Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I mean, I dress and act like a 70 year old, but whatevers.

2. Bradley

Bradley I used to have more banners than you :(

Assassin's creed Ezio Collection for PS4 just arrived in the office :)

3. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

I thought you were older too, but only cos I seem to recall you finishing school at least a couple of years before me.

That said, that makes sense since I technically started a year late.

4. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Knowing that, albeit 'accidentally', and only for 11 minutes, Donald Trump was kicked off twitter.

5. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I have never understood the point of Twitter or the fact that the President of the United States feels that it is a legitimate way to communicate his ire on just about everything.

Last edited: 3 Nov 2017
  6. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Had to get the Dr in for the good lady who is a COPD sufferer so prone to chest infections. A very attractive young female doctor turned up a little while ago and I inadvertently touched her on her back. One might say I COPD a feel, boom boom.
    Should I report myself for inappropriate behaviour?

Last edited: 3 Nov 2017
    MLyons likes this.
  7. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

yes, you're just a pup, no practically about it.

8. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Had to wait on a prescription being filled for the good lady so thought I would go and have a drink which was odd seeing as I have not been in a pub for about three years. Got myself a large vodka and coke (£4.35 wtf) and really enjoyed it and not unsurprisingly got a hit off it.
    So came home and am having an even larger vodka with a few Hardstyle tracks playing. Life is good.

9. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

From WRYLRN:
    :clap::rock::clap::rock::clap:
    [​IMG]
    It's amazing what leaving the cmos battery out for 24 hours will do.

10. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

Bought some tickets for me and a few mates to see Mastodon.

Just noticed red Fang are supporting.

They are aweesooooooome.

Sooooo psyched

11. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I got roped into a tech callout today. Now V-T Friends and Family INC shut its doors a long time ago now. Now when my family ask about their busted tech gear I just shake my head and look like I don't know anything. Trust me, puts years on your life.

However this was different. This PC was one I built (my Jonsbo teeny weeny pocket rocket). I had given it to my aunt when my uncle had cancer. She has a tablet but she's a PC girl at heart. It was her first SSD, and she loves using it. So when she phoned me and said it wouldn't connect to the internet I reopened V-T F&F inc for the day.

Got over there, no internet. Thought it was bizarre because I clearly remember it being wired. I had a look at the back and yeah, wired. WTF? kept coming up asking for the main BT password. Put it in, nothing. Then by sheer luck and the grace of god I spotted something out of the corner of my eye ! it was a black power line adapter thinger. Then I did a Sherlock Holmes and found the other end (both her and my uncle had no idea what I was talking about) and sure enough the other end was brown bread.

So I popped down to PCworld, got them a wireless USB dongle and bingo.

So glad I spotted that power line thing. Otherwise I would likely still be there, having just reached the swearing phase.

12. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Black BT Powerline boxes? We have a pair still, and they're pretty ancient by my reckoning.
    Good work V-T internet detecive

13. Vault-Tec

Cheers Tre. Yes it looked donkeys years old tbh. I tried to explain what it does but just got the blank look lol. They were upgraded to a BT Smarthub 5a so that was good but the adapters could be ten years plus old. They were the first of my family to do the Great Escape from London so yeah, would have been there for years.

Thankfully wireless tech has improved ten fold since then so it was easy to get the PC connected :)

14. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Finally got around to watching R&M Season 3.

Nathan Fillion, Maurice LaMarche, awesome.

My god. Did they raid the Archer extras bin, and the Futurama cast for this season?

Last edited: 5 Nov 2017
  15. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Agreed 8 hours overtime doing manual work loading and offloading (I'm an office guy), ended up doing some labelling, moving some pallets and cleaning, easy money

16. JordanNguyen32

JordanNguyen32 What's a Dremel?

Good music and a good drink make my life awesome. Sometimes it's the simple pleasures that are best.

goldstar0011 likes this.
  17. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Looking at a wage increase at the early part of next year, Clearing some serious debts by simple hard graft and I'm going to be a dad in the coming days...

I'm in control of my life and it feels incredible.

Vault-Tec, goldstar0011 and MLyons like this.
  18. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

congrats on all fronts

19. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Going to be a dad
    In control of life

Mutually exclusive states, these :D But, congratulations!

MLyons likes this.
  20. Vault-Tec

The only way to live your life happy is to be in control of it yourself. If you leave your happiness and well being to some one else you put yourself at risk.

I have now not spoken to my ex wife (not even an email) for two months. Whilst I am a big boy the emotional abuse I suffered at her hands was ludicrous. She was always depressed. Like, horrifically depressed. She would spend the entire day telling me what a waste of time life was and how I may as well be dead etc. I even tried suicide, as she just made me feel like there was no point in anything and I wanted out. That was the turnaround point for me. That was where I started taking back my life and taking back my self respect etc. It started out my deliberately defying her when it came to my hobbies. Instead of suffering and being miserable I ignored her and just bought what I wanted. That pissed her off, so she started threatening to leave me every five minutes. What she didn't realise was that instead of that behaviour breaking me down it just made me stronger.

Now I have full control of my life back. I clean, I cook every single day and I tell you what even with all of those "must do" responsibilities my life is now so much easier than having to live with some one who just makes you feel worthless and so on. Seriously, living with some one who suffers chronic depression is actually harder than having to do everything.

So good for you chap. Stay in control, and keep that pimp hand strong.

MLyons likes this.