1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

I missed a deal of a record turntable. A Dual 1210 with a nice mahogany plinth, built-in amp and clean dome for 50$CAD at the Salvation Army. I hesitated because I did not have my phone to do a search... (facepalm) There was a 3 days warranty, I could have picked it and brought it back if beyond repair. One hour later, it was gone. T.T

Note: If somebody is looking for me, I'll be in the basement listening to "The Best of Starship" on CD.

2. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Eye infection.

On Friday it was causing me "a moment's discomfort", but it has largely abated now :hehe:

3. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Flu, like proper wipe you out so your bed bound an cant remember remember the last few days kind of flu

4. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I must be getting old. I'm here waiting for Ghost to start and all I can think of the support acts is 'hush now, let Ghost on because then I don't have to be here all night'.

adidan likes this.
  5. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Sorry lads, was meant to say thanks for the well wishes, but it's been a bit of a week (obviously). Unfortunately she passed away about an hour before we managed to get there. Still got to see her and say goodbye, and she passed comfortably and with other family close, which is about the best way anyone can hope to go.

It was almost more painful seeing my uncle arrive at the hospital pretty much at the exact same time as me... Except he just landed after grabbing the first flight from Australia. Think it took more time to set in for him than anybody else.

We got a good old fashion Irish wake planned for between Christmas and new year - so no doubt someone else will end up in hospital too!

6. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

So sorry to hear that @Wakka. At least family were there and she was comfortable.

I was at a funeral myself this morning, which was really uncomfortable.
    We had a call 3 weeks ago to say that my wife's cousin had died and he'd taken his own life. I didn't know him well, nor realise that things were so amiss; he'd split up from his partner and moved in with his sister. I've really only been to funerals for older relatives before, but someone who has died at 52 is on a different level.

His parents were amazingly calm & serene, but no parent expects to outlive their children.
    Please guys, if you're in distress and feeling suicidal, talk to someone, anyone who can lend an ear.
    Even the 'semi anonymous' community here can help, we all post at some time or another and some know others better though the MP too.

7. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

As above, if you are feeling that bad, try to seek help or a friendly ear. I know it's easier said than done, but do try. I do understand what it is like, I'm only here because someone found me before it was too late and called an ambulance, now 28 years ago. Life can get better, even when you think it's not worth carrying on.

Arboreal likes this.
  8. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

TBH mate it may be a blessing that she didn't have to suffer any longer. A couple of years ago my uncle passed from cancer and it was so bad that I didn't go see him for the final month as it would have haunted me forever but yeah, it wasn't nice.

He wasn't religious and made it clear he wanted that pointed out at the funeral. He did want to bring us together though and it was quite beautiful being all together to celebrate his life.

I prefer that kind of goodbye to everyone sobbing. I mean really, who in their right mind would want people to be unhappy?

My funeral will be like a party with all sorts of jokes flying around.

9. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

My dad's funeral was like that, some of the stories told during the service had the entire church in stitches. It's a good thing the vicar was a personal friend because otherwise we'd have never got away with most of it! He chose his own music for the service at the crematorium and for the committal he chose 'Burning Ring of Fire' by Johnny Cash. Given the chance, why wouldn't you? :grin:

perplekks45 and Vault-Tec like this.
  10. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

the NHS and the mental health team more Specifically

had an emergency CPN appt to discuss my extremly low mood and self harming and their response was basically

we acknowledge your depression anxiety, insomnia, autism, self harming, suicidal idealisation, eating disorder, PTSD, potential CTE and / or borderline personality disorder and the rest of the associated trauma, but we dont really know how to help so we are going to discharge you from the mental health team, and send a referral letter to your GP for some other service, see you again in 6 months when they inevitably refer you back here again

and the group they are referring me to, ive ALREADY been refereed to, who sent me straight BACK to the sodding mental health team. ive been bounced around the mental health team like a bad penny, everyone so eager to pawn me off on the next person, and nobody actually wanting to help.

its a cycle common in ALOT of autism rooms online, and with each person who passes the same BS letter gets rolled out
    ( insert name ) was a complicated case who fell through the cracks of an overworked and underfunded system, but lessons will be learned

but lessons dont get learned, people with 'complicated' problems get rejected over and over and over again, by people whose job it is to help them.
    i mean if people who are PAID to help you keep rejecting you, what is the point in even trying ?

And then the NHS wonders why suicide is the biggest killer of people with ASD

11. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

The government prioritise a&e, surgery and cancer waiting times and care little about mental health treatment. Won't change with the Tories in power.

12. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I hate to tell you but you've got the Tories to thank for that. They don't care and have cut the services down to nothing but lip service.

If it wasn't for my trust who houses me I'd be totally jeffed right now.

To add. Under labour it was awesome. Ahh, I remember those days.

13. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

According to the fancy machines I've lost half the vision in my right eye and have most likely had another mini stroke.

14. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Things have started snowballing. The hot water to the shower broke, one of the cats has somehow almost cut a pad off his foot, and the kit I ordered to repaste this ridiculously hot laptop came with a security screwdriver, not the Philips head it was promised by the seller to come with. And my therapy appointment was canceled this morning and I have to wait more than a month to see them.

15. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Quit smoking cold-turkey 19 days and 12 hours ago, constantly fighting the urge to smoke every other second.

The_Crapman, yuusou and stonedsurd like this.
  16. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Amazon. "Your package will be delivered between 7am-10pm today."
    Waste. Of. An. Entire. Day.

17. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Stick with it mate, it gets easier quite quickly after the first month or so. stick with it and start the new year with a nice clean deep breath of winter air.

18. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Good luck, i had to use vaping to quit.

Different methods work for different people so keep it up.

19. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

When the map shows up it now has a sleigh on it, to fill that wasted day full of Christmas cheer.

Byron C likes this.
  20. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

It finally showed up at 4:10pm.