1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

And of course it will be a fingerprint magnet. When I was into building/upgrading/modding I would get cases powder coated and black was always a nightmare for showing the slightest mark. Black cars are exactly the same of course, look great when they have been cleaned and polished, five minutes down the road and they look grubby.

2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

That's what window cleaner with vinegar is for ;)

3. jrduquemin

jrduquemin Minimodder

Holy crap, I'd love to go to a gun range and do that :)

4. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Finally got our laminate flooring down in the living room. Bit of a nightmare, I needed to use levelling compound, the room isn't completely square either, so it was a bit of work. Getting there in the house though, good thing we're not likely to move from this place for at least a decade or more, because i've done so much damn work in the space of a month - and i'm not exactly a handy guy either.

5. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

God, this looks like a hoot.

6. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Oh, it was :D

Really want a SCAR-H now...

7. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Home from a few days away and just watched the vid on my PC rather than my phone...:cooldude::grin:
    A star studded list of firearms! You are the new Blaine (Goddamned Sexual Tyrannosaurus an' all), no wonder you were excited about that range trip :jawdrop:

Ones I recognise and would also like to try...
    H&K MP5 PDW - check
    FN P90 - check
    Desert Eagle - .357 or .44?
    Galil?
    Barrett M107
    BFG on sled
    MINIGUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN - don't burst fire it - classic

My rifle licence is being processed, I should know at the end of next month.

The Hightower 10/22 conversion looks fun, but I think anything tactical looking wouldn't go down well on the farm :blush:

8. [ZiiP] NaloaC

There's a full list of the guns in the info panel in the YT page. Deagle was .50 cal.
    Also, yes, it was a Galil. The Galil is based on the Finnish RK-62, which is what I used during my time in Finnish Recon. Just wanted to shoot it again as I miss shooting it. Felt good to get to grips with it again.

The BFG is a Finnish L-39 Lahti AT-Rifle. Since I'm half finnish and those things are rare as sin, I couldn't pass up the opportunity.

I've looked at the Hightower myself as well, not sure how I can achieve it...

9. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Doh :wallbash: only seen the vid here, will look at the YT list now.
    .50 Deagle WTF? Didn't know they existed...

FInnish kit? Fascinating, you learn something every day.

10. stonedsurd

The Deagle AFAIK was made for the .50AE, or vice versa. There's some innate connection between the two that I cannot quite recall, but the calibre and the pistol are actually closely linked.

11. [ZiiP] NaloaC

They had a S&W 500 revolver, but I decided against it as I like having my wrists in working order :D

12. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

My house mate has his PC in one those. Weighs an absolute tonne ! Makes my case look cheap and nasty.

13. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

If you try to burst fire it the de-linker will take all those split up links and fire them back into the ammunition feed, then the Warrant Officer Armourer and his pin monkeys will spend a whole day taking the gun apart and liberating mashed cartridges from the de-linker and feed ramp, then once he's retreived them all he'll come and make you eat them.

One at a time.

14. stonedsurd

It's actually not bad. Same with a .454 Casull I once shot (don't recall the revolver, I think it was Taurus). I find revolvers are much more controllable -- for lack of a better word -- than pistols, particularly as the calibre goes up.

15. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

• Work PC will only boot to blinkenlight code for "My PSU is dead"
    • Both IT staff on holiday
    • Spent day getting paid to websmurf on my tablet.

16. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Car just went in for MOT - Was bricking it, expecting anything from £400-1000 bill.

2 front wipers
    1 number plate bulb
    Replace driver's side rear tyre (which I already had waiting to go in the boot)

Less than £100 including the MOT fee itself. Good Monday is good! It does mean there's a few advisories that will need to be fixed fairly soon (front pads and discs being the biggest item), but I can spend some of my Christmas bonus on that.

17. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

18. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

After three days of crushing depression (so bad I haven't left a sofa or bed and have slept about 18 hours a day) I finally went to the funeral. Lovely service. My uncle wasn't a god botherer, so made it quite clear he did not want religion mentioned (they even quoted him). At the end the vicar said that we could go up and pay our respects and say anything we wanted to say before we said goodbye. Took all of the courage I had, but I apologised for not seeing him when he was really ill and thanked him for looking after my brother and I when my dad died. Said goodbye too. Just glad no one asked me what I was saying because there is no way I could have said it without falling apart. Beautiful funeral and a fitting tribute to a wonderful man. They played his fave song (Eagles) and showed pics of him growing up etc on the screens. Was awesome, truly a lovely end.

19. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Nearly a grand back in overpaid tax and NI. Tax code has been wrong since February to the tune of around £130 a month. Started new job this week and I'm now pretty much entirely at home which means I'm hardly using the car and food costs have dropped significantly. Getting on better with my wife than I have for years. Got a training course next week which will see me through my next set of professional certification exams. Just had a pile of secondhand components arrive from Jinq-sea, and I have a new case on it's way to me tomorrow. Finally able to breathe a little money-wise and save enough money that it's actually giving some kind of useful return. Lots of things got paid off in the last couple months. In control of debts, although still have some.

In short it's hard to not feel pretty positive right now.

20. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

No reason why you shouldn't feel positive mate. Its nice when things go the way you want them to for a change :)