Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

OK thanks man.I would really like <insert whatever here> to be HDMI in order to connect up with my monitor though. Otherwise I have a 20ft room and the TV is up on a wall with the stand for the recorder and etc 16ft away. So I would either have to cotch on the floor and get a bad neck, or have it on my lap with some seriously long cords.

BTW going back to the purchase thing. I've spent so little in the last month that it has literally just amazed me. I went to my bank expecting there to be £200 less than there is. I've got my calculator out and etc, but no matter how many times I add it all up it still works out at the same. So it's definitely correct. I think spending time at mum's painting and so on really reigned in my spending. Also, she provided food for the week too so I got to pocket that and so on. But that is the thing with me, see. It's the autism. I am one of extremes. So I either spend every penny down to the wire, or, I spend bugger all. All I have bought from my bank account in the past three weeks (other than the phone of course) was a CD costing £2.30.

After three years of being broke ass poor in the USA (they fluffed up my green card and lost the paperwork so I had to start the whole process again, twice !) I finally got a semi reasonable job. I would desperately need new clothes (holes, shoes falling apart) but would get to the mall and spend four hours there and leave, only spending $3 on a pretzel. I just couldn't bring myself to part with money.

Weird eh? BTW that is what I meant when I said about my time in the USA. Of course, it was even worse when I lived alone. I had a budget of about $25 a week to eat on. I had to keep my car running or else I would have been screwed, so yeah I really didn't eat much at all.

2. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Easy enough, that: SCART to HDMI adapter, £13.

Vault-Tec likes this.
  3. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

A whole arseload of music. Largely because they were, initially, pirated copies.

The Pretty Reckless - Going To Hell
    The Pretty Reckless - Who You Selling For
    Dillinger Four - Versus God
    Green Day - Warning
    Green Day - Nimrod
    Green Day - Revolution Radio
    The Offspring - Smash
    Me First and the Gimme Gimmes - Rake It In (Greatest Hits)
    Adam Sandler - What The Hell Happened To Me
    Grosse Pointe Blank OST
    Frenzal Rhomb - Shut Your Mouth
    Frenzal Rhomb - We're Going Out Tonight
    Nerf Herder - How to Meet Girls
    Nerf Herder - American Cheese
    The Human League - Greatest Hits
    Pennywise - Land Of The Free
    In This Moment - Black Widow

I was also looking for Frenzal Rhomb - Dick Sandwich, but couldn't find it at a reasonable price.

Also a Roose Motorsport 'spider' hose and top radiator hose for the RS. When they arrive, I can decide how I want to do the thermostat. The one the ECU calls water coolant temp is actually head temp. Thinking a 52mm analogue gauge and a dual digital gauge for oil temp/pressure should fit nicely in the ST170 pod, and if I can get them with selectable backlighting, I should be able to make them match the rest of the RS clocks. Which, irritatingly, is back lit green thanks to a sandwiched green filter.

Until I can be arsed to have some custom clock faces made up that look the same as standard, but with red backing.

4. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Adam Sandler... I'm sure I knew that album was a thing, but never heard it. Am I missing out?

After bodging the new AVR into the rack where the old one sat (and taking 90 mins over whatever has happened to the cabling over the last 4 years), it became evident that the only thing for it is to re-rack everything. So taking the opportunity to swap out the network kit throughout as well, as the pain involved in the cabling is what's been preventing me from doing so.

En-route is...
    - Unifi 16 150w
    - Unifi 8 60w
    - Unifi 8 non-POE/passthrough

The 16-150w leaves approximately zero empties, but the 24-250w is reportedly hella-noisy, so I'll just use another US-8 non POE when the inevitable need arises. This also replaces a non-POE 24-port using injectors where needed, so will free up 4 plug sockets, which by my calculations will be enough to remove an entire 4U PDU/conditioner as an added bonus.

5. liratheal

Not really - I only picked it up for 'Ode to my Car'. The rest of it is kinda .. Meh, in my opinion.

6. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

EXTREMELY NSFW

Adam Sandler songs are funnier that Adam Sandler movies, whether that's worth buying his album or not...

7. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

MiniDP to HDMI, because Maplin were selling them at Amazon prices instead of normal Maplin prices - just a shame they had to go bankrupt in order to compete.

[​IMG]

mSATA to USB3 adapter

[​IMG]

Tiny buzzy little nano-drone - 640ml bottle of Tsingtao for scale

[​IMG]

Basic Behringer USB audio interface - yes, yes, Behringer sucks, go on, get it out of your system...

[​IMG]

8. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Follow-up on the TheC64 Mini, mostly for @Vault-Tec: Don't bother. The joystick is, as expected, absolutely terrible - worse than a Sinclair (Amstrad, really) SJS-1, and that's saying something - and compatibility with third-party controllers is practically non-existent. It certainly won't accept a real DB9 joystick on a USB adapter, and even if it did you wouldn't be able to use it properly: they've seen fit to build a bunch of function buttons into the joystick base, for accessing the menu and the like, rather than putting them on the base unit where they would be accessible regardless of which controller you're using. Fancy two-player? That'll be £20 for a second godawful joystick, thanks!

Inside, it's a cheapo Allwinner A20 SBC - note the footprint for an SD card slot, which would have been nice for loading your own games on it if they hadn't dropped it - and three metal blocks to give it some small amount of weight. I mean, TheC64 Mini? It's MASSIVE compared to how big it could have been - look at this:

thec64-mini-internals.jpg

The emulation is passable, but there's definite input lag which coupled with the awful joystick means you ain't going to be winning any games any time soon. £65? Nah. This should have been a £20 TV Game built into the bottom of the joystick.

A swing and a miss, this one. Bah.

Vault-Tec likes this.
  9. Vault-Tec

Thanks G I appreciate that muchly. Ugh another one to avoid.

10. liratheal

Checking the brakes & resolving the squeak yesterday evening, found the CV boot on the NSF is starting to crack - Fortunately still got a nice squish of grease when wriggling the boot around so should have caught it in time.

So, two new boots, two new hub nuts. Just got to decide whether to try and to it myself, or pay someone else to. Figured might as well do both sides at the same time.

11. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Traded in some old gadgets at cex for 2x 8GB DDR3-1600. Now running 32GB and I can run more VMs in my self study lab. Yay.

Arboreal likes this.
  12. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Behringer are a sound German company. I did a lot of research before I bought my MS40 monitor speakers, which seems to be the ones that everyone was praising, even after 10yrs of use, from many users reviews.

So what's to dis?

13. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

AOC Q3279VWF 31.5" Screen
    6ft HDMI Cable
    Screen cleaning kit
    Cheapo bluetooth mouse

= Big screen for my XPS13 at home.

= Can actually review documents in real size.

14. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

To be clear: I have no problem with Behringer kit at all, every Behringer product I've ever owned has done its job fantastically well. The UCA202 audio interface I bought many years ago has proved to be one the best pieces of audio equipment I've ever owed; my second-hand Eurorack MX802A mixing desk has barely missed a beat (although some of the pots are getting a bit scratchy now). But there is quite a lot of snobbery in the pro-audio world, and I've seen many many instances where people are dismissed out-of-hand for daring to mention that they use Behringer products.

15. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Time for a new mouse, so my trusty G9x has been superseded by... the G502. I tried every mouse in the shop (Currys) and this one was by far the most comfortable.

[​IMG]

16. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Love my 502. Had it for ages. I just wish it were a bit heavier. I have the max weights in it already, but I like a heavy mouse. My old MX1000 that I used at work until I got the MX master was really nice, old style batteries, nice and heavy.

LennyRhys likes this.
  17. Vault-Tec

Not bought anything by Behringer yet. They do make some handy things, just not bothered yet.

18. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Cheap condenser mic & boom. It's no AT2020, but it'll do the job for now.

[​IMG]

19. Vault-Tec

My mic is proper cack. Well, at my mother's. It works though. Got a Snowball at home I love it.

20. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

2 months later...
    The screen protector fits fine even with a case. The panel is flat pretty much all around however, or at least feels that way. The phone when straight into a case as soon as it came out of the box and had the SIM inserted.