1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disaster What hardware have you broken?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Sc0rian, 23 Apr 2003.

1. skyrex

skyrex What's a Dremel?

heh, i was just about to say yeah goto our site... but it doesnt seem that our resident Meshteam broadband man has uploaded anything yet... :eyebrow: though he has been experiencing serious computer problems (he just recently lost every single scrap of data on his only 160gb drive) so it might b a while b4 u can have a peek at it, sorry all, will let u know when its up. :)

2. lord nicon21

lord nicon21 sexy *******

ok one more too add a nother 40GB harddrive :wallbash:

3. B|@c|<|c3

B|@c|<|c3 What's a Dremel?

sad day here.

My mobo shorted out and took my P4C 2.4GHz with it............

/me crys

4. Wicked Li'l Bender

Wicked Li'l Bender What's a Dremel?

And yet again, Mr. Murphy shows his ugly face...

Well, now throw in a 40 gig western digithell hdd, a 18 gb IBM Death Star, and a lovely 8.4 gig Maxtor (finialy gave up the ghost!) to the list of things electronical that despise me...
    Durn viruses...

5. planki

planki ...

The worst that ive had happen to me was when i was building my dads pc i mis read the motherboard manual and plugged the sound cable from the cd drive into the network power light socket on the motherboard instead of the relevant connector.

so as you can imagine when i turned the pc on the cd drive short circuited and burnt out starting to smoke :eeek:

i told him it was a faulty drive :D

6. B|@c|<|c3

B|@c|<|c3 What's a Dremel?

hahhahhhahhahhahhahhahhhahhahhhahahhahhahhashhahhahhahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahhahahahhahahhahhahahahahhahahhahahhahah @ any stupid mistakes anyone ever does, lol

lmfao, i hit my "69"th post, heh heh

69 DUDE

7. mod-ern man

mod-ern man What's a Dremel?

:blush: Did the old slip the screwdriver off the hs clip & rearrange traces on the mobo of my old Compaq system :grr:

8. lord nicon21

lord nicon21 sexy *******

oh it was a Compaq system :eek: your lucky you killed it so soon :hehe: :hehe:

9. Pygo

Pygo Rick Relixed

I whole heartedly agree.
    I HATE those things sooo much. I wouldn't even bother running one of those headless as a server... I hate sooo much..
    but for someone who doesn't have the money for a good computer, but needs a new one, they do fine. sort of.. until its time to upgrade... :hehe:

10. mod-ern man

mod-ern man What's a Dremel?

I agree, proprietary = bad, but I lost interest for a while :blush: & just needed something for the family (when it got too cranky, just slip in the CD from Compac & voila, back to factory fresh, nice clean HD and OS install, 5 min & no hassels).
    But Bit-Tech showed me the error of my ways :clap: & renewed my interest ( a new A7V266 & tbird 1.4 helped).

11. Pygo

Pygo Rick Relixed

really.. a no hassle process... EVERY compaq I have ever worked on has been so hard to install windows.. or at least their way... My way, it turned out to be more stable and better and stuff.

The worst one was one that used a win95 type installer program.. and only copied files over from the win xp cd.. never actually used ms' install program...
    and of course it crashed when trieing to install their proprietary software, which was of course good. That made it easier, since I only had to remove some junk from it. :clap:

12. Gedron

Gedron What's a Dremel?

A personal favorite of mine...

Click Here

"TechTV Blooper"

13. kiljoi

kiljoi I *am* a computer king.

I love it

14. El_JimBob

El_JimBob Minimodder

I managed to short out my Soyo Dragon+ Mobo a few months back whilst putting it in a new case. One of the power lines on the board, leading from from the PSU connector, actually erupted, exposing a broken copper track.
    I was mortified, until, one BT trained electrician father, a magnifying glass, bit of wire and solder later.................working board again :)
    Seriously, ill try and edit this post with a picture in a few days cos the job he did was second to none.
    Now all i gotta get him to do is change a cap on the board so i can use a nice shiny new Barton - room for an even bigger disaster methinks :naughty:

15. johnwilliams474

johnwilliams474 Banned

i agree

16. ChessMasterHex

ChessMasterHex What's a Dremel?

picked up my WD 120gb sata and took at out of the box, freind slammed open my door, i jumped and dropped it on the hard wood floor. it never worked. i did RMA it though.

17. El_JimBob

El_JimBob Minimodder

u shoulda kept the drive and used it to club him to death in his sleep first....
    ...or at least attempted to interface him with some of your working hardware :)

18. Pygo

Pygo Rick Relixed

19. Otto's

Otto's What's a Dremel?

I never :cooldude:

20. nugget

nugget What's a Dremel?

2 computers