1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Cyberpunk 2077

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Chicken76, 13 Mar 2013.

1. sandys

sandys Multimodder

I actually do find this annoying, you walk up to so many people and because the talk options appears you expect some value to the interaction but there is none, so I am wasting my time stopping, they should either do something with it or don't do anything at all.

2. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I'm disappointed that the game isn't what it was claimed to be throughout the development cycle, but I did enjoy it.

I just hope they bring it to where they claimed it would be between the lawsuits and refunds and general anger.

3. stuartpb

stuartpb Modder

That may explain why I was happy with it. I'd not even heard of it until a few weeks ago apart from seeing the odd ad. I don't read much on gaming at all. I used to years back but my habits changed. So I had no preconceptions as to what it should have been.

law99 and boiled_elephant like this.
  4. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

So, after 100 hours I completed the Nomad Path. Did a reload to try a few different endings. Had a blast, good game, the city is great, dense and very believeble. The storyline is pretty good but man oh man the game so buggy.

I had one sequence with Jonny where it would only render static and the sound, even the save game preview showed it. Had to reload it multiple times to see and play it correctly.
    I have had quest markers not update, so it's been very hard to find where to go, had to resort to you tube clips to figure it out.
    Several times enemies have spawned inside the terrain or inside boxes or shipping container, and they have been unkillable as a result. This has happened on both main and side quests, preventing their completion.
    I have seen several instances of NPC's just disappearing in front of me, trauma team, random enemies and often you will see entire streets become ghost towns.
    Mutiple streets aren't connected correctly, wher you can see a massive gap into the world below.
    And that's to name just a handful of the **** show of errors.

And performance is all over the place, although for me it's more stable (the lower FPS or the gap between the highest and lowest is much less) since the 1.05 patch. There are a few settings I tweaked (turned off!) which boosted overall performance and I'm glad because I detest all 3:
    Chromatic aberration.
    Motion Blurr.
    Depth of field.

Overall I have enjoyed it but IMO it needed another 6 months of dev and polish time.
    The Witcher 3, while not perfect by any stretch was a much better launch experience.
    I'm not convinced CDPR are the same as they were back when the wild Hunt was released and I understand why people feel mislead. The performance issues, especially on console's are a bit unforgivable.
    I'm sure they will fix it over time but if you haven't already taken the plunge, I'd consider waiting until it's been updated another 5-10 times!

Last edited: 22 Dec 2020
  5. oscy

oscy Modder

Found a random hostile NPC. She's always standing (or floating) at a crossing near the medpoint, even after reloading and fast travelling around. If you drive near, she'll get alerted like a guard. Scan calls her Jane Doe. This is after the Garry mission.

6. stephen0205

stephen0205 MrSteve

other than the random crashing, occasional glitching here and there, im liking it, seems like it could end up a cracking game once actually finished. Im about 17 hours in, doing some farming for street cred to get it leveled up, and try afford better augs (not using glitches, i know there is a few but it just ruins the game in my exp)

So its been not to bad, graphicly its nice, 8/10 it plays pretty smoth, id say i drop to desktop more than it glitching out in game, which sucks but still, took me 4 reloads to do one mission, then fine for hours, its so random

7. stuartpb

stuartpb Modder

Suffered my first serious glitch today. Was running under a bridge and the ground just disappeared. My character was freefalling for a few seconds and then the game save reloaded. Wondered what the hell was happening lol

8. Osgeld

Osgeld Minimodder

IMO anything stable FPS is ok as long as it never deviates more than a percentage (1660ti, 2700 non X, like 48-62 fps on default high, its not a twich game FFS)
    Maybe its an age thing, less than 60 fps is unplayable, go watch a Disney Star Wars at 24 FPS rave about it online during the movie

for what its worth I have never had a glitch thats more than a reload away, still do that on GTA-V heck GTA IV over a decade later lol but thats just one data point

boiled_elephant and wyx087 like this.
  9. satisfiedwimp

satisfiedwimp Minimodder

I saw this one and this is hella funny lol

10. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

I just finished the main game, at level 31. I thought was an excellent game from a non-RPG player's perspective, I bounced from mission to mission. The missions are on par with GTA and recent Dues Ex, while giving more freedom to approach things and the visuals are truly amazing.

wolf5ster and Goatee like this.
  11. oscy

oscy Modder

[​IMG]

With ray tracing off. Who needs RTX?

12. Spraduke

Spraduke Lurker

The power of RTX is not that it looks prettier than rasterisation (though it often does) but that you can acheive the same quality with much less developer/artist time. Now the FPS hit is the ballache but make no mistake, ray tracing (RTX or otherwise) will be the norm in the future.

wyx087 likes this.
  13. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Once mainstream titles are hitting 60-144hz on mainstream hardware, this'll be fine by me. As long as it represents a serious fps compromise, I'll turn it off. I thought it'd be there by now, but vga release cycles are being...weird, as we all know.

14. law99

law99 Custom User Title

Having purposefully avoided literally ALL information about this game I am very happy.

I can easily see how the game could be leagues better. But not sniffing the farts of developers, marketeers, and all video game publications (including solo youtubers etc) paid huge dividends to my enjoyment and expectations out of this game.

Playing on a RTX 3070 @ 1080p probably helped. By the sounds of it, playing on PC definitely helped.

15. oscy

oscy Modder

After a month and 200 hours, it was pretty good.

Any bugs I had were funny (like Rogue teleporting to my apartment to watch TV with me, or Judy leaving forever yet surprising me at our place).

The story's way too short so it's hard to care. Everyone should've developed more, especially Adam Smasher since they won't stop going on about him. And the secret objective where you can save a character is BS and shouldn't be hidden at all since other objectives aren't.

And I don't care what her (muff-)diving mission says; Judy is my waifu. Romance is so meaningless that I'm not so fussed Judy being bi got changed... Panam just acts like a friend, River is oddly romantic with his buddies, and Kerry probably shags everyone.

16. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I.. think I know which character you're referring to.

I only found that hidden objective out because I instinctively do the opposite of any objective ushering me down a corridor..

17. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Thread necro ahoy! Don't know how I missed this one the first time around...

I finished Starfield, I finished Baldur's Gate 3, and now I have the time/head space to get back into CP2077 and the Phantom Liberty expansion.

Found the Ken Block tribute car earlier (Quadra Type-66 "Hoon") and immediately had to start doing donuts in it.

[​IMG]

I've played as a female V for the last couple of playthroughs - the female voice acting is so much better IMO - so I always end up romancing Judy. The messages you get back & fore with her are just adorable, and...

... I like that she comes with you when you ride off into the sunset with the Aldecaldos.

It's kind of irritating that they lock off romance options to specific body types/genders. Larian handled this way better in BG3: no one gives a flying f' what body you have or what gender you choose, all the romanceable characters are up for anything. But IMO it's unfair to compare Baldur's Gate 3 to anything else out there really :grin:

Yaka likes this.