was treated and wouldn't tear. Took me nearly an hour to saw it into rubbish bag sized pieces !

10. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Tesco Direct must be in on the game, then! We ordered 6 tiny candle holders and a pack of tea-light candles to use in them a few weeks back. Went to go collect them and they packed each individual holder (something that was literally 60mm x 25mm in size) in a box that could have stored a small cooking pan... Each one surrounded by a 2m long chain of air pockets. I thought we were being punked.

11. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

My PS4 is having an identity crisis and thinks its a 56k emulator:

[​IMG]

12. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

I'm job hunting. I hate it, So, so much. It's the reason i've stayed at Waitrose for over 12 years now. But i'm nearly 30, And i know i should be somewhere else.

Sam

13. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Know the feeling it absolutely sucks but don't leave until you've found another job no matter how rough it is (i made that mistake)

So i've been accepted into my access to IT course, however after applying for a zillion jobs Argos, Tesco, delivery driver positions, retail, factory, night work despite having a NVQ level 2 in customer services and experience i'm still not having any luck in even getting a interview. I've also got to apply for a new birth certificate so i can apply for my course funding loan which i can't even afford.

Like where the heck do you go from here? can't get a interview for jobs i'm absolutely trained and have the experience for, can't afford to go to college despite having a unconditional invite,
    : Well Evolutionsic you pull your finger out and walk around handing you're cv out in person, already done.

Now if i did want to claim, it apparently takes 6 weeks for the money to come though in which i'd already be in college so i wouldn't even be eligible.

What a complete toss up.

on the birth certificate issue i've listed some personal belongings on gumtree so that's sorted out at least.

meanwhile having like £400s worth of virtual spaceships in a game i can't even run because i had to sell my crap, like if i wrote a book "What not to do in life (by experience)" it'd probably be a top seller

Last edited: 16 Aug 2017
  14. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Move to Cambridge - most places are having problems filling positions. Even the small company I work at was struggling to get responses to job adverts... And when we did, half the applicants didn't bother turning up to the interview.

When I first moved here 2 years ago I had 3 job offers on the table and was able to choose the one I wanted most! It's not cheap to live here, but if you don't mind dealing with a bit of traffic you can get close enough to make it easily viable.

15. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Try finding a job when you reach 60, ageism is alive and well in Edinburgh.

16. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Would move in a second if it meant getting paid however i have kids keeping me in this place i have every Thursday, Friday, Saturday and half of Sunday so once again i’ve crippled myself there.

17. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

Just How Alone i am in life...

i can make online friends in the short term, but it always ends in Drama, mostly due to my Autism / Borderline personality disorder.
    i cant drive due my autism and sensory difficulties, and dont drink or go clubbing for the same reason, im just stuck in life with no prospects, friends or anything worthwile so i have no 'physical' friends that i see and havent had a girlfriend in about 6 years
    i delve deep into whatever 'AS obsessions' take my fancy at the time ( Warhammer 40k, airsoft, 3d printing etc ) but my lack of social ability prevents me from doing much with it and eventually i become jaded with it, and move on to something else

Im just a social person that dislikes people

18. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

As I'm the "work grinder" at my workit seems if other people F up or don't keep me in the loop when it goes tits up it's easier to let me know how F'ed up an issue is and put procedures in place even though there already are but no one helps enforce then.

Keep it up, I'm not irreplaceable but you'd sure suffer without me for a good while

19. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Dealing with a PPI claims firm, I know I could do it myself and have done so with my cards/loans but this is for my partner where it is bloody complex.
    Anyway even though I have caught blatantly lying they refuse to admit fault even though I record all calls from their number and was quite happy to send them the recordings.

20. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

jerk marinade...

...also scotch bonnet juice in the eye stings a smidge.

Last edited: 17 Aug 2017