1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Games Workshop

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by [ZiiP] NaloaC, 17 Jan 2011.

1. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Looking good, liking the idea with the scythe. As for the hourglass, how about a void, star field, galaxy kinda thing. Endless space and time sort of stuff?

2. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

I've given it ago, I've put white paint onto a brush and flicked my finger across it to try and randomly splatter stars. Doesn't look to bad, but I'm not sure. I'll need to neaten up the green again, but I may have gone a bit overboard.
    IMG_0682.JPG

Edit: I've fixed the white flecks on the green metal, and put a blue wash over the flecks on the hourglass to tone them down. I'll take another pic once it's dried.

Last edited: 15 Jul 2018
  3. Almightyrastus

Nice. Slap a gloss varnish over that and you’ve got yourself a galaxy in a glass.

4. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Maybe add some purple or green wash to the hourglass, particularly around the bib blob of white on the lower half... get some nebula type thing going on....

5. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Haven't got any gloss varnish (just matt, wish I could find my old box of paints as I'm sure I had some in there - if it hasn't dried out).

Anyway, the camera seems to brighten it up quite a lot (background light is definitely washing it out a bit, that big white blob is actually just a reflection), as the star effect seems a lot more muted under normal light.

NIght haunt spell v2.jpg

Last edited: 15 Jul 2018
    Almightyrastus likes this.
  6. Almightyrastus

Yup, that works nicely.

I have finally managed to get something done. Got my Harlequin Troupe Master to a point where he can be left. I plan to come back and add more to all of them, clean a few up, and so on.

[​IMG]

7. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

[​IMG]

This was uploaded today, this is a Marine shoulder pad 3d printed on an SLA machine and shows the level of detail you can currently get with mid range machines ( the machine in question is the Form 2 which retails for about £2k )

Last edited: 24 Jul 2018
  8. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Any idea where the actual file used for that is? I'll give it a go on my Photon to compare detail levels.

9. lilgoth89

no idea, it was just posted on a 40k converter page

Id love a photon, or a Moai or something, but the price and expense of running it is quite high

i mean if i did have one i would print out approximately all of the conversion pieces for my army ( shoulder pads, Rhino and land Raider doors ) i would also print out identical hatches for my Rhinos so make them all look like they rolled off the same production line, the accuracy just isnt there on FDM machines, its ok for terrain though, and larger items like Titans

10. lilgoth89

also BLEH i placed an order at Gifts for Geeks two weeks ago for a renegade Box set, they took the money but my order hasnt moved past 'paid' since then
    now the site says they are out of stock... i sent them a message on monday but havent got any response

11. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

so i may have stumped up for the kill team starter box set. Had a first play yesterday and was pretty fun. Forgot half the rules while playing so will test more today :)

I already play Dark angels so before i list on ebay would anyone like the included kill teams as a whole or per kill team. I will list them on the forum market if anyone is interested on here.

10x Genestealer Cult Neophyte Hybrids with datacards and markers
    10x Skitarii Rangers with data cards and markers

12. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Got the Vault of Souls painted up, and picked up a gloss varnish to give the wood a polished effect and I've gone over the hourglass from the last update with gloss too, although I think I've gone a bit too dark with the purple wash.

[​IMG]Vault of Souls by Blademrk

[​IMG]Mortalis Terminexus by Blademrk

Almightyrastus likes this.
  13. lilgoth89

ok so much has happened with my Renegade box...

Apparently Gifts for geeks hadnt got it, so refunded me after a week

then i spot one on the Bay and so i purchase it, Posted the next day wait 2 weeks with nothing so i send an email asking for the tracking number ( after they said it was Hermes Tracked )
    today they respond with
    ''Dear customer, Thank you for your patience! Unfortunately, we don't have this kind of information, we will try our best to find out more information regarding your parcel and we will get back to you! Your item will be sent as soon as we will have it! Sorry for any inconvenience! Kind regards, GM''

its like FFS!!! it sounds like a scan and they never had the item to begin with

14. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

That sucks dude. 2 for 2 is a pain in the arse :/
    I hope you manage to get it sorted in one way or another.

I'm salivating over the new Adeptus Titanicus boxed set, but good Terra the price...

15. Almightyrastus

I'm liking the hourglass, endless void of time sort of thing.

As for the new bits and pieces coming out, I kinda like the look of Titanicus until I saw what the full version would cost me... I shall still be picking up a titan and knights but they'll be more of a painting project than anything else.

Loving the look of the new Genestealer Cults stuff that's coming up soon, those new Aberants are awesome.

16. lilgoth89

quick update, third seller for the Renegade box set sent it out instantly and it arrived within two days with ACTUAL tracking details...
    second seller admits they didnt have the package to sell to begin with, and they claim the problem is they are waiting for stock from GW, but because they have market it as 'Dispatched' i cannot cancel the transaction
    they promise it will be dispatched from them on Friday...

[ZiiP] NaloaC likes this.
  17. Almightyrastus

18. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

19. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

This blew me away. Figured you guys might appreciate it too :)

RedFlames likes this.
  20. wormy

wormy Minimodder

thanks for sharing, that's awesome