1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi So, what are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kronos, 29 Apr 2014.

1. creative

creative 500rwhp

X4: Foundations

Basically a single player Eve...

very confusing with the sheer number of controls you have to remember and basically no particular goal to achieve, you just go do what you want. Im enjoying it so far.

2. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

The Surge 2 - on game pass on PC

Sometimes after being stuck in the same 4 walls, with the same 2 people, I just want to take an oversized piece of industrial equipment, strap it to my arm then amputate / decapitate / eviscerate random pixels in a variety of bloody ways.

I can do this in the Surge 2.

Vault-Tec and Arboreal like this.
  3. wolf5ster

wolf5ster Minimodder

After not playing origin games for a while, I've gone back to playing Battlefield and reinstalled Battlefield 3 after reading a Nvidia tweet quoting "What is the worst map you've played?". Since I answered with Scrapyard I have had an urge of playing BF3.:)

Just played a couple of rounds really enjoyed it. I sucked but still fun K17:DD44, I checked my BF5 stats :oops: KDR 0.27. I was that bad the other day I got kicked from squad.:rolleyes:

Last edited: 11 Apr 2020
    Mr Happy likes this.
  4. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Yeah the curb stomp in Dead Island is very effective for relieving stress also :D

Goatee likes this.
  5. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Black Mesa

I've made it to Xen (again). Still a little while off getting to Gonarch though.

Black Mesa is quite frankly an extraordinary game. I've been through the bulk of it about four times now and each time, the team behind it have refined it in some way - this time, the lighting (which was already fine) has been updated and so many little things besides. I've fallen in love with the shotgun - it's a satisfyingly loud and awesome thing that gibs enemies at point blank, yet can still be used at range without feeling like the power drops off to some silly level (see Doom 3).

What I like is the fact that the team (who started out as just a bunch of fans wanting to update Half-Life) have added in things that really make the game that much better. Off the top of my head, the medic soldier who heals other marines is a welcome addition. Subtle little tweaks to some of the more recognisable moments are brilliant: you go in expecting something to happen, only to have it happen later or in a different way.

The most notable achievement is Xen itself. What was once considered the weak point of the original game (much like when Crysis changed to hunting aliens instead of Koreans) has now become arguably the strongest part. Xen is BEAUTIFUL.

Anyway, got to get on to Gonarch, and then the Nihilanth :eeek:

Hamfunk and Spanky like this.
  6. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Still Final Fantasy VII Remake.

There will be many words written on the internet about this game, and I don't need to contribute to that by fanboying all over this thread. But this game could ship with an actual dog turd that has to be used as a controller and I would still love it.

7. wolf5ster

wolf5ster Minimodder

Got BF3 on the xbox one for just over £3, just playing a bit of the campaign again to get to know the controls earlier.

Got an extra 4 days holiday with full pay:)

Last edited: 14 Apr 2020
  8. malccy72

malccy72 Minimodder

Just finished Far: A lone sail which I loved and now am getting into 'A plagues Tale' which am quite enjoying although frustrated at times. Really recommend them both (pc).

9. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Been playing a lot of TeamFight Tactics. Got low Gold last season so hoping to get into high gold or platinum this season

10. wolf5ster

wolf5ster Minimodder

I think EA is down

Yep their down, client will not open and I'm not able to connect to the EA site.

Last edited: 14 Apr 2020
  11. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

Just bought it.

HL1 is still the greatest game I ever played (closely follow by the original Deus ex), looking forward to it.

Pete J likes this.
  12. wolf5ster

wolf5ster Minimodder

After a bit of an update I've had another play at Warzone and there is a solo mode for BR.

Mr Happy likes this.
  13. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

1. Find truck at a fire station
    2. Run people over
    3. :lol:

wolf5ster likes this.
  14. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Black Mesa

Gonarch. HOLY **** :jawdrop:

15. Vault-Tec

Fallout 76.

I decided a long time ago to just disown it. I've been waiting for the Wastelanders update, it's finally here. So instead of getting updates slowly I held off until this was in it too.

And it's a completely different game. It's no longer a shell, and feels like a Fallout game. Pretty much everything has changed. Within an hour I now know how to use my C.A.M.P properly and how to make things. Unlike the last time, where I was trying to read loads of crap and listen to my friends at the same time. I chose the latter, and thus I had no idea how to do anything.

I decided to scrap my last game (and I'm glad I did) because the NPC appear the moment you leave the vault. It also feels far less "tight" and "Pay to win or die". This time I have already made armour and so on.

Might finally get some value out of this bitch yet.

Arboreal likes this.
  16. Vault-Tec

hah, knew it was too good to be true. The NPC content lasts for about three hours, if that. Then it's back to the same old FO76. And annoyingly if you do the NPC quests with a friend one of you gets stiffed and gets no reward or XP.

I thought it was odd that they had "NPCed" the entire Wasteland in less than a year. Turns out my hunch was correct. It's one outpost with one quest line and that's it. And what's annoying me even more is that the game is still as tight as a gnat's chuff with ammo and weapons (though nowhere as bad as before) and is still clearly very much "Pay to win".

boiled_elephant likes this.
  17. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

CoD Warzone

wolf5ster and Mr Happy like this.
  18. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

doom eternal, only pld a few minutes and just got round to finishing doom 2016 few days ago. doom 2016 was not perfect but its was pretty well balanced the changes they made seem odd specially the default controls and it seems much more "consoley" than doom 2016 did. hope it gets better tho

19. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Thank God. For a minute I was worried games journalism might lose the best punching bag they've had in years!

I've just fallen out of love with Elite: Dangerous. Got to the engineer grind proper, and really hate it. It's just awful, pointless timewasting. At least most MMOs waste your time with content; this is wasting your time with the same generic gameplay of the base game, done over and over again for punishingly low drop rates on materials. It's worse than the World of Warcraft rep grinds.

So now I'm replaying Mass Effect for the first time in years, and it's great. Difficulty curve is buggered - sometimes enemies randomly one-shot you for no adequately foreshadowed reason, other times you steamroll them without trying - and the checkpoint save system is totally ****ed. I went through two boss battles and a mission completion and died, only to reload at the last checkpoint before the first boss battle.

But as long as you get used to quicksaving all the time, it's otherwise still an amazing game. I'm in awe of the depth and detail in the side-characters and world building.

20. Vault-Tec

We pressed on. There are more NPC. Like, one at a couple of locations. However, they do nothing that the computers didn't do before. They offer no side quests, just loads and loads of dialogue that you have to listen to all of to get your next quest.

We were having fun as it goes. Then he fell asleep after his lunch and I decided to play alone for a while. I am level 8. I walked for 30 minutes to get to the next quest only it was full of level 25 ghouls. After dying twenty or so times I just gave up.

I don't understand this game. Like, in Fallout 3 (and to some ends 4) the people you have to engage in combat with are usually around the same level as you. As you level up so do they, so it retains that balance. However, numerous times now we have found ourselves up against enemies with four times our level. And it's absolutely impossible, you just chew through what little ammo and stuff that you have and retreat with nothing.

I don't know if this is because the worlds are not private, or, if it is just deliberately being a ****. I'm not sure what I am supposed to do to level up 15 times and find the weapons needed to tackle this quest. It's hardly like there are loads of side quests you can grind on long enough to be able to win. So, all I can assume is that the game really was designed from the ground up to be pay to win.

Either way I think that could well be the last time I play it.