1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL *NSFW* *The new Demote thread*

Discussion in 'General' started by adam_bagpuss, 8 Jul 2011.

1. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Oh yes, hell yes. The unfortunate fact about farming is that other lifeforms are also interested in eating the food you're growing - if you want to actually be able to sell any of the food you grow then you have to find a way to manage that.

I was with you right up until this point. Everything - literally everything in the known universe - is a chemical. I am a watery bag of chemicals held together by chemicals - so are you, and so is everyone else on this forum for that matter (including the spambots). Using "chemicals" as a pejorative or negative term is wholly scientifically illiterate and only furthers FUD in the mind of the general public.

Let me be clear, since this seems to be a concept that is lost on some: it is entirely possible to disagree with someone without personally attacking them. This post is not intended as a personal insult; I can disagree with a person's ideas and opinions without finding that person disagreeable.

In a properly controlled double-blinded test... highly doubtful. I seem to recall a number of studies concluding that there is no nutritional difference between the organic and "regular" vegetables they tested. People might tell you that they think it's better, but people's opinions aren't often subject to controlled double-blinded conditions. People often perceive organic food as "better" than "regular" food because they've been told that it's better; whether there is any objective difference is highly doubtful. Which is why the only aspect of organic farming I can get behind is "organic" meat (as opposed to those metallic cows you hear about ;)): the higher animal welfare standards that organic certification requires.

Fingers66 and [ZiiP] NaloaC like this.
  2. BA_13

BA_13 Minimodder

I entirely agree with you Byron so no offence taken, I was simply being lazy by using the term "chemical" as opposed to stating Pesticide e.t.c.
    I find non organic usually tastes better and lasts longer if i'm honest, as far as fruit and veg goes but that's a personal observation and has no scientific backing.

As for the meat the organic standards are much better for animal welfare but taste wise it's all about the breed, age and to a surprising extent how stress free the handling is, especially how stressed the animal is at the end.

Fingers66 and Byron C like this.
  3. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-44736623

Staff at the new Legoland Discovery Centre in Birmingham denied Yvonne Radcliff entry due to a "no adults without a child" policy.

i am beyond words... an attraction that turns away any unaccompanied parent...

Also i was talking to someone who used to frequent here, and they asked me if i remember THAT Picture ( yes THAT ONE ) and even after all this time, it made me shudder, and if i have to remember it, i dont see why you dont to
    Enjoy

4. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

i dont do sportsball but this made me laugh

[​IMG]

IanW and Arboreal like this.
  5. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Apparently 6 tonnes of broken glass were removed from Nottingham's streets after the last match.... And they say that weed is the problem...

MLyons likes this.
  6. play_boy_2000

play_boy_2000 ^It was funny when I was 12

Makes perfect sense to me, especially considering they have adult only evenings on offer.

7. Chairboy

Chairboy I want something good to die for...

8. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

ignore it, ******* thing wont link.

9. Chairboy

Chairboy I want something good to die for...

10. sjamppo

sjamppo Minimodder

What has been see, cannot be unseen.

11. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

You know, I've been here a while, and I don't remember the fuss about that picture...

12. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I'm out of the loop. Someone PM me the image.

13. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

No. No-one deserves that.

Pliqu3011 likes this.
  14. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Someone PM DevDoge the image so I can evaluate his reaction and consider having it PM'd to me or not.

Byron C likes this.
  15. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

i sense a trap... Bans were discussed over THAT image...

16. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

17. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

That image is why this is the 'new demote thread'... the original thread was burned to the ground for the good of all.

18. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

NO. No no no no no no noooooo. Never. No.

19. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Found the old thread and there was nothing that horrific so I guess it's one of the errored out images

20. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

It was deleted whenever it registered it's horrific saggy presence.