Multi Old games you're trying again?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by TheGreatSatan, 27 May 2022.

1. keef247

keef247 Modder

amazing, glad I could help, I was gonna link you but thought I'd check first... Amazing isn't it!

2. Eveltbub

Eveltbub What's a Dremel?

0. Just didnt play much and am losing interest in games in general. Also feel I am starting games but never finishing them. Also state of releases has been pathetic.



SuperHans123 likes this.
  3. liamredskis

liamredskis What's a Dremel?

Planescape: Torment!
    I tried it once in the past, but I was put off by how much reading it actually requires lol. However, many deem it to be a real old-school-RPG classic, so I'm gonna endure this time around (at least I hope I will)

4. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Darwinia. It was aight. I didn't get into it enough to finish it, pretty minimalist arcade formula. But I always meant to play it and now I have.

Morrowind. All the tech/code/stability mods for this game have made it a dream to play now, it used to be a shambling mess of a game engine. The content itself has aged well. I don't think Morrowind will ever die - although I've still never completed it, it remains the most engrossing RPG for me, largely because of how close to literature and pen&paper RPGs it is in the execution. I like games that make me read and imagine stuff, as opposed to a stunning HD cinematic experience like MW2019 or RDR2. I grew up with lots of books so I guess that's my brain's bias.

5. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Ooh, fun fact time: every now and then you'd get a really, really long loading screen on the Xbox version. This was because the game had run out of resources and used a hack to silently reboot the console in the background, loading the game and a quick-save from scratch as a nuclear form of garbage collection.

Hex, Byron C and boiled_elephant like this.
  6. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

It's like the Boris Johnson of game engines, you think you know all the ways it's incompetent, but there's always one more :lol:

Byron C, wyx087 and Gareth Halfacree like this.
  7. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I mean... That's a pretty ingenious solution, but I feel like stopping it from being a problem in the first place would have been a better use of time...

8. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

yakuza series. on steam deck i never really finished most of them

9. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

SUPERHOT 11/10

The second time I've played this through, and it's just as much fun as I remember. I would say this game is on the list of essential games a gamer should play, up with the likes of Half-Life. Yes, it's quite short (you'll get through it in an afternoon) but it's extremely well executed.

GOOD DOG

wyx087 likes this.
  10. Spanky

Spanky Multimodder

[​IMG]

Good times :)

Last edited: 16 Feb 2023
    maple likes this.
  11. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Good old "image not found" :grin:

12. Spanky

Spanky Multimodder

Might of bolloxed it up :wallbash: im not good with these things.

That said ... having a field day with all these old games. Its totally re-invigorated me to play games from past yonder. All the PS2 games are upscaled to 4k and look stunning .. Crash Bandicoot The Wrath of ... someone looks and plays amazing. Might start a Retro gaming thread see what people are playing.

Byron C likes this.
  13. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I really should update that thread of mine, it's been a while... :grin:

14. keef247

keef247 Modder

F3AR, MGS4, MGS Twin Snakes, MGS2HD, Dead Space 3, Fear 1/2, Fallout New Vegas, Fallout 3

15. liamredskis

liamredskis What's a Dremel?

Got into an N64-rush recently, so it's Ocarina of Time, Benjo Kazooie, Mario 64, and Golden Eye!

16. maple

maple Minimodder

Literally just rebought this the other day!

Skating itch again so I gone back to THPS & the more realistic Skate series. Need a remaster for THPS 3 & 4 + Skate 4!

keef247 and Spanky like this.
  17. Spanky

Spanky Multimodder

Im still playing this!! Its just such a great Arcade racer loving it. I bought the THPS remaster 1 & 2 on the Xbox. Another fine purchase.

keef247 and maple like this.
  18. maple

maple Minimodder

The Dreamcast' Sega Rally 2 is also pretty good. I initially fell in love with Sega Rally at the Arcades. Whilst the remaster is certainly the best Tony Hawk title in recent years it still doesn't have the charm of the originals imo. However I do hope it can get an entire new generation into the Tony Hawk series spawning more titles.

19. Spanky

Spanky Multimodder

Agree about THPS not having that magic it did years ago , that said look how old i am!

I tried Sega rally 2 and it doesnt seem to have that "D-PAD" appeal to it .Im using the Dolphin emulator on PC for it . Did have it on Xbox X but microsoft have recently updated something and now none of my emulators work on it at all.

maple likes this.
  20. maple

maple Minimodder

That's a real shame with the emulators no longer working on the X. I prefer to play on the original systems to be honest however it is nice to have emulators when we know the life of these physical consoles is rather limited.

Regarding games not having that 'magic' I agree and feel with each subsequent generation the immersion levels grow to such an extent that sometimes even going back to the previous generation of video games loses that 'magic' I liken it to a drug. For example nowadays we've the PlayStation 5, I've a young family member who started out on the PlayStation 3 however since he has 'upgraded' to the PS5 he struggles to go back to the PS3. I once got him to play The Italian Job on the PS1 I personally could still play it as I spent many years of my childhood on the PS1 however he wouldn't have it as the graphics were too "pixelated" in his eyes. These days kids are starting out on the 'highest drug'.

Arboreal and Spanky like this.