1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Bit-Tech F1 2020 thread - Season over

Discussion in 'General' started by RedFlames, 2 Feb 2020.

1. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

What about Bottas? At this rate Id place a bet on the Boston Red Sox winning a World Series than Bottas winning a race.
    Christmas came early and it was a lump of coal.

2. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

and how ironic that the odds are, the car he vacated to drive for Mercedies, was the car the debris came from which gave him the puncture which prevented him from winning ( when Aitken knocked his front wing off )

3. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Absolutely gutted for Russell but with his performance over the weekend it'll not be long before he's in a championship-winning car! Great move on Bottas though, Lewis might find contract negotiations a little more difficult.

It's mental to think that Perez potentially has a single race left, i'd take him over Albon any day!!

4. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

I'd take him over Vettel. Though tbh i'd take pretty much anyone over Vettel.

13eightyfour likes this.
  5. RedFlames

Last edited: 6 Dec 2020
  6. RedFlames

That was based on having mis-matched tyres... seeing on twatter merc put bottas' tyres on russel's car, which is a different issue.

7. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

well deserved. idiotic divebomb.

8. rollo

rollo Modder

Bottas looks like a man who has been beaten these last few years. I am surprised he still wants to be on the grid

I have wondered for a long time if Toto and Lewis will retire together end of this season. Lewis has so many other commitments now and the same with Toto. I dont think Lewis new deal is down to money, Merc will pay whatever he asks for him to be the brand, He sells Mercedes cars simple as that. He will be bringing in 5-10 times his wages in deals that help merc make money. Which leads on to toto who also has alot of other commitments. Does lewis want to continue for a Toto free merc, I dont think he personally does which is why the delay has gone as long as it has.

Russel could get his dream merc drive.

9. RedFlames

Dunno why but I kinda thing Lewis wants a stake in the team rather than more money. It's already his team, but I think part of him wants it to be his team.

10. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

If the FIA wanted to throw the book at Mercedes for it they would probably just give the team a fine rather than punishing Russel.

11. javaman

12. rollo

rollo Modder

I think it shows that the Merc team is not invincible as has been brought up. A good driver call of we staying out has probably won lewis more races than the safety stop would of cost him had it gone wrong.

13. javaman

Pit stops have always been an issue for Merc. It isnt the first time something has went wrong.
    Germany 2018 Hamilton diving into the pits late, i also remember Bottas not having tyres ready on occasion (cant remember exact race) and a Hamiton stop were they pulled out about 3 sets before finally bolting one on

14. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Just a reminder, Netflix was in the Mercedes pits, because they followed Russel that weekend. I guess they are going to be permabanned from Mercedes from now on, they bring bad luck to them :D .

15. javaman

Talk about camera shy.

FIA mandate that Netflix follow Mercedes everwhere

16. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

17. RedFlames

18. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I wonder if Russell will be part of Hamilton's contract negotiations, but in that Hamilton will want a more dangerous/capable opponent to race against. Bump Bottas back to Williams.

19. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Its what red bull would do without any hesitation

The_Crapman likes this.
  20. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

From what I've heard Hamilton say in interviews, he still enjoys racing but desperately wants a decent fight with someone. He's mentioned a few times about the max/red bull challenge not appearing and you can see the disappointment in his face when he does. I honestly believe he wants closer competition to overcome and undoubtedly become the greatest in the modern era.

Bottas just hasn't got it, he's a very competent and consistent driver, but he hasn't got that edge of a proper title challenger, both in his race craft and in particular to challenge Hamilton mentally. That was what won Rosberg the championship, he unsettled Hamilton before he even got in the car. I don't know if George has that, or if he can rely on his raw talent and youthful exuberance, but Bottas has had more than enough chances now.